Dynadot

analysis Domaining should be restricted to the over 50's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
OK, it's a of bit tongue in cheek comment. But more and more I'm becoming aware of how the youngsters in domains do not appear to connect to old-world values. The older generation are the best to connect with both the modern terminology but usually understand where value lays in terms that have appropriateness to many modern businesses. Basically solid foundations in that .com domain. The old minds have the ability of history, experience and adaptability. learning is just an additional aspect.

Whereas the younger generation only have their recent connectivity to go on. Sure they pick things up as they go along but blimey it takes a long wait for penny's to drop.

AGE VERIFICATION Required before you enter this domain registration/sales site ;) Strictly for your own protection.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I walked past a play area the other day. I had to laugh when one teenager said to a much younger girl
"Parents, they just never understand"

sry, had to :-P do we ever really, even when we think we do?

•••
Josh Reason: hold my .io

•••
In most fields it is the (relatively) young who drive innovation and change and progress..

•••
Interesting post and I can see the OPs point of view. However, I do remember an over 50 who retired and took his nest egg and spent it on 100k worth of hand reg. He was brand new to the industry and just had read an ebook on domain investing. I remember looking at the portfolio and it was really rough. They were all dot coms but filled with names like myfirsttimeinacar.com , myfirstimeonabike.com etc. I'm sure that was a difficult lesson.

Personally I have never met a young person with a true grasp of domain investing. I wouldn't say over 50s but maybe something more like over 30s that have been actively investing for at least 5 yrs.

•••
OK, it's a of bit tongue in cheek comment. But more and more I'm becoming aware of how the youngsters in domains do not appear to connect to old-world values. The older generation are the best to connect with both the modern terminology but usually understand where value lays in terms that have appropriateness to many modern businesses. Basically solid foundations in that .com domain. The old minds have the ability of history, experience and adaptability. learning is just an additional aspect.

Whereas the younger generation only have their recent connectivity to go on. Sure they pick things up as they go along but blimey it takes a long wait for penny's to drop.

AGE VERIFICATION Required before you enter this domain registration/sales site ;) Strictly for your own protection.
Hear, Hear!

•••
Best industry is the one which you witnessed its birth. Did you witness birth of internet? That is the secret of great success and is the point of this thread. One must be minimum 40-50 to have some chance on internet based things. I agree with the OP.

•••

I'm not sure if this is in jest or an instance of boomer entitlement.

•••

The first domain name was registered in 1985. People over 50 should be the ones who diside who's domain names get restricted. Lol.

•••
"Its more than I had, because I have more time"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back