IT.COM

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those who didn't vote for Epik, we'll be happy to hear your feedback to improve ourselves as our goal is ultimately help you to succeed.

We try to listen 24 by 7, discuss those with our team and finally come up with best we can give to our clients.
@Sumeeth - you voted for Epik in this poll. At the same time, in "What coronavirus domain did you register?" thread, you reported the registration of CoronaNewz.com:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/page-5

It is registered with Dynadot. Do you prefer Dynadot for own domains? If so, an option to change the vote was recently enabled again ;)

P.S.
https://domainnamewire.com/2020/03/16/taking-advantage-of-covid-19/

Last edited:
•••
@Sumeeth - you voted for Epik in this poll. At the same time, in "What coronavirus domain did you register?" thread, you reported the registration of CoronaNewz.com:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-coronavirus-domain-did-you-register.1173790/page-5

It is registered with Dynadot. Do you prefer Dynadot for own domains? If so, an option to change the vote was recently enabled again ;)

P.S.
Interesting. That is like your team conceding an injury time goal :-P

You scored the winner and no time is left for the opponent to equalize.

Last edited:
•••

P.S.
Thanks for pointing this out :) I have domains in almost at all registrar including Epik, I buy domains at different registrar's depending on the price of the domain at that particular point of time after all I am a domainer. I do have 100's of domains at Epik as well. I like Epik as a registrar because it listens to customers, it is there to innovate, it provides domain services, escrow, marketplace, beautiful landing pages and what's not.. so this is my favourite and am not going to change my vote. Anyway for Epik, votes doesn't matter, our customers matter.. :)

•••
Epik landing: I like it, but there is no useful visit tracking. You get useful data only for offers and messages.

Epik payout: Their commission is I think, 9 percent (or say 10). If you try payout, I think you lose another 5 percent (or 5 percent of 91 percent)..For me not a problem. I would keep my money at Epik, unless there is too much cash there.

Epik might be the only marketplace which doesn't show sellers' data before payment. Not sure about it..

I suspect "value of domain" is shown to buyers, and if so, I don't like this, although most of my domains have high (4 figure) Estibot.
I really still don't understand how one can buy a domain at new Namesilo.

•••
It'll be worse

P.S.

That

another employee saying Dynadot is probably the best

even @Samer saying nice things about Dynadot in chat

I think it would be funny if Dynadot ran a banner here saying - Dynadot - Even Epik employees and fan boys love us.

So again, with this poll and the ones the previous year, a clear top 4 is rounding out. Epik, Dynadot, GoDaddy, Namesilo. Those 4 just dominate the polls. It looks like PorkBun is an up and commer.

•••
Interesting. That is like your team conceding an injury time goal :-P

You scored the winner and no time is left for the opponent to equalize.

Just because you think a certain registrar ,or the one you work for, is the best doesn't mean you should hold all your domains there.

In the end it's all about the money. DD is great and Epik fans/employees taking advantage of their current promo doesn't surprise me one bit. Can't blame them.

•••
It'll be worse

That

I think it would be funny if Dynadot ran a banner here saying - Dynadot - Even Epik employees and fan boys love us.

So again, with this poll and the ones the previous year, a clear top 4 is rounding out. Epik, Dynadot, GoDaddy, Namesilo. Those 4 just dominate the polls. It looks like PorkBun is an up and commer.

The promo is an offer to go to us. There's nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned. Same GoDaddy, Dynadot, Namesilo they have already gathered an audience around them. Even if another user says that the Registrar is better, this is a reason to think and ask what is wrong.

Let's just say we're reading this poll and answers inside. We collect all reviews. Perhaps in the future, there will only be 3 main registrars left. Epik, Dynadot/GoDaddy/Namesilo (choose one) and... (choose another one).

Just because you think a certain registrar ,or the one you work for, is the best doesn't mean you should hold all your domains there.

In the end it's all about the money. DD is great and Epik fans/employees taking advantage of their current promo doesn't surprise me one bit. Can't blame them.

Employees are also domainers. Like me. All domainers can use our promo. The problem is that they are perceived strangely by the community. A big PR campaign, the forum capture? No.

Even employees use the company's services. But employees are also customers. We do not have special prices "for employees". This is normal.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Dynadot of course. Epik will win just because of the 30-40 votes from it's staff members.

•••
Dynadot of course. Epik will win just because of the 30-40 votes from it's staff members.

I`m vote like a NP member, not staff member.

•••
9 days left, 9 votes separate first and second place.

•••
•••
Same as last year, my vote still goes to Dynadot.

•••
It'll be worse

That

I like Porkbun. For me my list is Dynadot, Porkbun, then maybe Epik and Namesilo after those 2

•••
Indeed! it is unethical and not objective

•••
After 19 pages of comments any idea of this poll being non objective/subjective went out of the window a long time ago.....

•••
Indeed! it is unethical and not objective

The EPIK employees are voting as NP members, so its okay I guess. It will be really ironic if EPIK employees who are also NP members do not vote for EPIK.

•••
2019: Epik was just a footnote in the best registrar poll
2020: Epik looks like it might be a controversial winner (or at least a controversial second place finisher)
2021: Epik will be a clear winner maybe? Who knows...

Keep innovating @Epik.com and @Rob Monster

•••
2020: Epik looks like it might be a controversial winner (or at least a controversial second place finisher)

— Sure!

meme (85).jpg

Try to find. :xf.rolleyes:

After 19 pages of comments any idea of this poll being non objective/subjective went out of the window a long time ago.....

19 pages of backstory to find out all the points. As for me,
it was worth it. At least we figured out all the details. :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
— Sure!

Show attachment 148363

Try to find. :xf.rolleyes:

19 pages of backstory to find out all the points. As for me,
it was worth it. At least we figured out all the details. :whistle:

Yeah your sarcastic emoji changes the details....

19 pages of conflicting opinions means that some votes have been influenced whether you like it or not...

•••
It'll be worse

That

Yes it's clear that for domainers, it's about 4 registrars with a couple up and commers.

•••
Yes it's clear that for domainers, it's about 4 registrars with a couple up and commers.
Why quote me in this response? I said that due to the numerous pages of comments it would be hard to show some kind of objectivity before voting.

•••
Why quote me in this response? I said that due to the numerous pages of comments it would be hard to show some kind of objectivity before voting.

They're big boys, girls can make an educated decision, based on user/employee experience

Better than not having anything, to begin with?

Wish I had this 19-page primer to show why people why think their registrar best!

Until 2022; when next Epik scandal is; have double employees voted! Too busy scaling, baby!

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Thought I quoted JB oh I was going to respond to something you said and didn't then saw JB's.

There is never any real objectivity imo domaining is a collection of echo chambers.

•••
They're big boys, they can make an educated decision, based on user and employee experience

Better than not having anything to begin with,

I wish I had this 19-page primer to show why people why think their registrar the best!

Until 2022; when next Epik scandal is they have double the employees! Too busy scaling, baby!

Hint: employees of others can vote for whomever but hidden in anonymity.)
Wasnt asking you, as someone who who voted Epik in this poll I have tried to remain impartial. The biased responses I receive wont change my vote but do make me question peoples motives

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back