IT.COM

poll Domainers: How much to quit your job in 2022?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What do you need to earn each month to quit your job?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Nothing, I'm already rich enough

votes
    5.5%
  • Up to $500 / month or more

votes
    5.1%
  • $1000 / month or more

votes
    9.2%
  • $1500 / month or more

votes
    5.1%
  • $2000 / month or more

votes
    9.9%
  • $3000 / month or more

votes
    10.7%
  • $4000 / month or more

votes
    6.2%
  • $5000 / month or more

votes
    13.6%
  • $6000 / month or more

votes
    2.7%
  • $7000 / month or more

votes
    1.8%
  • $8000 / month or more

votes
    2.1%
  • $9000 / month or more

votes
    0.8%
  • $10000 / month or more

votes
    17.7%
  • Any amount over $11000 / month (post in comments)

votes
    9.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Simple question for part-time domainers. How much money do you need to earn from domaining in 2022 to quit your job and become a full-time domainer? (amount in American $ dollars).

Edit: Please state your country in comments (thanks @wallet2it).

entrepreneur2.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, thank you. I am having to put in a lot of catch up hours getting everything listed and priced. I have already accomplished more in 2-3 weeks than I was able to during my "busy" season. Currently through my "Ds" on Dan. My head almost exploded today. But then I regged fluronae.com simply out of spite, and then wallowed in my joy.
One hour of actual work beats twenty hours of sort of work, every time.

•••
I maintain the same view as most of the answers.

Being able to work full time depends on your industry influence rather than net profit, although they remain closely linked.

It may be possible to scale up to increase steady cash returns, but that doesn't mean it should be possible as a full time job. To me, it's like running a local restaurant; you can be the full-time owner and you can take time off to do other things.

•••
Being able to work full time depends on your industry influence rather than net profit
I don't have any industry influence but I make some nice profits.

•••
•••
As an entrepreneur, regardless of what you make, you'll always be tinkering with things (a new business, idea or piece of inspiration that gets you up in the morning). The amount you made last month doesn't really counter that. From what I see at NamePros, I reckon a lot of people are on that wave length. To even think "I'm going to buy some domain names"...you're a bit of a weirdo, and I like that. IMO

Last edited:
•••
To even think "I'm going to buy some domain names"...you're a bit of a weirdo, and I like that.
I like that you like that. From one weirdo to another.

•••
So after 100 votes it's a tie between $ 3000 or more and $ 10000 or more. Guessing the $ 10000 or more voters are mostly living in north America, and the $ 3000 or more voters are mostly living in Europe. Just a wild stab in the dark.

•••
So after 100 votes it's a tie between $ 3000 or more and $ 10000 or more. Guessing the $ 10000 or more voters are mostly living in north America, and the $ 3000 or more voters are mostly living in Europe. Just a wild stab in the dark.
Those that did genuinely vote $10k or more are not the average. The trolls are taking up a good chunk of that vote, and that's ok...everyone needs a giggle

Last edited:
•••
Thought to chime in on this before but didn't. The reason I chose the >10k is because, for one, I enjoy running my lawn care business, and secondly, it would take years and tons of luck to surpass that income. I, however, can absolutely understand why anyone would want to supplant their j.o.b. income. I thank the good Lord everyday that my employee days are behind me; I was terrible at it.

•••
•••
Yes, I agree.

re: FT: Bread and butter are good; stale bread and yucky butter are not.

•••
The question is not clear.
Let's define the main point - everyone here has a job + extra income.
Someones have domaining as their principal income source, so, let's say this is their job and that's means they have no extra income source.

So, what is the question?
Quite a job and live traveling getting stable passive monthly income from something?
Or quit from the main job and live only from domaining?

But for someones from here, domaining is a job, so if they quit, they will lose income.

Or the question is - Would you quit from all your jobs, works, businesses, etc, getting a stable monthly income of XXXX amount?

Last 3 years I have from 8k to 10k monthly income, but I must work at least a few hours online, but I would quit if I could get 3k monthly. But only if I will be sure I will get those 3k every month for always.

•••
The question is not clear.
Let's define the main point - everyone here has a job + extra income.
Someones have domaining as their principal income source, so, let's say this is their job and that's means they have no extra income source.

So, what is the question?
Quite a job and live traveling getting stable passive monthly income from something?
Or quit from the main job and live only from domaining?

But for someones from here, domaining is a job, so if they quit, they will lose income.

Or the question is - Would you quit from all your jobs, works, businesses, etc, getting a stable monthly income of XXXX amount?

Last 3 years I have from 8k to 10k monthly income, but I must work at least a few hours online, but I would quit if I could get 3k monthly. But only if I will be sure I will get those 3k every month for always.
Quite a simple question. How much money do you need monthly right now to quit your job and become a full-time domainer? The answer for me is $ 4000 gross and $ 3000 net. Earning that amount for three months consistently I can quit my job and become a full-time domainer. But if my earnings drop below that threshold I can do contract work to make up the shortfall. More shortfall more contract work, less ( or no ) shortfall less ( or no ) contract work. The key is to have and to develop your own system that works and keep on refreshing it so you stay one step ahead of the game. Forever. Until you retire or die.

Last edited:
•••
I have an excellent full time job that I'm happy with, and I do not take that for granted. It's hard work, the pay doesn't make me rich but it keeps me feeling ALIVE and in TOUCH with the real world. There is no way to truly keep your finger on the pulse of your city and your people behind a desk monitor or buried in a phone. Physically and mentally, even during the pandemic, it's important to breathe and not lose our sense of natural freedoms and movements. My job gives me this, and am eternally grateful for it.

I have often joked to my employer that if a calamity were to come where I couldn't get paid, I would volunteer.

So my answer isn't on the list, but it is this:

- Domaining cannot buy my job away, I would have to be dragged away kicking and screaming.

•••
Quite a simple question. How much money do you need monthly right now to quit your job and become a full-time domainer? The answer for me is $ 4000 gross and $ 3000 net. Earning that amount for three months consistently I can quit my job and become a full-time domainer. But if my earnings drop below that threshold I can do contract work to make up the shortfall. More shortfall more contract work, less ( or no ) shortfall less ( or no ) contract work. The key is to have and to develop your own system that works and keep on refreshing it so you stay one step ahead of the game. Forever. Until you retire or die.
domaining is also a job.
the question must be "how much do you need monthly to quit all kinds of jobs and start living from your passive income?"
so I need 3000 monthly... better more, but at least 3000 monthly forever

Last edited:
•••
domaining is also a job.
the question must be "how much do you need monthly to quit all kinds of jobs and start living from your passive income?"
so I need 3000 monthly... better more, but at least 3000 monthly forever
$ 3000 gross or net? There's a difference. If you are self-employed please make sure your accounting books are in order. You need to set aside these funds from your revenue payments so that at the end of the year you are not caught short. Please don't forget this. Speak to a business development manager in your region or a certified accountant. People's opinions on Namepros are all good and well but you must obtain professional guidance. Very important.

•••
$ 3000 gross or net? There's a difference. If you are self-employed please make sure your accounting books are in order. You need to set aside these funds from your revenue payments so that at the end of the year you are not caught short. Please don't forget this. Speak to a business development manager in your region or a certified accountant. People's opinions on Namepros are all good and well but you must obtain professional guidance. Very important.
I told already if I get 3k monthly forever, it will be enough for me for stop working. And I mean all kinds of jobs - domaining, websites, etc..
If I say 3k, I mean 3k netto and I dont mean paying from there tax etc.
You asked how much and I told 3k.
Accountant charges 80-150 eur monthly, not big deal to pay.
But the question was how much I need and I answered clearly fixed 3k FOREVER

Last edited:
•••
But the question was how much I need and I answered clearly fixed 3k FOREVER
So you need $ 4000 gross in order to receive $ 3000 net. That's what I thought.

•••
So you need $ 4000 gross in order to receive $ 3000 net. That's what I thought.
Ok, but I think the right answer must be 3k, there was nothing about tax, accountants, and other boring things..
Your logic is very weird, you ask about quitting a job but later results you mean staying in the domaining industry, which is also a job.
Then you ask about the monthly amount of income, and when I tell you 3k, you remind me about tax and the rest...

•••
Ok, but I think the right answer must be 3k, there was nothing about tax, accountants, and other boring things..
Your logic is very weird, you ask about quitting a job but later results you mean staying in the domaining industry, which is also a job.
Then you ask about the monthly amount of income, and when I tell you 3k, you remind me about tax and the rest...
Don't you pay taxes?

•••
•••
•••
•••
You are idiot..
Not in every country pay tax
Ok you don't pay tax. Who pays for police, fire, ambulance, doctor, army, schools, universities, rubbish collection, street lighting, tree cutting, lawn mowing, sewage, drinking water. I think really you are paying taxes or you live in a tent in the mountains. @maya-zir the mountain domainer. Has quite a ring to it.

Last edited:
•••
Ok you don't pay tax. Who pays for police, fire, ambulance, doctor, army, schools, universities, rubbish collection, street lighting, tree cutting, lawn mowing, sewage, drinking water. I think really you are paying taxes or you live in a tent in the mountains. @maya-zir the mountain domainer. Has quite a ring to it.
I dont care who pays.
Maybe what I pay it is also some kind of tax, but it is very low.
And it is not tax on income

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back