Dynadot

poll Domaining's version of March Madness - Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

NameSilo
Watch

Who is the best registrar in the business? 2020 Edition

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's time for the domain industry's version of March Madness

The best registrar in the business for 2020

Registrars that got less than 2 votes from last time were not included, Uniregistry being acquired by GoDaddy is not included.

the last big poll here.

Can NameSilo defend their crown? Will Epik finally come through and attain the top spot? GoDaddy always a contender. Any surprises?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spamming is the one who supports misleading $12.99 .com renewals for "low" $8.25 transfer?
Register at $8.99; only to jack up prices year-2

$12.99!! almost double Epik, and not going transfer circles to avoid Name com $$ renew?

there reason post liked; Name sucks (Sorry:xf.laugh:) even if Name cut .com renewal almost half!
Gladly stick Epik, where dont have enter codes to get free privacy; epik it’s free for life

Samer

1.) Actually the spammer is the one who has had multiple posts removed, has received multiple infractions, and is currently facing a timeout for blatant self promotion.

2.) $12.99 is not close to double $8.99. $12.99 / $8.99 = 1.44. Basic math.

3.) Is there a reason why Rob has not hired you yet? You spend an awful of of time promoting Epik and defending Rob.

Brad

•••
I have never once seen someone link to an Epik product unrelated to the topic at hand, it's always on point and in some cases are to things I never knew they offered.

I guess you need glasses then. Rob had 4 posts removed from this thread alone that were considered self promotion.

Brad

•••
1.) Actually the spammer is the one who has had multiple posts removed, has received multiple infractions, and is currently facing a timeout for blatant self promotion.

2.) $12.99 is not close to double $8.99. $12.99 / $8.99 = 1.44. Basic math.

3.) Is there a reason why Rob has not hired you yet? You spend an awful of of time promoting Epik and defending Rob.

Brad

Nice try, $8.49 for Npers since day-1.

$8.49 * 2 yrs is $16.98, closer to Name $13 1yr
That doesnt include privacy which costs more, unless enter "secret code" free Name privacy. Pss. want to know secret? We dont need code for privacy. :) Or deals. I dont like promotion worse registrar at epik expense.”spam” to me. Especially name.com at that..

Name owned by donuts? wonder y .com $$ 🤔

Samer

Last edited:
•••
People straight lying in this thread or don't have a clue what they post about. Besides what Brad just mentioned, someone else from the company had their spam removed from these threads:

'Does Dan work'

'Highest estibot on your handreg'

They said they'll do better, we'll see. I hope so, focus on business.

Last edited:
•••
I guess you need glasses then. Rob had 4 posts removed from this thread alone that were considered self promotion.

Brad

From dictionaty.com
noun
(lowercase) Digital Technology. disruptive online messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as email (often used attributively): Install spam blocker software and keep your email spam filters updated to protect your accounts from unsolicited spam.
adjective
(lowercase) Digital Technology. (of promotional content on the Internet) irrelevant or misdirected: The search engine delivered spam websites that had nothing to do with my keywords.

There are several disruptive posts still on here, none from Epik staff. Epik posts aren't irrelevant but very much on point.

•••
From dictionaty.com
There are several disruptive posts still on here, none from Epik staff. Epik posts aren't irrelevant but very much on point.

It is not up for debate.

Rob received multiple infractions for self promotion.
Multiple posts were removed.
He was given a temporary thread ban.

Those are the facts, like it or not.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is not up for debate.

He was given a temproary thread ban.

Those are the facts.

Brad

who reported his posts Brad?

Literally anyone who voted for other.

Those are the facts. Every-time Rob posts is “spam” to them. i see disruption

Samer

Last edited:
•••
who reported his posts Brad?

Literally anyone who voted for other.

Those are the facts. Every-time Rob posts is “spam” to them. I see disruption.
$6.99 epik .com transfer still on btw

Samer

I have no idea. Probably multiple people.
The determination was made by NamePros.

Fax.

Brad

•••
It is not up for debate.

He was given a temporary thread ban.

Those are the facts, like it or not.

Brad

Apples and oranges.

Posts get deleted for a mirad of reasons both correctly or incorrectly. I've had posts of mine deleted and I dont post any links to Epik or any other commercial product. I'm sure you have too.

Spam is an entirely different thing than simply having a post removed.

•••
This. Rob’s been true to his word since day1.
He’s the owner, he’s the CEO makes his words i dont know..? carry weight. not faceless inactiv

In this case, CEO = Chief Evangelist Officer.

From wikipedia:
IMG_20200313_075715.jpg

And, yeah, I checked it, that term is already registered.

•••
Apples and oranges.

Posts get deleted for a mirad of reasons both correctly or incorrectly. I've had posts of mine deleted and I dont post any links to Epik or any other commercial product. I'm sure you have too.

Spam is an entirely different thing than simply having a post removed.

What is wrong with you? Did you also get a month account restriction and a month thread ban? It's like you can't even remember what somebody posted a few minutes ago.

•••
Dynadot appears to be on course to win this poll. The difference is 15 as of now.

•••
Dynadot appears to be on course to win this poll. The difference is 15 as of now.
It's only 13th of the month but if you are hurry to announce the winner then go ahead.

•••
The poll includes registrars which are set to serve bulk registrants in one way or another. However, sometimes it may be useful to use retail registrars. Endusers who are reading this (as the forum is indexed by search engines). And even we the domainers on various occasions may need to use retail registrars. The 1st case - own not-for-sale domains, as it would be more safe. An account with a bulk registrar should have an email address attached, as well as whois, so due to security reasons whois/account email domain should be better regged elsewhere.

So, as per own experience. The retails registrars I personally tried and can recommend.

1) EasyDNS.com - retail registrar based in Canada. Professional DNS service is also available. They respect the law and do not block domains arbitrary like some other registrars. No order from Canadian court - no blocking. Owners blog: https://easydns.com/blog/ . Worth reading even for non-customers. The owner (or CEO?), Mark E. Jeftovic, is well-known and respected industry figure.

2) Gandi.net - an old registrar based in France. Strict EU privacy rules apply. Simply works. Hosting and related stuff is available, but in some aspects it is intended to be used by technically advanced users imo.

3) DomainIT.com and PairNIC aka Pairdomains.com - U.S.-based registrars, good support, all working as it should. No issues reported by endusers.

4) Hover.com - retail "arm" of Tucows. Based in Canada obviously. Extra services like professional email. No issues with billing or support.

Last edited:
•••
It's only 13th of the month but if you are hurry to announce the winner then go ahead.
Just gave you my first dislike in this thread :-P

I am not the one who sill announce, and I am not happy with your tone. I voted for Epik MR.

The same way you say it is the 13th...and yes it is Friday, those who voted for Dynadot will say so. But you have to acknowledge the amazing rise of Dynadot's votes. At first it seemed Epik would have a free ride, albeit with superior staff voting. Then suddenly, Dynadot is flying high.

•••
The poll includes registrars which are set to serve bulk registrants in one way or another. However, sometimes it may be useful to use retail registrars. Endusers who are reading this (as the forum is indexed by search engines). And even we the domainers on various occasions may need to use retail registrars. The 1st case - own not-for-sale domains, as it would be more safe. An account with a bulk registrar should have an email address attached, as well as whois, so due to security reasons whois/account email domain should be better regged elsewhere.

So, as per own experience. The retails registrars I personally tried and can recommend.

1) EasyDNS.com - retail registrar based in Canada. Professional DNS service is also available. They respect the law and do not block domains arbitrary like some other registrars. No order from Canadian court - no blocking. Owners blog: https://easydns.com/blog/ . Worth reading even for non-customers. The owner (or CEO?), Mark E. Jeftovic, is well-known and respected industry figure.

2) Gandi.com - an old registrar based in France. Strict EU privacy rules apply. Simply works. Hosting and related stuff is available, but in some aspects it is intended to be used by technically advanced users imo.

3) DomainIT.com and PairNIC aka Pairdomains.com - U.S.-based registrars, good support, all working as it should. No issues reported by endusers.

4) Hover.com - retail "arm" of Tucows. Based in Canada obviously. Extra services like professional email. No issues with billing or support.
I heard good things about EasyDns. They seem to be good. Even their hosting.

•••
I'm in the UK, I noticed that 123-Reg is not on the list.

•••
Just gave you my first dislike in this thread :-P

I am not the one who sill announce, and I am not happy with your tone. I voted for Epik MR.

The same way you say it is the 13th...and yes it is Friday, those who voted for Dynadot will say so. But you have to acknowledge the amazing rise of Dynadot's votes. At first it seemed Epik would have a free ride, albeit with superior staff voting. Then suddenly, Dynadot is flying high.
Bro, Its was just a fun sorry if it's hurt you.

2) Gandi.net - an old registrar based in France. Strict EU privacy rules apply. Simply works. Hosting and related stuff is available, but in some aspects it is intended to be used by technically advanced users imo.
I agree we should have add Gandi.net, I used them in past.

•••
I heard good things about EasyDns. They seem to be good. Even their hosting.

Not just good. Superb! I have just one domain with them as it's easier to integrate one of their add-ons they offer. They know what they're doing. Very talented people. They're not the standard registrar though. And yeah, it was mentioned before, the blog is a must read.

•••
That is fine, but I would have the same issue with any company's employees voting for their own company in a poll like that.

I just don't put any faith in a poll like this. When you have people voting for their own company it just appears to be too biased.

Brad
There's 640 votes so far. The number of employees that work for Epik is less than 100. What exactly is the issue? There's not enough of us for our bias to make any difference. Do the math....

•••
There's 640 votes so far. The number of employees that work for Epik is less than 100. What exactly is the issue? There's not enough of us for our bias to make any difference. Do the math....

I did the math.

Dynadot is ahead by 15 at this point. There are 20+ Epik employee votes for Epik.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well said. Good that you posted it. Good that you understand. Which is why, should Epik technically win the poll with <20 votes vs. Dynadot, it would be a PR disaster for your marketing team ;-(). "We won because we voted for ourselves" - how would your marketing team live with it? However, it is too early to say. Dyna tends to receive more votes after Epik team voted on the 1st day, so, anything can happen in 2+ remaining weeks...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did the math.

Dynadot is ahead by 15 at this point. There are 20+ Epik employee votes for Epik.

Brad

this isnt an election

this isnt voter fraud investigation

the ID’s are there. you guys need to chill out.

Last edited:
•••

Well, we don't know how many fake accounts Epik is running on NamePros. Based on the way I have seen them interact on this forum, it wouldn't surprise me if they're in control of a number of puppet accounts.

I've been browsing this forum since 2003, and have a general feel for what's going on, and somethings not adding up with Epik on here.

I want to say that I have no affiliation (I'm not an affiliate partner or get ad revenue) with any domain registrar.

The only reason why I have been posting about this poll and Epik in general, is because I believe they have been gaming this forum for their own benefit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back