Dynadot

poll Domainers: How much to quit your job in 2022?

NameSilo
Watch

What do you need to earn each month to quit your job?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Nothing, I'm already rich enough

votes
    5.5%
  • Up to $500 / month or more

votes
    5.1%
  • $1000 / month or more

votes
    9.2%
  • $1500 / month or more

votes
    5.1%
  • $2000 / month or more

votes
    9.9%
  • $3000 / month or more

votes
    10.7%
  • $4000 / month or more

votes
    6.2%
  • $5000 / month or more

votes
    13.6%
  • $6000 / month or more

votes
    2.7%
  • $7000 / month or more

votes
    1.8%
  • $8000 / month or more

votes
    2.1%
  • $9000 / month or more

votes
    0.8%
  • $10000 / month or more

votes
    17.7%
  • Any amount over $11000 / month (post in comments)

votes
    9.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Simple question for part-time domainers. How much money do you need to earn from domaining in 2022 to quit your job and become a full-time domainer? (amount in American $ dollars).

Edit: Please state your country in comments (thanks @wallet2it).

entrepreneur2.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK cool down guys.
- I receive Social Security now - a couple thousand a month (So you know I am old!!!)
- I still have my regular job - I just like the job and not because I need money
- I flip houses - Buy/Sell Real Estate
- I do IT Consulting locally and on the Internet
- I buy/sell Domain names

I do these things because I like to do it and not because the money. I can quit everything and sitting at home and watch TV but that's not me.

And of course I paid too much taxes!!!

Last edited:
•••
@redemo I only pay national security + medical insurance, both very low sums.

Last edited:
•••
I dont care who pays.
Maybe what I pay it is also some kind of tax, but it is very low.
And it is not tax on income
Sleep well my beloved turtle dove!

•••
I heard US coporation, UK corporation, etc. all went bankrupt and there is no legal entity to collect income tax. (not a bad thing for people in those countries).

Income tax is just one type of tax. It is not needed, if govt needs money, it can just print it, but then this would mean inflation, and may not be accetable to other countries, and people would switch to gold and sit on it,
and this would mean deflation also. Not good for economy (economic activity).

Some people get tax return instead of paying income tax. Income tax can theoretically reduce gap between poor and rich, but there are other ways of doing it (print money and give to poor, but then how do you decide who is poor). And richest people know how to pay no income taxes.

(not an expert,.. just some logic, and some rumors, may be wrong)

Would rich people buy domains to reduce taxes they have to pay (because it is an expense)?

Last edited:
•••
Would rich people buy domains to reduce taxes they have to pay (because it is an expense)?
Are domain names a deductible expense? I didn't know that. Would you have to prove business usage or just ownership?

Last edited:
•••
Are domain names a deductible expense? I didn't know that.
sometimes people use domains to whiten illegal money.
I saw a few XXXXX sales of the domain name in Russian but the phrase (domain name) had no sense, I mean I didn't find there any value.. Well, if you want to whiten your illegal money, you always can buy or sell a domain.. any domain... just hand reg and sell it to the person you want to transfer money..

•••
sometimes people use domains to whiten illegal money.
I saw a few XXXXX sales of the domain name in Russian but the phrase (domain name) had no sense, I mean I didn't find there any value.. Well, if you want to whiten your illegal money, you always can buy or sell a domain.. any domain... just hand reg and sell it to the person you want to transfer money..
That what I believe in those fake sales too....you sell to your buddy and tell the world that it is $100million sale and your buddy pays you back.... just like nft digital arts...just to get more attention.
Usually, in the arts world, the buyers and sellers know each other- just passing the transactions to get more attention.

Last edited:
•••
I live in India and need around $6000 monthly to match my current salary

•••
This is far above the average median salary for India. Do you live a very flamboyant lifestyle? Would you be willing to make any lifestyle changes which result in cutting expenses in order to become a full-time domainer in 2022?

•••
This is far above the average median salary for India. Do you live a very flamboyant lifestyle? Would you be willing to make any lifestyle changes which result in cutting expenses in order to become a full-time domainer in 2022?
He is getting $6000 a month. WHy should he quit it and make less?

Also India is a very different beast and you can't understand it unless you actually live in India. There is constant debate among the woke crowd regarding the definition of middle class.
You can have your own driver/chauffeur for around 300 usd a month, so it is his Salary. WHile you could be an engineering manager making 5K usd a month. SO the median salary is very skewed, specially with a population of over a Billion Indians and 500 Million under 25 Years of age.

An engg undergrad and his manager could have a 10X difference in salary and so on, so it is different.
Also many Indian who work online make High 5 to 6 figures while struggle to make $1000.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see anything wrong with making more money. And I also don’t understand why quit my job in order to get less.

•••
•••
That is a lot of money, to most people (including the UK, US...)

Regardless, the question: How much to quit your job. Well...jbssfhsbfsfblsihbr;sovsliuohhitbusrehbtsiubtjhw40nd birtgr9wp0hewvter0nfps erw80[hewb9wt0emefwnebtw39p8h04[9-jr[wt45nbtgpf[nq4m]4q2r-hw34803[-rnw3 4prb3wp40r[-4q3hbrv4rb[0q4-29hrq3vt-34[

That's my answer now. The way its been articulated above, it means "depends"

Last edited:
•••
Some people want to keep going, and don't quit, even if they could (as @johnn stated). Maybe its the difference between the curious, optimistic, entrepreneurial type that gets off his arse in the morning, and does stuff...compared to someone that doesn't care, has the money...and f*** it. Who are you as a person. Such a question will never get a definitive answer

•••
Some people want to keep going, and don't quit, even if they could (as @johnn stated). Maybe its the difference between the curious, optimistic, entrepreneurial type that gets off his arse in the morning, and does stuff...compared to someone that doesn't care, has the money...and f*** it. Who are you as a person. Such a question will never get a definitive answer
So would you quit your job and become a full-time domainer if you could consistently earn $ 10000 / month? That's a fairly simple question which requires a fairly simple answer. Yes or no?

•••
So would you quit your job and become a full-time domainer if you could consistently earn $ 10000 / month? That's a fairly simple question which requires a fairly simple answer. Yes or no?
What I would say is if this was a totally nailed down / guaranteed salary for me, of course I would. Today, I don't need domaining to maintain the lifestyle that I need, and I think I'm glad about that. If you rely on this thing to maintain your lifestyle and your bills etc...that's a world of pain, for most people. If I HAD to rely on this, and the money I'm getting every month isn't nailed down (because it isn't always this $10k per month thing, it differs), I don't think I'd survive. You need a budget for this thing, to take it seriously, if this is your absolute sole income, which is dictated by others "maybe" buying your stuff...it sucks. The electricity bill people aren't waiting on you, they need their money at the end of the month to keep the lights on (that includes your internet), not when this sells or that sells. You better be a damn good domainer, with a damn good bandwagon of domains on the regular, or have something figured out. Money isn't coming in "every" month in this business. If anything, someone doing this seriously needs cash in the bank to cover things, for sure...you need that luxury. IMO

Last edited:
•••
What I would say is if this was a totally nailed down / guaranteed salary for me, of course I would. Today, I don't need domaining to maintain the lifestyle that I need, and I think I'm glad about that. If you rely on this thing to maintain your lifestyle and your bills etc...that's a world of pain, for most people. If I HAD to rely on this, and the money I'm getting every month isn't nailed down (because it isn't always this $10k per month thing, it differs), I don't think I'd survive. You need a budget for this thing, to take it seriously, if this is your absolute sole income, which is dictated by others "maybe" buying your stuff...it sucks. The electricity bill people aren't waiting on you, they need their money at the end of the month to keep the lights on (that includes your internet), not when this sells or that sells. You better be a damn good domainer, with a damn good bandwagon of domains on the regular, or have something figured out. Money isn't coming in "every" month in this business. If anything, someone doing this seriously needs cash in the bank to cover things, for sure...you need that luxury. IMO
Crucial question do you see being a domainer as only selling domain names, not any other form of domain name monetisation? Because if your answer to that question is yes then I think getting to $10000 / month is almost (but not totally) impossible in well over 99,9 % of cases. Meaning one out of one thousand domainers who attempt it will succeed in reaching this income level. Through selling domain names alone.

Last edited:
•••
Crucial question do you see being a domainer as only selling domain names, not any other form of domain name monetisation? Because if your answer to that question is yes then I think getting to $10000 / month is almost (but not totally) impossible in well over 99,9 % of cases. Meaning one out of one thousand domainers who attempt it will succeed in reaching this income level. Through selling domain names alone.
By my definition, if you own a domain name, or profit from domain names, you're a domainer. Whether you sell it, monetize, or whatever it may be. If you're someone that has monetized your domain, making it a site / business...that's totally different. Good for those people that can do that, and pull in regular income for themselves. In fact, that is the smart way to do domaining, than selling off the names, if you do indeed have names with good potential

Last edited:
•••
This is basically asking how much cash do we want in life to sustain happiness, about 2.2k a month and I'm feeling pretty comfortable, I could even do with a little less if need be, considering if I'd be selling domains I could just work from home and not spend gas money or extra on lunch type foods.

Maybe someday soon :)

•••
OK cool down guys.
- I receive Social Security now - a couple thousand a month (So you know I am old!!!)
- I still have my regular job - I just like the job and not because I need money
- I flip houses - Buy/Sell Real Estate
- I do IT Consulting locally and on the Internet
- I buy/sell Domain names

I do these things because I like to do it and not because the money. I can quit everything and sitting at home and watch TV but that's not me.

And of course I paid too much taxes!!!

Doing everything possible to spend as little time as possible with the wife. She's a lucky one. Seriously, Most men your age become a pain in the neck.

•••
Doing everything possible to spend as little time as possible with the wife. She's a lucky one. Seriously, Most men your age become a pain in the neck.
I don't have much choices. I have to be in bed with her every night.

•••
•••
I don't have much choices. I have to be in bed with her every night.
Write in the notebook...
Purpouse for 2022: Change wife.

•••
•••
Do you 50 peeps who voted $ 10000 or more have plan to earn this? Without a plan it's just a pipe dream. With a plan you can take steps toward making it become a reality.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back