Dynadot

sales Domaining in 2019

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

2019 comes to an end so let me share the outcome for the year for me..

Domaining Journey started in 2017 with $300 initial investment..

2019:-

Total revenue:- $178k

Platform :-
Undeveloped;- $45k
Afternic :- $14.5
PayPal:- $118k

Outbound sale :- $155k
Inbound sale :- $23k

Developed 3 domains into long term blogs .. 1 each in legal , home services , education with approx 150 well researched article each..
Developed 300 geo domains into landing page with 1 article each..

Presently have 8k domains and 15 member team..

Target for 2020..

1.Start with premium domains
2. Focus more on development of unsold domains
3. Actively explore affiliates for domains
4. 5x revenue from domaining
5. Explore tieup and setting up more offices..

Happy new year guys...
Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome job @rohitgoyal!

Domaining spans the globe and business models can vary greatly in different regions. What works in one area may not work in another, vice versa.

Thank you for sharing your successes with us!

Happy New Year!

•••
•••
Absolutely Fantastic !!! I am glad to the Entrepreneurial spirit alive and well.

•••
Yes I am into it full time though not just into domaining but exploring entire arena of digital marketing...
How much is the profit out of the revenue?

•••
Congrats @rohitgoyal i just have one doubt to know. You share about yourself a lot in indian domaining groups as well. Currently i left those groups but not very long ago You used to say you hardly have any inbound sales and that too afternic very less and rare. Your one of screenshot also had posted revealed same. Now here you claim 14.5k sales from afternic in one year. So it raises doubts. Can you kindly share the screenshot of your afternic dashboard to prove your claim of 14.5k sales in 1 year?

•••
Congrats @rohitgoyal i just have one doubt to know. You share about yourself a lot in indian domaining groups as well. Currently i left those groups but not very long ago You used to say you hardly have any inbound sales and that too afternic very less and rare. Your one of screenshot also had posted revealed same. Now here you claim 14.5k sales from afternic in one year. So it raises doubts. Can you kindly share the screenshot of your afternic dashboard to prove your claim of 14.5k sales in 1 year?

IMO, you're insulting a reputable member. Also he doesn't need to tell all this publicly and can enjoy what he's doing. But the only purpose of sharing is so others can get motivated, learn and start making money as well by following his business experience and tips he openly share.

•••
IMO, you're insulting a reputable member. Also he doesn't need to tell all this publicly and can enjoy what he's doing. But the only purpose of sharing is so others can get motivated, learn and start making money as well by following his business experience and tips he openly share.
I disagree my intention is not like that. I apologise in advance to OP if its coming out in that way. But i have seen OP sharing about his sales and that how inbound sales specially from afternic is very rare for him so i just wanted to make sure that right info is provided thats why i asked for the proof. If he shares it then he will be reputable for me. Till now I have my reasons to doubt it. As for OP sharing other tips here. I agree about that. I have even appreciated it but here i have a doubt so i posted it. You can simply disagree with me.

•••
I disagree my intention is not like that. I apologise in advance to OP if its coming out in that way. But i have seen OP sharing about his sales and that how inbound sales specially from afternic is very rare for him so i just wanted to make sure that right info is provided thats why i asked for the proof. If he shares it then he will be reputable for me. Till now I have my reasons to doubt it. As for OP sharing other tips here. I agree about that. I have even appreciated it but here i have a doubt so i posted it. You can simply disagree with me.

The only time you raise such doubts when you've trust issues with the other party. It's better to either ignore or ask privately rather than disrespecting in public forum. There are assigned places like DnJournal who verifies each and every sale before publishing it where we need to provide the proof and that's not an insult as that's the norm for getting your sales published. But here Rohit is simply giving out everything without asking a dime.

This is one of the reason I see many genuine members shy away from sharing their experiences which could definitely be helpful to others because they'll get insulted in one way or the other at one stage which is totally unfair.

I don't see it's obligatory for @rohitgoyal to provide any proof in this thread.

•••
The only time you raise such doubts when you've trust issues with the other party. It's better to either ignore or ask privately rather than disrespecting in public forum. There are assigned places like DnJournal who verifies each and every sale before publishing it where we need to provide the proof and that's not an insult as that's the norm for getting your sales published. But here Rohit is simply giving out everything without asking a dime.

This is one of the reason I see many genuine members shy away from sharing their experiences which could definitely be helpful to others because they'll get insulted in one way or the other at one stage which is totally unfair.

I don't see it's obligatory for @rohitgoyal to provide any proof in this thread.

I feel you are taking this into completely different direction. I believe if one can post so much about sales then there should not be problem to share single screenshot of dashboard when doubt is raised. It is helpful if this is right but Such wrong info can also misguide many here. Also i'm surprised this is coming from you as you are the one who always asks to not only provide info but also to reveal domains and dislike to the ones who don't :xf.grin: anyways lets just agree to disagree.

•••
I feel you are taking this into completely different direction. I believe if one can post so much about sales then there should not be problem to share single screenshot of dashboard when doubt is raised. It is helpful if this is right but Such wrong info can also misguide many here. Also i'm surprised this is coming from you as you are the one who always asks to not only provide info but also to reveal domains and dislike to the ones who don't :xf.grin: anyways lets just agree to disagree.

You're right that I do ask everyone to provide info and reveal domains and dislike to the one's who don't but that forum is different where it's must to provide. Also that forum is where the sale price is revealed, purchase price, acquisition date but only the domain name is hidden whereas in this thread, OP has not disclosed any sale price but he spoke out generally. So mixing these 2 things doesn't make sense... at least to me...

This thread is totally different and OP has full right not to disclose that.

Anyhow, let's leave up to the OP to decide how he takes it.

Last edited:
•••
But i have seen OP sharing about his sales and that how inbound sales specially from afternic is very rare for him so i just wanted to make sure that right info is provided thats why i asked for the proof.
Total revenue 178k
Afternic 14,5k

Afternic is 8% of his total sales.
He's right to say afternic is rare.

You used to say you hardly have any inbound sales and that too afternic very less and rare.

If you are wondering why Paypal is 2/3 of his sales and people are not buying through afternic's partner websites.
Maybe his process is good at engaging buyers, so they trust him.
Maybe he's also giving them PayPal discounts to avoid 20% afternic commission.

•••
Thanks for sharing this info

•••
Congratulations for your good work rohitgoyal!! You has clearly found your path to success in domaining, and hoping you have also lots of success in your new projects!!

Last edited:
•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Could you share some developed blog ang geo domains you mentioned?
What percentage of mentioned revenue is from domaining?
Where do you search for affiliate programs for developed sites?

Last edited:
•••
@rohitgoyal Thank you for sharing some details of your success strategy, and congratulations! I'm curious if in all those Paypal transactions, have you ever had any problems with fraud or charge backs? I've read some recommendations to limit the use of Paypal to lower priced sales and to use Escrow or a broker for higher priced sales. Can you please advise on this?

•••
Hi All,

2019 comes to an end so let me share the outcome for the year for me..

Domaining Journey started in 2017 with $300 initial investment..

2019:-

Total revenue:- $178k

Platform :-
Undeveloped;- $45k
Afternic :- $14.5
PayPal:- $118k

Outbound sale :- $155k
Inbound sale :- $23k

Developed 3 domains into long term blogs .. 1 each in legal , home services , education with approx 150 well researched article each..
Developed 300 geo domains into landing page with 1 article each..

Presently have 8k domains and 15 member team..

Target for 2020..

1.Start with premium domains
2. Focus more on development of unsold domains
3. Actively explore affiliates for domains
4. 5x revenue from domaining
5. Explore tieup and setting up more offices..

Happy new year guys...
Cheers
Rohit....Congrats! We should talk. Why? We have a lot in common, and I "think" I can help you, and I "know" you can help me. I make it my business to shake things up like you're doing in the domain industry. I'll be headed to meet with executive leaders of the NFIB (National Federation of Independent Business) and NSBA (National Small Business Association) by 2nd quarter of 2020.Between these two associations they represent hundreds of thousands of small businesses that need your domains and mine. Like you, I hand reg all .com domains, and after wasting a year (2018) of screwing around with mostly new gTLD's I've converted my portfolio to 90% plus .com's (in 2019). Also like you, I'm only renewing 5-10% of my domains. In 2019 I came close to breaking even, but for 2020 with a little help from India I intend to KICK ASS:xf.wink: Cheers and Happy New Year(y)

•••
@rohitgoyal

thank you for sharing

Rohit is a great and very supportive guy.

there is no need for you to trust him
if you don't like it

I trust him.

All the best Rohit.

•••

You are dissulional and your own words prove so... There is a very thin line between marketing and spamming and similarly there is very thin line between being curious and being offensive.

You are free to assume whatever you wish to and i dont really mind that..

•••

Bang on @AbdulBasit.com , you nailed it. I know plenty of guys who are doing amazing work in domaining but never share anything out here for the same reason.

Anyways i have been a regular follower of your post and wish you a great success in 2020.

•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Could you share some developed blog ang geo domains you mentioned?
What percentage of mentioned revenue is from domaining?
Where do you search for affiliate programs for developed sites?

To be honest i am presently exploring and experimenting with affiliate so wont be in a position to share anything right now.

Would soon come out with a detailed post if my experiment works.

•••
Total revenue 178k
Afternic 14,5k

Afternic is 8% of his total sales.
He's right to say afternic is rare.

If you are wondering why Paypal is 2/3 of his sales and people are not buying through afternic's partner websites.
Maybe his process is good at engaging buyers, so they trust him.
Maybe he's also giving them PayPal discounts to avoid 20% afternic commission.

You nailed it bro. There are people who wanna learn and explore new things and avenues and they dont really bother about asking unnecessary questions. For the rest , they always keep asking unnecessary questions rather than trying to learn and improve their own game.
Cheers

•••
You're right that I do ask everyone to provide info and reveal domains and dislike to the one's who don't but that forum is different where it's must to provide. Also that forum is where the sale price is revealed, purchase price, acquisition date but only the domain name is hidden whereas in this thread, OP has not disclosed any sale price but he spoke out generally. So mixing these 2 things doesn't make sense... at least to me...

This thread is totally different and OP has full right not to disclose that.

Anyhow, let's leave up to the OP to decide how he takes it.

When i started off with domaining , there was no one to guide and support me. I did many mistakes and slowly and gradually got hold of things. I still have long way to go but i try to share as much as i can so that others dont waste their time and money like i did.

However there is always a limit as where we should draw a line and to not waste our time.

•••
Rohit....Congrats! We should talk. Why? We have a lot in common, and I "think" I can help you, and I "know" you can help me. I make it my business to shake things up like you're doing in the domain industry. I'll be headed to meet with executive leaders of the NFIB (National Federation of Independent Business) and NSBA (National Small Business Association) by 2nd quarter of 2020.Between these two associations they represent hundreds of thousands of small businesses that need your domains and mine. Like you, I hand reg all .com domains, and after wasting a year (2018) of screwing around with mostly new gTLD's I've converted my portfolio to 90% plus .com's (in 2019). Also like you, I'm only renewing 5-10% of my domains. In 2019 I came close to breaking even, but for 2020 with a little help from India I intend to KICK ASS:xf.wink: Cheers and Happy New Year(y)

You can pm me and we can discuss as what exactly you have in mind.

•••
You can pm me and we can discuss as what exactly you have in mind.
Rohit...you'll have to PM me or find my email address via my Linkedin page that's on my "information" link here on NP. Thanks

•••
Congrats @rohitgoyal. Your domaining journey is awesome and I like it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back