Dynadot

question Domains put on 'Serverhold'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Few of my domains (.shop) are put on 'Severhold' for sometime and couldn't figure out what could have made it.

None of those domains were developed.
Didn't contact any business to buy them.
They are just generic names.
Listed them in marketplace for sale.

Domains:
All in .shop
HempGums
HempOils
CBDgums
CBDcrystals
InstantBuy

Any idea what could have caused it?
Does these names sound infringing any trademark?
Whom should I contact to release the hold?
or they just want to take back these domain names?

I tried contacting the get .shop site contact and contact email 'newgtld...' multiple times but there was no reply.
May be I am contacting the wrong team?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just curious, did you contact the registrar's support?
If you did, what did they say?

•••
•••
Just curious, did you contact the registrar's support?
If you did, what did they say?
No. As per the above article shared by Future sensors, I should contact the registry for the above problem.
But no reply from them even after multiple emails/contact form submissions.

As per the registrars info,
  1. The most common reason for a domain being in serverHold status is because the domain is hosting content that violates the Terms and Conditions of the Registry.
  2. You should remove any content which may be causing fraud, malicious activity, or trademark violations.
  3. Sav does not have the ability to lift these locks. You can optionally reach out to the registry to get a specific reason for the serverHold being placed.
But the domains were not developed to have any fraud or malicious activity and not sure how these domains violate any trademark as well.

May be they want to make these domains Registry premium domains by any chance? For me some of those names sound premium. Lol :)

•••
No matter what that article says, the first thing to do is always to contact the registrar's support. They might have insight that could save you lots of energy and time trying to contact the, much harder to reach, registry.
I've never had a registrar's support directing me to the registry without first having a look at the issue.

jmo

•••
No matter what that article says, the first thing to do is always to contact the registrar's support. They might have insight that could save you lots of energy and time trying to contact the, much harder to reach, registry.
I've never had a registrar's support directing me to the registry without first having a look at the issue.

jmo
That's right. Actually I tried contacting their support. But their help center seems to be in some migration process for sometime and not able to raise any support ticket. Emails to support are getting auto replied to raise ticket through help center.
I am just waiting for their help center to get fixed or the registry to reply / unblock the domains.

•••
You are right. I totally forgot that they are migrating to zendesk.

•••
You are right. I totally forgot that they are migrating to zendesk.
Yes. Its going on for a month. They have a very good support team. So just waiting for them to come back active.

•••
Back