IT.COM

information Domaining trend in China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xiyou

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
The domaining market in China is bad and the trend is decreasing drastically. Some factors are listed to be considered:
a. Economical environment is bad due to tarrifs issue
b. Crypo digital trading like BTC is restricted
c. Stock market is in low wave
d. The platform 1618.com and sjs.com of wholesale trade in CHIPs was close and the bosses run away with funds in 2018.
e. A lof of new investors and famous ones left the domaining etc.

Thanks for your comments.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All over, domaining has never exploded. I like to see it become a fad (popular). It's just not popular and most people still don't realize the investment opportunity.

With social media fading, now is the chance. NewGTLD and all, it should happen soon...we hope.

•••
All over, domaining has never exploded. I like to see it become a fad (popular). It's just not popular and most people still don't realize the investment opportunity.

With social media fading, now is the chance. NewGTLD and all, it should happen soon...we hope.
I own lots of good GTLD's, the inquiries for them are WAY WAY WAY down.

Sure you can scrape a few bucks here, and there, but with Donuts ramping up renewals, with a subpar portfolio you will never outrun your renewals, discounting your opportunity costs.

Where demand is up is good .com's, especially one words.

•••
I own lots of good GTLD's, the inquiries for them are WAY WAY WAY down.

Sure you can scrape a few bucks here, and there, but with Donuts ramping up renewals, with a subpar portfolio you will never outrun your renewals, discounting your opportunity costs.

Where demand is up is good .com's, especially one words.

Okay well I mention newtld for better or for worse. Up to you if you see it as a good thing, to support domains overall. Or, may as well be a good thing to be out of the way, since that's how you see it.

If you think newgtld have failed so far, I wonder, can 1000 more have an impact on .com?

It's not that 1 word .com prices are low, but slow, no liquidity, few interested investors. The industry (domainers only) hardly grow. It's like a long time plateau, yet there is so much more room to rise with any perspective.

Last edited:
•••
Okay well I mention newtld for better or for worse. Up to you if you see it as a good thing, to support domains. It may as well be a good thing to be out of the way, since that's how you see it.
I'm not seeing it any which way, I am basing it on facts. When the new G's came out inquiries were fast, and furious, as nobody knew the difference from hand reg, or a parking page. The extensions were spending millions on marketing, there was a lot of media buzz about new extensions. All of that is pretty much gone away. If someone is willing to step outside the box to reg one, unless you have something very direct matching, they will likely go with 1 of another 1000 extensions, than pay you an retail ask on your already purchased domain.

Like if you think rule_violation is a good enough domain to add it to your profile, I have to say you are on the wrong path, when it comes to understanding GTLD's.

To the original OP who posted this thread, did you really think the CHIP trend in China was about domains, or about something else? If you can't answer that question then you have no real clue on why, and what happend.

Last edited:
•••
It's also prudent not to be short sighted. 4l, 5l and numbers have done extremely well looking at most timelines. A lot of argument over investment can be avoided by understanding everyone has separate timelines and expectations.

•••
Can you imagine the price of 4L.cn chip was about 1000$ average in 2017 end? Now it is about 30$. It is just gambling and manipulating by investors.

•••
Domains in china, sorry to say had and have a lot more to do with stashing dirty money and laundering, same as crypto (everywhere).

I agree that there was some entity pumping number domain and chip while they had a large investment in these. I don't put that past this industry :p

I think the last boom in china was a perfect storm of older people becoming more familiar (natural) with web, crypto, a need to hide money and some big investment / manipulation all rolled into one.

•••
"Like if you think rule_violation is a good enough domain to add it to your profile, I have to say you are on the wrong path, when it comes to understanding GTLD's."

I think it's a hilarious domain. I am well aware the .com is avail, and I don't care about that neither. Also never asked for your opinion on my domain. Just to be clear, I don't care what you think about my domains and don't appreciate you talking bad about them out of nowhere.

Me merely saying 'newgtld' with barely any context, no bias, just left to the user to draw their own conclusion should not create a springboard to attack my domain. Learn some manners. If everyone did this on every mention of .com, .xyz or ANYTHING, this place would be a zoo.

If you want to talk like that, @wwwweb , I think your username is silly and bad, such an eyesore that now you're ignored! I ignored you because I know if I used your most vague mentioning of .com anywhere on this forum to springboard an unsolicited opinion on one of YOUR domains, I would be banned in a second.

Last edited:
•••
Back