IT.COM

Domains suddenly disappeared in my Afternic account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I logged into my Afternic account this morning and only 11 out of my 150 domains were visible, like the rest had been deleted. I don't understand what happened. Last night I updated the prices of my domains and this morning only 11 out of 150 are visible in my account.
After a password reset, I started listing the domains again, but some are already listed! Did someone hack my account or is it some glitch? Anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have the same problem. Sent them an email yesterday.

•••
40% of my domains are currently missing from Afternic as well.

As you can imagine, I'm not pleased at all.

Edit: Right now 80% of them are missing, so the number changed.

I think they might be doing some sort of maintenance. Since Sunday is my least busy sales day timing would make sense, at least...

Last edited:
•••
Twiki, I listed my domains again, 70% was accepted as new listings, the rest 30% seems to be invisible / already listed. 🤔

•••
This is extremely aggravating. I mean I've coped with this for years, but now it got me.

- My domains never enroll in Fast transfer. I have to call them each time and ask them to restart enrollment manually. Each month or so.

- Whenever I change a price, they go into review and stay there for weeks. Or never get out of review at all. Edit: when I call, each time they say very nicely to me: "oh... it seems many of your names are still stuck in review. Let me go through them now." Like... every time.

- Whenever I transfer a domain to another registrar (still mine), they go into review, and after a while Afternic kicks them out. I have to screenshots the domains AGAIN and send them via email so they manually re-accept them. Each time. And I renew certain domains weekly or sometimes even more often depending on needs and decisions.

- NS5/ NS6 is unusable. Dying all the time for some reason.

- I wanna see which are in review, so at least I get to know where I lose money. Well the search dropbox to select that, doesn't work. It still shows all the domains. I have to go manually through about 500 pages(?!) of 50 records to see WHICH ARE IN REVIEW.

- I could see their status in domains download. OH, but no, it doesn't work. At all. Once you get past 5000 names Afternic doesn't allow you to download your domains list anymore (?!?!) - You can only upload updated domains.

- I have to use BIN at Afternic cause that's what works there. But I can't use BIN elsewhere, cause I get double sales and lose my accounts (happened too many times to count). So I use make offer everywhere. NOW - I have to put my landers at BIN so everyone gets a chance at the price. But no - Afternic doesn't work cause like one third of my domains are either not in or in review. And I never know which are how unless I manually verify either all the domains or 500 pages of them in Afternic.

End result, I have to either direct users to a make offer only page, OR to Afternic BIN where half of them aren't working.

Is this situation rotten to the core or what.

Last edited:
•••
When i notice domain in review, i send them e-mail including the names which are under review and they fix it.

•••
When i notice domain in review, i send them e-mail including the names which are under review and they fix it.

I can't do that at 25K names. there are 500 pages of them.

And growing.

•••
I was ready to write that. For big portfolios, it's a problem. I hope they fix that.

•••
I can't do that at 25K names. there are 500 pages of them.

And growing.

You don't have to mention the names in the support email. Just instruct them that they restart the listing process for all pending review domains.

But yes, it's annoying.

Last edited:
•••
You don't have to mention the names in the support email. Just instruct them that they restart the listing process for all pending review domains.

But yes, it's annoying.

Can't even do that.

I have to mail them weekly or bi-weekly with screenshots to add new names. However they told me to email any other problems separately (or else they ignore them).

If I send a second email with pending review, what happens is that both emails will never get resolved cause that's how their CRM works for some weird reason. Edit: They just get ignored in such case and I never managed to understand why. With Afternic, there is only one thing at a time. Works in serial mode.

Last edited:
•••
I activated Dynadot Fast transfer easily after relisting my names, but my Namecheap names are not Fast Transfer, while they should have been...
About 30% of my names are invisible though..

•••
Can't even do that.

I have to mail them weekly or bi-weekly with screenshots to add new names. However they told me to email any other problems separately (or else they ignore them).

If I send a second email with pending review, what happens is that both emails will never get resolved cause that's how their CRM works for some weird reason. Edit: They just get ignored in such case and I never managed to understand why. With Afternic, there is only one thing at a time. Works in serial mode.

I feel your pain. Despite the enormous amount of knowledge available within the Godaddy Group, Afternic is just not able to innovate as fast as some new players. Or at least fix technical problems.

There's still no full https support for landers on ns5/ns6. I've stopped bugging them about it, but it's fair to mention here again.

•••
This always happening if the seller listed domains at uniregistry and update the prices , it will be
deleted from afternic .
There is a conflict between afternic and uniregistry listing , specially if used bin option at uniregistry .

Last edited:
•••
There's still no full https support for landers on ns5/ns6. I've stopped bugging them about it, but it's fair to mention here again.

Full https support requires the platform to generate a separate certificate for each domain. Given the big inertia here, I doubt this will be implemented.

There is a conflict between afternic and uniregistry listing , specially if used bin option at uniregistry .

I've tried listing at Uniregistry WITHOUT prices and still got conflicts.

•••
Full https support requires the platform to generate a separate certificate for each domain. Given the big inertia here, I doubt this will be implemented.

Which is extremely easy to do for millions of domains with Let's Encrypt, like DAN and Alter do.

Moreover, Godaddy is a CA authority, which makes me extra sad.

•••
I resubmitted all my domains and it appears they are in now. Will be monitoring review ones etc.

•••
I resubmitted all my domains and it appears they are in now. Will be monitoring review ones etc.

While I resubmitted, 30% of names were 'already listed' on Afternic, but not visible in my account.

•••
Afternic UI and listing mechanisms have been broken to borderline unusable for years. You'd think the biggest company in the game would be addressing issues but it seems that as with everything GD, customer care is just an afterthought.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic UI and listing mechanisms have been broken to borderline unusable for years. You'd think the biggest company in the game would be addressing issues but it seems that as with everything GD, customer care is just an afterthought.

I wonder if they realize how much $ they are losing from this. (And us... of course).

It's a staggering amount by any estimate.

•••
Just uploaded 4,195 domains successfully via csv.

•••
Having the same issues with them. A few days ago 20 percent or so of my portfolio had just vanished from my account. Everything is so outdated and broken at Afternic, the whole system needs an overhaul. That said, a complete rebuild would be even better and highly profitable in the long run.

Last edited:
•••
I've re-uploaded my 25K names again.

20k are in the account. 5k are missing.

•••
- I wanna see which are in review, so at least I get to know where I lose money. Well the search dropbox to select that, doesn't work. It still shows all the domains. I have to go manually through about 500 pages(?!) of 50 records to see WHICH ARE IN REVIEW.

I don't know if you has tried or not, but on the new beta version of Afternic, on top there are two boxes, one with "in review" and the other "listed"

I think if you click the "in review" box, you could see all the domains that are in review

•••
•••
I don't know if you has tried or not, but on the new beta version of Afternic, on top there are two boxes, one with "in review" and the other "listed"

I think if you click the "in review" box, you could see all the domains that are in review

How do you try the beta? I see no option for that.

•••
Back