Dynadot

discuss [Resolved] Domainer Loses $26k On A Stolen Domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Darn! Another scam and this time it is an experienced domainer James Booth.

James must have thought he was making a sound acquisition as he transferred approximately 26k to escrow for CQD.com. Instead, after completing the escrow, the domain was taken from his account by the registrar without notification and returned to the "true" owner.

Turns out the person that sold him the domain CQD.com, may not have been the true owner.

Apparently this incident involves several parties including the registrar and the escrow.

Thanks to Theo over at DomainGang for the tip on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i just want my domain back. i am the rightful and honest owner.

apologies, I understand your frustration but that is of no good. please provide facts.
there is above a question for you.

•••
i just want my domain back. i am the rightful and honest owner.
@spoiltrider

Who told you a man in LA cashed a check from Escrow.com?

Did you save the message you said you received from James in the middle of the night?

•••
@spoiltrider

Who told you a man in LA cashed a check from Escrow.com?

Did you save the message you said you received from James in the middle of the night?

re cashed check: it was a phone call conversation, with a female person, at escrow.com.

the voice message that booth left in my vm at 2AM Florida time , got deleted by accident, by me.
at 2am my phone is on DND (do not disturb) so unless you are in my favorites list, i won't hear the phone ring or make a sound from 9PM-7AM.
@spoiltrider have you made any law enforcement progress? (like a case number being assigned by law enforcement, don’t post it anything though) any responses from law enforcement authorities after reporting this? Who exactly emailed you the first screenshot you posted of the escrow 19k transaction? Any idea why the second screenshot posted had a different email address on it?

have you made any law enforcement progress? (like a case number being assigned by law enforcement, don’t post it anything though)
yes i have a case number with my local police authorities and my report of the stolen domain.
yes, i confirmed receipt of my complaint to the FBI
yes i have emails from ICANN and Versign. ICANN has gone silent. Verisign not helpful.
yes i have reports and responses from FCC
yes i have been in close contact with my contact at network solutions/web.com - very attainable but very neutral at the same time. they are protecting themselves. i am about a 50 minute drive from their office and can be at their door within an hour.

any responses from law enforcement authorities after reporting this?
truth be told, most of them don't understand any of this, but all are helping me.

Who exactly emailed you the first screenshot you posted of the escrow 19k transaction?
i am going through all my mac mail. my rjb yahoo mail and my spoiltrider gmail to find that original email to answer this question with zero quesiton. at this point there is a huge amount of paperwork i am going through for other agencies requests as well. i am working on this to confirm where it came from and exact day and time.
NOTE: mac mail is my only incoming and outgoing mail program. i do not log into yahoo or gmail or domain mail from the websites. they all run through mac mail. i had 14 emails in mac mail...until now ...i have 15 now since i had to create my @comquestdesign.com email....only 1 of my emails is IMAP to my handhelds, it is/was not @cqd.com. only my real estate emails come through that domain and pointer domain to my handhelds. so any email i sent out was from my mac computer, mac mail) i can prove what a real email from [email protected] would look like for years and years. i have pulled one from
Any idea why the second screenshot posted had a different email address on it?
sorry, what screen shot with what different email address?

this is what a email from me looks like from cqd.com in response to a rejected offer:

Subject: Re: cqd.com
From Myles
To CQD
Date 2017-08-23 10:37

roundcube

Message Body

how much you asking?

On 8/23/17 3:44 PM, CQD wrote:no thanks.
not at that offer.
its worth _so_ much more than that.

Rebecca Burns. Owner/Creative
ComQuest Designs
Gaphic Solutions for Technical Problems
352-870-5272 (Gainesville)
904-615-6582 (St. Augustine)

On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Myles <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Hi,

Would you be interested in selling cqd.com <http://cqd.com>? Would you take $3,000 USD for it?

Thanks,
Myles

please see the screen shot i took today from my startogic account. i no longer have access to my cqd.com emails in mac mail. they all disappeared when my domain was taken away from me.

this email came to me on 8/23/17
i responded that same day.
please note my SIGNATURE format and NO (real esate) PIC USED!!

i do not know who Myles is and i never heard from him again.
and the next email into my account was another offer"

cqd.com
From Merchadn
To becky
Reply-To [email protected]
Date 2017-08-23 16:07
Priority Normal

roundcube

Message Body

Hello.

I want to purchase cqd.com. How much would you sell it for?

Kind regards,

Jacob

who i responded to at $125k (see attached screenshot of my response to "Merchandn"
again, NOTE MY SIGNATURE!!!!!
and how i type. my grammer. no pic...etc etc.

these emails are dated and timed:

why do the emails with Jack, Jake, [email protected] ... NOT look like these?
because i didn't write them.

BTW, what is my new phone number now? the one that the seller said changed and that the registrar was updating it to within 72 hours??? and who is myles and merchadn?

Attachments

• Myles 8:23:17 offer Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.05.07 PM.jpg
    Myles 8:23:17 offer Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.05.07 PM.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Merchandt Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.17.24 PM.jpg
    Merchandt Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.17.24 PM.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 100
  • myles and merchandt.jpg
    myles and merchandt.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
•••
re cashed check: it was a phone call conversation, with a female person, at escrow.com.

the voice message that booth left in my vm at 2AM Florida time , got deleted by accident, by me.
at 2am my phone is on DND (do not disturb) so unless you are in my favorites list, i won't hear the phone ring or make a sound from 9PM-7AM.

have you made any law enforcement progress? (like a case number being assigned by law enforcement, don’t post it anything though)
yes i have a case number with my local police authorities and my report of the stolen domain.
yes, i confirmed receipt of my complaint to the FBI
yes i have emails from ICANN and Versign. ICANN has gone silent. Verisign not helpful.
yes i have reports and responses from FCC
yes i have been in close contact with my contact at network solutions/web.com - very attainable but very neutral at the same time. they are protecting themselves. i am about a 50 minute drive from their office and can be at their door within an hour.

any responses from law enforcement authorities after reporting this?
truth be told, most of them don't understand any of this, but all are helping me.

Who exactly emailed you the first screenshot you posted of the escrow 19k transaction?
i am going through all my mac mail. my rjb yahoo mail and my spoiltrider gmail to find that original email to answer this question with zero quesiton. at this point there is a huge amount of paperwork i am going through for other agencies requests as well. i am working on this to confirm where it came from and exact day and time.
NOTE: mac mail is my only incoming and outgoing mail program. i do not log into yahoo or gmail or domain mail from the websites. they all run through mac mail. i had 14 emails in mac mail...until now ...i have 15 now since i had to create my @comquestdesign.com email....only 1 of my emails is IMAP to my handhelds, it is/was not @cqd.com. only my real estate emails come through that domain and pointer domain to my handhelds. so any email i sent out was from my mac computer, mac mail) i can prove what a real email from [email protected] would look like for years and years. i have pulled one from

this is what a email from me looks like from cqd.com in response to a rejected offer:

Subject: Re: cqd.com
From Myles
To CQD
Date 2017-08-23 10:37

roundcube

Message Body

how much you asking?

On 8/23/17 3:44 PM, CQD wrote:no thanks.
not at that offer.
its worth _so_ much more than that.

Rebecca Burns. Owner/Creative
ComQuest Designs
Gaphic Solutions for Technical Problems
352-870-5272 (Gainesville)
904-615-6582 (St. Augustine)

On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Myles <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Hi,

Would you be interested in selling cqd.com <http://cqd.com>? Would you take $3,000 USD for it?

Thanks,
Myles

please see the screen shot i took today from my startogic account. i no longer have access to my cqd.com emails in mac mail. they all disappeared when my domain was taken away from me.

this email came to me on 8/23/17
i responded that same day.
please note my SIGNATURE format and NO (real esate) PIC USED!!

i do not know who Myles is and i never heard from him again.
and the next email into my account was another offer"

cqd.com
From Merchadn
To becky
Reply-To [email protected]
Date 2017-08-23 16:07
Priority Normal

roundcube

Message Body

Hello.

I want to purchase cqd.com. How much would you sell it for?

Kind regards,

Jacob

who i responded to at $125k (see attached screenshot of my response to "Merchandn"
again, NOTE MY SIGNATURE!!!!!
and how i type. my grammer. no pic...etc etc.

these emails are dated and timed:

why do the emails with Jack, Jake, [email protected] ... NOT look like these?
because i didn't write them.

BTW, what is my new phone number now? the one that the seller said changed and that the registrar was updating it to within 72 hours??? and who is myles and merchadn?
What is the phone number from your call log that called you at 2am claiming to be James Booth?

•••
Rebecca, have you contacted a domain lawyer, if not, do so. Continuing to post now is pointless, get prepared to spend $XXXX to get the ball rolling, well worth it.

James, no fault of your own, you bought a stolen domain, give it back and save the nice lady her time and lawyer fee's. Tell me what you will have gained by forcing her to act, losing money yourself on legal fee's, dragging this out and ruining your name all to end up losing any ways.

Any decent sloth can see it was stolen, unless you have rock solid evidence you paid Rebecca, game over.
What is the phone number from your call log that called you at 2am claiming to be James Booth?

Good question, if he called it would show.

•••
Excellent, glad you have a case number and ongoing work with agencies. I believe you might also contact the tech dept news media (Techcrunch, etc) as well locally as this is good story and perhaps online news websites with a news release listing the details as you can get an tech industry investigative reporter that might interested, it might move things along and expose all the mistakes made to a much wider audience.

Some of the domain blogs are not going to assist, as some of them are part of a boys club and not where you should be posting anymore, especially when as demonstrated yesterday if you read the above comments are deleted selectively months after they were posted, at least Namepros won’t do that.

There were 2 comments made on January 9th, @Grilled posted it here in the thead here yesterday, and within hours the blog owner deleted one on them according to @tonyk2000 who alerted us to that, and I confirmed the selective editing of the comment removed from 6:50pm, but the 6:48 comment remains the the one removed stated something like “I used domainiq....” ....blah, blah”.

The seller email field on both escrow.com 19k cancelled transaction screenshots posted above in this thread are different. The “CQD-JR” Was the screenshot I believe you originally posted. So the question is who is company or person sent that to you?

Finally, i do not understand why Jack/James Booth print-screen of the escrow for $19k that happened to Mike Han they provided does not match the one provided by Mike Han himself on another blog: Jack/James version shows seller as “CQD – JR. ([email protected])“ but Mike's shows “Junior ([email protected])”. So, unless the seller was still able to use the bug of Escrow before being corrected by Flippa (see my post above) it seems the print-screens have been manipulated.

Last edited:
•••
@spoiltrider

If you could check and see what the telephone number was that called you that night at 2am. Probably not hard to find being the middle of the night.

Not sure how a woman at escrow.com would know that a man in los angeles cashed their check. And surprising they didn't tell you who the check was made out to. They would tell you what the person looked like that cashed the check but not who the payee was? Please try to remember who the payee was.

In order to have a business account here in LA, you need a business license or DBA.

•••
James, no fault of your own, you bought a stolen domain, give it back and save the nice lady her time and lawyer fee's.

I am also wondering would it be possible for a Florida court to decide that the current registrant (mr. Booth) should pay lawyer fees spent by Rebecca? In addition to an obvious decision, directed to NetSol, that the the domain name should be returned?

Last edited:
•••
OMG! WHAT IS THIS?

Subject: Your New Mailbox is Ready to Go!
Date: 2017-10-04 20:27
To: [email protected]

i just thought to go into my [email protected] email on startlogic server to see if i could find anything....and look at what i found... more trails.

see uploaded screen shots. you can see the junk mail that comes into that account. i have nothing to hide!

reminder: [email protected] is forwarded to [email protected] which both were forwarded to [email protected]

wed. october 4 2017
20:27 (8:27PM)
not me!

what is this?

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 2017-10-04 20:27
To: [email protected]

Congratulations! Your new mailbox is ready to go!

We understand that email is an important part of your online
presence. That is why we want to help you get the most of your email
experience. Click on one of the links below to learn more:

Introduction to Roundcube [1]
Roundcube is our top webmail solution to help you manage your email. You
can check messages, write email, and manage various aspects of your
webmail experience through Roundcube's online interface.

How do I connect to my mailbox to an email client or mobile device? [2]
Learn how to connect your email to your mobile device or an email
client.

Can I add a forward to an existing mailbox? [3]
Yes! Learn how to forward your email to a different mailbox, or how to
create a Forward-Only email address.

Still Need Help? [4]
Visit our Support Center to browse and search for more helpful articles.

Links:
------
[1] https://www.startlogic.com/help/article/roundcube-introduction
[2] https://www.startlogic.com/help/article/email-client-setup
[3] https://www.startlogic.com/help/article/email-management-how-to-add-a-forward-to-a-mailbox
[4] https://www.startlogic.com/help

Attachments

• new mailbox? Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.31.46 PM.jpg
    new mailbox? Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.31.46 PM.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 83
  • becky_cqd1_if -Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.45.45 PM.jpg
    becky_cqd1_if -Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 3.45.45 PM.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 86
•••
I am also wondering would it be possible for a Florida court to order that the current registrant (mr. Booth) should pay lawyer fees spent by Rebecca? In addition to an obvious decision, directed to NetSol, that the the domain name should be returned?

It’s a felony to hold stolen property, and if a district attorney confirms that the property is stolen it is a felony and files that, then Rebecca presses charges, it can be reported to interpol will certainly be a wake up call. Any passport control officer sees that in the computer... Attorneys fee’s can be awarded, but difficult to collect from anyone even if they live next door.

@spoiltrider , you must get the district attorney to file charges of stolen property. That seems to be the only way, chasing after the thief doesn’t move your case forward for you, thats good information though.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure how a woman at escrow.com would know that a man in los angeles cashed their check. And surprising they didn't tell you who the check was made out to. They would tell you what the person looked like that cashed the check but not who the payee was? Please try to remember who the payee was.

@spoiltrider To echo what David said above, it would be terrific if you could get more info from Escrow.com if you do not already have it, as to what exact bank branch name and city the check was cashed at so we can follow the money! This is really important and where a financial recovery or arrest warrant would need to start. Please press Escrow for as much financial information about the $25K check as possible and share it with us please! Thanks!

•••
OMG! WHAT IS THIS?

On a spot view, looks to be a system-generated message(s) from the hosting company. Nothing wrong by itself. You might want to call the hosting company and ask - were there any upgrades or what might cause these emails if you had all set long ago

•••
It also doesn't make any legal sense for Escrow to say that you weren't a party to the transaction so they can't share that information with you, but then say they wrote a check for 25K to you, on your ID, that was cashed in California? They can't have it both ways. Demand all the payment information from Escrow! For both transactions not just the 19K one, which was refunded, but the 25K one from James Booth. My first subpoena would be the financial records from Escrow. This is where all the other subpoena's will emanate from! It will also reveal the email address of the payee that James refuses to share with us here!

Last edited:
•••
It also doesn't make any legal sense for Escrow to say that you weren't a party to the transaction so they can't share that information with you, but then say they wrote a check for 25K to you, on your ID, that was cashed in California? They can't have it both ways. Demand all the payment information from Escrow! For both transactions not just the 19K one, which was refunded, but the 25K one from James Booth. My first subpoena would be the financial records from Escrow. This is where all the other subpoena's will emanate from!

"but then say they wrote a check for 25K to you, on your ID, that was cashed in California? "
i don't know whose name it was written out to. i never saw or endorsed a check from them, ever.

•••
i don't know whose name it was written out to. i never saw or endorsed a check from them, ever.

I know that, but that is the most important piece of this puzzle right now! Get that info!

•••
"but then say they wrote a check for 25K to you, on your ID, that was cashed in California? "
It sounds strange that a person from Escrow.com would tell you a male in Los Angeles cashed a check.

Did you get the womans name at Escrow that told you that?

Any luck with your call log on the 2am call?

•••
Some of the domain blogs are not going to assist, as some of them are part of a boys club

"boys club" - well said :)

I believe you might also contact the tech dept news media (Techcrunch, etc) as well

@spoiltrider if you do this - would be an excellent idea. Just make sure to use "mainstream" tech media, not domaining-specific. Many domaining-specific blogs indeed would not assist, for example I think that a particular blog running radio shows may not help, etc., etc.
Better press coverage (online and offline) is something you should really consider if you have time to

•••
Rebecca (@spoiltrider), Network Solutions is an entity at fault and should be subject to legal scrutiny.

Because they have taken a domain from the owner of the last 20 years (YOU) and given to a new person @BoothDomains based on faulty analysis - 3 months as it seems. And i do not need to know the content of that analysis to claim that is faulty because there is clear evidence of a breach of Rebecca/s email(s) and there is clear evidence registered on the WHOIS to show that there was abnormal behavior occurring with the domain name during the last months. So i am sorry, but I'm tired of the political correctness, and I will not grant the benefit of doubt. Network Solutions is incompetent at all levels and it is not an entity that should be trusted.

I soon will be telling another horror story about Network Solutions with a client of theirs, that should make it even more clear how absurd is their system and controls.

Also, Escrow (@Jackson Elsegood ) is starting to look bad in this picture.
There is a potentially forging of an Escrow document OR an use of a bug of Escrow platform.
While I do not expect that Escrow comes here disclosing detailed and private information of the 2 transaction they mediate over this domain name, I certainly expect that they come here clarify if there was a use of the bug that I described above and if it has been corrected and when.

Rebecca (@spoiltrider) please reply to this question:

Silentptnr said:
BoothDomains said:
BoothDomains said:
I did. The whole thing is really fishy. I called, emailed and did all the checks. It seems she told Web.com one of her employees sold the name without her authorization which is a lie.

I have all the emails from her.
I believe this.

•••
Some of the domain blogs are not going to assist, as some of them are part of a boys club and not where you should be posting anymore, especially when as demonstrated yesterday if you read the above comments are deleted selectively months after they were posted, at least Namepros won’t do that.

With all due respect, I deleted the comment that had Mr. Booth's name because he told me he did not leave the comment. The IP address did not match any other comment either (from him or anyone else). It was not deleted because of some sort of "boys club" or for any other reason than the fact that he said it was not his comment. Also, your comment about "months after they were posted" is inaccurate as the now deleted comment was written on March 28, which is about one week ago.

If a third party posted a comment on a blog using my full name, I would hope the blog owner would remove it when asked, especially if the comment was incendiary. I think others would hope for the same courtesy.

Last edited:
•••
It sounds strange that a person from Escrow.com would tell you a male in Los Angeles cashed a check.

Did you get the womans name at Escrow that told you that?

Any luck with your call log on the 2am call?

sprint has told me if a call comes in and leaves a message (i don't pick up the phone) then there will not be a log on the call. i will call again. i am also happy to post my sprint bills.
i did ask them why a slew of bethesda MD calls were on my logs, because i am not calling bethesda md!

as far as the contact with escrow.com person(s)....i am also looking at my sprint bill (since this is my ONLY voice line for years and years) to get those records too. did i get her name? yes. the day of the call. do i remember her name? hmmmmmm i can't answer that question right now. i have spoken to so many people at so many companies. my notes are everywhere. i am in a haze and have been since the dreadful news came back that legal lock had been removed from my domain with no warning, and booth took it.

the message that booth left on my cell vm was basically him asking why i was transferring my cqd.com domain back into my possession after "i" sold it to him.
well...."i" never ever sold it to him, that's why.
i am so easy to reach. phone call, text, email (when i own the domain ha!)
not rocket science here.

also, regarding my signature...i seriously doubt anyone could ever forge it (for real). if they do/did then they're really really really good.
you will never ever find my signature on any paperwork relative to the sale of my domain. ever.

•••
Rebecca (@spoiltrider), Network Solutions is an entity at fault and should be subject to legal scrutiny.

Because they have taken a domain from the owner of the last 20 years (YOU) and given to a new person @BoothDomains based on faulty analysis - 3 months as it seems. And i do not need to know the content of that analysis to claim that is faulty because there is clear evidence of a breach of Rebecca/s email(s) and there is clear evidence registered on the WHOIS to show that there was abnormal behavior occurring with the domain name during the last months. So i am sorry, but I'm tired of the political correctness, and I will not grant the benefit of doubt. Network Solutions is incompetent at all levels and it is not an entity that should be trusted.

I soon will be telling another horror story about Network Solutions with a client of theirs, that should make it even more clear how absurd is their system and controls.

Also, Escrow (@Jackson Elsegood ) is starting to look bad in this picture.
There is a potentially forging of an Escrow document OR an use of a bug of Escrow platform.
While I do not expect that Escrow comes here disclosing detailed and private information of the 2 transaction they mediate over this domain name, I certainly expect that they come here clarify if there was a use of the bug that I described above and if it has been corrected and when.

Rebecca (@spoiltrider) please reply to this question:
sorry, what is the question?

•••
On a spot view, looks to be a system-generated message(s) from the hosting company. Nothing wrong by itself. You might want to call the hosting company and ask - were there any upgrades or what might cause these emails if you had all set long ago

i found this in my startlogic webmail, [email protected] email today.
is this domainbuzz56 or a party to/of the thief?

•••
- My cellphone keeps a call log. You must be referring to a landline.
- I am surprised based on your business background that you made no written notes of the call with Escrow.
- The reason that I asked about that call from James is that he had denied making that call.

It is unfortunate that there is so much of a fog for you. It would be much easier if you were clear and sharp on the events that happened.

•••
based on faulty analysis - 3 months as it seems
I beleive they never "analysed" who should be the rightful owner - Rebecca or James. They are not supposed to do this. All what they analyzed might be the following "Oh, we incorrectly moved the domain from James back to Rebecca, as James did not authorize this". Which is technically correct. No domain movements should occur based on somebodys phone call. Was NetSol itself hacked? No. So the 1st push from an account of Rebecca to an account of James was technically correct from their point of view. Imho they simply reversed things back, which is what their 3 months investigation was about...

•••
sorry, what is the question?

[
Silentptnr said:
    [
    BoothDomains said:
        I did. The whole thing is really fishy. I called, emailed and did all the checks. It seems she told Web.com          one of her employees sold the name without her authorization which is a lie.

I have all the emails from her.
    ]
I believe this.
]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back