IT.COM

domains Domaining In Scotland Is Becoming Big Business!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I read a great article today about domaining in Scotland. Thought I would share it...

Changing business: Domains, the new business of Scotland
A digital Scotland is emerging in a changing business landscape. Just as business is changing in Scotland, so are the opportunities for businesses to differentiate themselves and innovate to reach different markets.

Tommy Butler has been one of the most successful people who buy and sell domain names - known as domainers - and now has a digital empire that spans the globe. He has hit the headlines in the past for being offered more than £1million for Glasgow.com.

Here, he shares his own views on why Scotland is getting serious about digital opportunities and what lies ahead for Scottish businesses....

Read the full article here: http://www.pwc.co.uk/who-we-are/regional-sites/scotland/insights/domains-business-scotland.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Now this is news. Thanks for posting.

•••
Interesting thanks for posting.

•••
•••
that's one of the great things about domains - you can live in a small market like Scotland and get into a big global business with huge profits with just an internet connection

•••
great article. I particularly liked how the author painted domaining as a real business rather than a get-rich-quick scheme or cyber-squatting scam.

•••
Great Article..Thanks For Sharing...:xf.smile:

•••
Many thanks for sharing. Definitely inspiring and felt like a breath of fresh air...

•••
Why don't Scotland hold an annual domain name conference

•••
Scotland Internet TLD - .scot
Scotland official page - scotland.org
Scottish Government page - gov.scot

•••
Tommy Butler is a smart business man and a really decent fellow. I've had the pleasure of hanging with him at several domain conferences, and was impressed by his business savvy.

There are some other domain investors in Scotland that are less well known, but are nevertheless indicative of a entrepreneurial spirit alive and well from "Alba".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back