Dynadot

DomainHop- Do you forward, or change Name Server?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Is there any advantage to forwarding the URL vs. changing the name server config as far as it goes with Domain Hop?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am starting to use url forward so I've got more control over Meta info - But when you use their dns - there is an actual link to your domain on it Where As With forwarding , it only has a link to the "Parked" url .......

•••
Forwarding also, typically takes less time. A DNS chnage depending on the Registrar can be 24-48 hours and this also means possibly some down time. No down time with forwarding and less time to forward, so forwarding gets my vote. Another plus, if you decide to change parking you can just change the forward address, your not down again waiting for a DNS change. The link will remain up until forwarded to your new spot. Cheers.

•••
I use forwarding since it instantly re-directs the domain name to the parking page instead of changing the Nameserver because it takes at least 24 hours.

•••
changing nameservers is better i think. It loads faster

•••
Parked, that way I can play around with which service the domain performs best at without having to wait for the DNS to refresh, forwarding changes are almost instant.

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back