IT.COM

discuss [Resolved] Domainer Loses $26k On A Stolen Domain!

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Darn! Another scam and this time it is an experienced domainer James Booth.

James must have thought he was making a sound acquisition as he transferred approximately 26k to escrow for CQD.com. Instead, after completing the escrow, the domain was taken from his account by the registrar without notification and returned to the "true" owner.

Turns out the person that sold him the domain CQD.com, may not have been the true owner.

Apparently this incident involves several parties including the registrar and the escrow.

Thanks to Theo over at DomainGang for the tip on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain was sold more than once (so far we know its twice as confirmed by the buyers, could be more). Didn't go from Mr Han to James directly. Think we should take care when sharing info, its people's reputation we are dealing with.

I am sure Netsol fraud department gave the domain back to James after carrying extensive investigations. I think it is best for Rebecca and James to resolve this via qualified legal authorities.

In my opinion James is the rightful owner until proven otherwise by qualified authorities. I don't think anyone of them should be sharing more info here. If I was James I would just ignore (unwatch) this thread.

Good luck to both of them.

The World s Largest Repository of historical DNS data .png

Last edited:
•••
DNS does not mean much. Rebecca - or any owner of a domain - can change their DNS/hosting provider at any time. What matters is that she has used the domain. And this only matters since she alleges that this has had a great impact in her live, professionally and personally. Otherwise she could as well not even use the domain and just wait for an offer of her pleasing.

the DNS changes you see recently were when the domain entered expiration (pendingrenewaldeletion.com) and when the domain has been changing hands in the last 5 months, including a transfer to eName.com and then a subsequent transfer back to Network Solutions, after Mike Han had the domain on his account, by brokering the domain for a client of his for $19k through Escrow.com, but then advised the client to back off since he suspected of fraudulent activity with the domain. So he canceled the Escrow transaction and was able to recover the domain of his client because it hadn't still been disburse to the seller (allegedly an hacker/hijacker).

what i did not see explained yet is why the domain has been sent back to Network Solutions and NetSol didn't block the domain or reached Rebecca, assuming that this transfer back to NetSol was a result of a complaint to the registrars involved and that they agreed that a fraudulent transfer had occur, so they revert it back (and in that case WHO made the complaint?).

Jack (other times, Jake...) and James Booth seem to have failed in making due diligence since this previous action on the domain would have raised red flags.

I would also like to see a print screen of the Escrow transaction of James Booth/Jack with Rebeccca when they bought the domain.

Finally, i do not understand why Jack/James Booth print-screen of the escrow for $19k that happened to Mike Han they provided does not match the one provided by Mike Han himself on another blog: Jack/James version shows seller as “CQD – JR. ([email protected])“ but Mike's shows “Junior ([email protected])”. So, unless the seller was still able to use the bug of Escrow before being corrected by Flippa (see my post above) it seems the print-screens have been manipulated.

There are several lose ends and mismatches in this story.

•••
•••
The domain was sold more than once (so far we know its twice as confirmed by the buyers, could be more). Didn't go from Mr Han to James directly. Think we should take care when sharing info, its people's reputation we are dealing with.

I am sure Netsol fraud department gave the domain back to James after carrying extensive investigations. I think it is best for Rebecca and James to resolve this via qualified legal authorities.

In my opinion James is the rightful owner until proven otherwise by qualified authorities. I don't think anyone of them should be sharing more info here. If I was James I would just ignore (unwatch) this thread.

Good luck to both of them.

Show attachment 84493

don't take this personally but i totally disagree. why this should not be made public? it's a too serious matter and the rabbit has come out from his hole already.

assuming that Network Solutions had done a good diligence is ludicrous considering their poor track record in stopping domains to be stolen from their clients.

moving this under the carpet would be a poor service to the community and it would only show that there is something to hide. Yeah, I know of Miranda rights and everything each party say in this forum can and will be used against them in the "court"...

•••
Flippa? What has the story to do with them? Sorry if I missed something

sorry, meaning Freelancer. don't know why i kept calling them Flippa

•••
I made payment for $26k

The total amount paid was $25,000 plus Escrow fees.

Don't you think it's a little strange that Rebecca, the original domain owner has ZERO record of this? You claim you aren't holding stolen property, yet you refuse to provide a receipt to the person who owned this domain for the last 22 years?

I am curious to where you got the number of $19,000 from.

@BoothDomains You're kidding right? This info came from Jack K correspondence, and you were no doubt aware of this.

Your "friend" Jack K had an email conversation with the alleged hacker/thief. Care to post the email headers from that conversation?

Jack states, he tried calling, but did not receive a response.

The email subject is: CQD.com currently in escrow.

Jack states, " I am talking with somebody who claims to be you and we have entered into an agreement at escrow.com and I wanted to make sure everything is legitimate before proceeding.

Can you please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 514-880-8260?"

upload_2018-4-1_12-33-26.png

Sooo... did Rebecca ever call Jack? Was there an accent? What did she sound like? Do you have the call record? Incoming calls can easily be spoofed, just like emails. But, outgoing calls, are much harder. Meaning, to attempt to ensure a number isn't spoofed, you need to call the number, not the number call you. Cloning numbers are a differint story.

Anyways, the alleged hacker/thief states you are free to cancel the transaction if you don't feel comfortable....

...Then the alleged thief / hacker says he/she will provide you the screenshots.

upload_2018-4-1_12-45-43.png

Jack K confirms he spoke on the phone with somebody on the phone (the day prior), and to whom he have been contacting via [email protected]. As soon as he receives the screenshots, the payment will be sent to escrow.

What screenshots were requested?

The alleged hacker/thief says "he/she contacted escrow to ask if he/is is allowed to send screenshots to 3rd parties... The said it's against their policy to provide transcation details to others. So in this case, I've just hidden the buyers name and the transaction ID. Please find the screenshot attached.

upload_2018-4-1_12-52-12.png

Regarding the phone number, I changed it but my registrar said it will be updated within 72 hours...
"

So what was the phone number? Was it a Florida number? Why protect the hacker/thief by keeping this info private?

And, if Jack currently had a pending escrow with the alleged thief / hacker, wouldn't a screenshot of that be proof?

Wouldn't sending receipt of a cancelled transaction be a red flag?

The buyers name was blacked out, but it was publicly available on historical WHOIS, as it was pointed out by many members here.

I did do all the relevant due diligence.

What did Mike Han say when you contacted him via the email that was listed during the time of the cancelled transaction?

Nevins McTwisp reached out to Mike Han after he wrote (below) on DomainGang

upload_2018-4-1_13-5-26.png

Mike Han promptly responded to Nevins with the below screenshot to confirm his words:

upload_2018-4-1_13-10-2.png

who is jack?

Jack is believed to be Jack Kalfayan. But who is Jack Kalfayan?

who is jake?

Jake is likely [email protected]

upload_2018-4-1_13-13-32.png

who the hell is pretending to be me?

That's what I'm here to find out. It would be much easier if @BoothDomains would cooperate rather than be a hinderence. ie What phone numbers did Jack speak with? Did only Jack speak to her? Or did Jake? Did James speak to her? What was included in the email headers? Since James (or Jack) was the only one REALLY transacting via escrow, and because @spoiltrider was not privy to this transaction, she has no recourse to work with escrow.com. How messed up is that?

Anyways, with James' help or not, I intend to find as much details as possible about this alleged thief or hacker. I have spent sufficient time looking at everything available, and I am of the strong opinion that Rebecca (@spoiltrider) is the rightful owner of this domain as she did not sell it to James/Jack... The alleged hacker/thief allegedly sold it.

I will help prove this belief to not only Namepros, but I will work with Rebecca behind the scenes to make sure Network Solutions does a proper investigation (not a 3 month investigation, because the hack occurred before then) and in the end, it is of my opinion that Rebecca will get her domain back from Network Solutions.

Hopefully @BoothDomains will have a change of heart, and will decide help find the hacker/thief who allegedly stole his (or Jacks) money.

...a lot more to come.

Happy Easter everyone!

•••
Saying that because she seems to use a2hosting on her developed sites now.
However cqd didnt get moved to a2hosting ns at any point until long after it left her possesion.
How does startlogic nameservers come into play, if it was still in her possesion?
Lots of nameserver movement in 2016-2017

The name was a developed website June22, 2016 http://web.archive.org/web/20160622041114/http://www.cqd.com:80/

Looks the same Oct15, 2017 http://web.archive.org/web/20171005142749/http://www.cqd.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20150219213949/http://www.cqd.com:80/
The name looks the same at web.archive but the nameservers were being changed often

What does this mean
2017-08-24 Transferred to startlogic.com
2017-08-16 Transferred to pendingrenewaldeletion.com
2016-08-17 Transferred to startlogic.com
2016-08-16 Transferred to pendingrenewaldeletion.com

What nameservers were used while the name was in a developed state?
Sorry i don't have access to all the tools most of you have

Can someone post the complete nameserver movement and whois for this name again from day 1?
https://domainbigdata.com/cqd.com
to me this looks like ownership went from Han Quam Ming to Agent Booth to the victim
Recorded : 2017-10-16
Historic Registrant

Name Han Quan Ming

Recorded : 2017-11-21
Historic Registrant

Name Booth James

Recorded : 2017-12-28
Historic Registrant

Name Comquest Designs Llc

I have both accounts open, still. however, i moved to A2 in ~02/14/18 because of the email security breach with [email protected] on Startlogic AND because, unbeknownst to me, startlogic, a US company who has housed my CQD.com web site files (and my other websites) since 1996 when i created CQD.com, was sold to Endurance Group International. Tech support was then sent overseas for startlogic, and with the email breach and its a foreign supported company now, i moved/migrated ALL of my sites to A2 Hosting. Even CQD. so because i did NOT sell CQD and i thought my domain was mine, and safe, i copied all my files to a new, american, secure-er server....
However cqd didnt get moved to a2hosting ns at any point until long after it left her possesion.
because i did not sell CQD.com. it has been my url address for 22+ years. my account is still open at startlogic. BTW, major email issue at startlogic also prompted my move. I had purchased an ad on email storage for my real estate emails. when i didn't pay to re-up it, they took all of my sites down, the entire account, and that pissed me off. i called endurance group and spoke to them about it. they credited my account and said they were sorry. but now i think there was more to it than i might have realized at the time.
How does startlogic nameservers come into play, if it was still in her possesion?
Startlogic has been my web hosting company since 1996. they have all my data files.

do you understand why i moved all my sites? the email breach, the email addon issue, company sold, overseas support. all of that added up to me shopping around and going with another web hoster.

does that make sense?

•••
I have both accounts open, still. however, i moved to A2 in ~02/14/18 because of the email security breach with [email protected] on Startlogic AND because, unbeknownst to me, startlogic, a US company who has housed my CQD.com web site files (and my other websites) since 1996 when i created CQD.com, was sold to Endurance Group International. Tech support was then sent overseas for startlogic, and with the email breach and its a foreign supported company now, i moved/migrated ALL of my sites to A2 Hosting. Even CQD. so because i did NOT sell CQD and i thought my domain was mine, and safe, i copied all my files to a new, american, secure-er server....
because i did not sell CQD.com. it has been my url address for 22+ years. my account is still open at startlogic. BTW, major email issue at startlogic also prompted my move. I had purchased an ad on email storage for my real estate emails. when i didn't pay to re-up it, they took all of my sites down, the entire account, and that pissed me off. i called endurance group and spoke to them about it. they credited my account and said they were sorry. but now i think there was more to it than i might have realized at the time.
Startlogic has been my web hosting company since 1996. they have all my data files.

do you understand why i moved all my sites? the email breach, the email addon issue, company sold, overseas support. all of that added up to me shopping around and going with another web hoster.

does that make sense?

WOW. thank you grilled!
Don't you think it's a little strange that Rebecca, the original domain owner has ZERO record of this? You claim you aren't holding stolen property, yet you refuse to provide a receipt to the person who owned this domain for the last 22 years?

@BoothDomains You're kidding right? This info came from Jack K correspondence, and you were no doubt aware of this.

Your "friend" Jack K had an email conversation with the alleged hacker/thief. Care to post the email headers from that conversation?

Jack states, " I am talking with somebody who claims to be you and we have entered into an agreement at escrow.com and I wanted to make sure everything is legitimate before proceeding.

Show attachment 84506

Sooo... did Rebecca ever call Jack? Was there an accent? What did she sound like? Do you have the call record? Incoming calls can easily be spoofed, just like emails. But, outgoing calls, are much harder. Meaning, to attempt to ensure a number isn't spoofed, you need to call the number, not the number call you. Cloning numbers are a differint story.

Anyways, the alleged hacker/thief states you are free to cancel the transaction if you don't feel comfortable....

...Then the alleged thief / hacker says he/she will provide you the screenshots.

Show attachment 84508

Jack K confirms he spoke on the phone with somebody on the phone (the day prior), and to whom he have been contacting via [email protected]. As soon as he receives the screenshots, the payment will be sent to escrow.

The alleged hacker/thief says "he/she contacted escrow to ask if he/is is allowed to send screenshots to 3rd parties... The said it's against their policy to provide transcation details to others. So in this case, I've just hidden the buyers name and the transaction ID. Please find the screenshot attached.

Show attachment 84511

Regarding the phone number, I changed it but my registrar said it will be updated within 72 hours...
"

So what was the phone number? Was it a Florida number? Why protect the hacker/thief by keeping this info private?

And, if Jack currently had a pending escrow with the alleged thief / hacker, wouldn't a screenshot of that be proof?

The buyers name was blacked out, but it was publicly available on historical WHOIS, as it was pointed out by many members here.

What did Mike Han say when you contacted him via the email that was listed during the time of the cancelled transaction?

Show attachment 84512

Mike Han promptly responded to Nevins with the below screenshot to confirm his words:

Show attachment 84514

Show attachment 84515

That's what I'm here to find out. It would be much easier if @BoothDomains would cooperate rather than be a hinderence. ie What phone numbers did Jack speak with? Did only Jack speak to her? Or did Jake? Did James speak to her? What was included in the email headers? Since James (or Jack) was the only one REALLY transacting via escrow, and because @spoiltrider was not privy to this transaction, she has no recourse to work with escrow.com. How messed up is that?

Anyways, with James' help or not, I intend to find as much details as possible about this alleged thief or hacker. I have spent sufficient time looking at everything available, and I am of the strong opinion that Rebecca (@spoiltrider) is the rightful owner of this domain as she did not sell it to James/Jack... The alleged hacker/thief allegedly sold it.

I will help prove this belief to not only Namepros, but I will work with Rebecca behind the scenes to make sure Network Solutions does a proper investigation (not a 3 month investigation, because the hack occurred before then) and in the end, it is of my opinion that Rebecca will get her domain back from Network Solutions.

Hopefully @BoothDomains will have a change of heart, and will decide help find the hacker/thief who allegedly stole his (or Jacks) money.

...a lot more to come.

Happy Easter everyone!

WOW. thank you!

•••
you can't create an account with an email address already in the system, AFAIK.

however, at least until Flippa.com bought Escrow.com, it was possible to change the name and email of an account without any checks from Escrow.com and, worst yet, that new information would get reflected on already closed transactions.

I don't know however since when has this issue been corrected.

well, i created a brand new, and my first ever escrow.com account using [email protected] last night.
i have screen shots of the process.

so if i can't create an account with a email "already in use" - how did i create one late last night?
photoshop? how??

i did not verify myself....i will never use the system, but i had to see if my email was already associated with my alleged account. apparently not?

how can this be explained. the 19k cancelled escrow transaction clearly show rjbtwinsis on it.

i have never had an account on any transfer platform, and i never sold my domain!!!!!! or authorized it in any shape or form to be sold.
(where is the mad face emoji with the black tape #$&% across the mouth when i need it?!)

•••

The name was a developed website June22, 2016 http://web.archive.org/web/20160622041114/http://www.cqd.com:80/

Looks the same Oct15, 2017 http://web.archive.org/web/20171005142749/http://www.cqd.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20150219213949/http://www.cqd.com:80/
The name looks the same at web.archive but the nameservers were being changed often

What does this mean
2017-08-24 Transferred to startlogic.com
2017-08-16 Transferred to pendingrenewaldeletion.com
2016-08-17 Transferred to startlogic.com
2016-08-16 Transferred to pendingrenewaldeletion.com

What nameservers were used while the name was in a developed state?
Sorry i don't have access to all the tools most of you have

Can someone post the complete nameserver movement and whois for this name again from day 1?
https://domainbigdata.com/cqd.com
to me this looks like ownership went from Han Quam Ming to Agent Booth to the victim
Recorded : 2017-10-16
Historic Registrant

Name Han Quan Ming

Recorded : 2017-11-21
Historic Registrant

Name Booth James

Recorded : 2017-12-28
Historic Registrant

Name Comquest Designs Llc

it should be ComQuest Designs / Rebecca Burns
gainesville florida
internic/network solutions - registrar
startlogic - web hoster (from 1996 when my very first pagemill web site went up - unitl security breach when i changed to new new service provider 02/18)
since Aug 18, 1996.
and that should be all it ever is!

OH L@@K, my phone number has NOT changed!!!!!!!!! look at the web site phone numbers! i still have that number, and i answer it too!
amazing.

•••
well, i created a brand new, and my first ever escrow.com account using [email protected] last night.
i have screen shots of the process.

so if i can't create an account with a email "already in use" - how did i create one late last night?
photoshop? how??

that is a very important piece of information !

try now creating a new account using the same email please...

if you can't, then how can there have been an Escrow transaction with the email "[email protected]"?

maybe Escrow.com (@Jackson Elsegood ) could step in and provide information about this and when did they fix the issue with having a client be able to change the email address of the account and all his personal information, and having that new information be reflected on current and past transactions.

•••
the DNS changes you see recently were when the domain entered expiration (pendingrenewaldeletion.com) and when the domain has been changing hands in the last 5 months, including a transfer to eName.com and then a subsequent transfer back to Network Solutions, after Mike Han had the domain on his account, by brokering the domain for a client of his for $19k through Escrow.com, but then advised the client to back off since he suspected of fraudulent activity with the domain. So he canceled the Escrow transaction and was able to recover the domain of his client because it hadn't still been disburse to the seller (allegedly an hacker/hijacker).

what i did not see explained yet is why the domain has been sent back to Network Solutions and NetSol didn't block the domain or reached Rebecca, assuming that this transfer back to NetSol was a result of a complaint to the registrars involved and that they agreed that a fraudulent transfer had occur, so they revert it back (and in that case WHO made the complaint?).

Show attachment 84512

Show attachment 84514

and now, putting the pieces together, it should not be a great leap of faith to conclude that the transfer back to Network Solutions was a result of Mike Han having canceled the Escrow transaction and provided the transfer code to seller so that he could get the domain back from eName.

so, Network Solutions seems to be (again) oblivious to all that is happening with their client's domains.

but we should trust now on their "fraud department investigation of 3 months"...

•••
Everyone should know by now that NetSol is a joke.

•••
Everyone should know by now that NetSol is a joke.

One thing is for sure..... regardless of which side of this topic you are on we can all agree on that.

I'd hate to be NetSol right now, they are taking a beating.

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 84506

Show attachment 84508

Show attachment 84511

"

Show attachment 84512

Show attachment 84514

Show attachment 84515

...a lot more to come.

Happy Easter everyone!

And @Grilled is back (y) (y) (y)

You just knew he was going to waste no time on this :xf.cool:

•••
•••
•••
that is a very important piece of information !

if you can't, then how can there have been an Escrow transaction with the email "[email protected]"?

maybe Escrow.com (@Jackson Elsegood ) could step in and provide information about this and when did they fix the issue with having a client be able to change the email address of the account and all his personal information, and having that new information be reflected on current and past transactions.

it won't let me do it (create an account with my [email protected] email, since i created one last night.) it says the email address already registered with Escrow.com
look at the 4 screen shots. 3 last night creating the account (3/31/18) and then trying to create a new account with the same email just now (4/1/18).

and who is the SELLER name CQD - JR. ([email protected]) in the 19k cancelled transaction?

.....and the confirmation email from escrow.com - well that went straight to my (macmail) JUNKMAIL which will delete upon quitting. i have a screen shot of this too.

i never saw any emails from escrow, or anyone else about this fraudulent sale! the hacker (domainbuzz56) instructed them -escrow and all others to go into my junkmail box...my yahoo account was hacked and controlled by way of email forward through startlogic cqd.com emails.... right?

my cqd.com domain was stolen, and i want it back now!
i had nothing to do with this mess except be a total victim!

Attachments

• create escrow1 Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.45.55 AM.jpg
    create escrow1 Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.45.55 AM.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 138
  • create escrow Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.52.12 AM.jpg
    create escrow Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.52.12 AM.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 138
  • verify T1 Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.47.50 AM.jpg
    verify T1 Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 10.47.50 AM.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Escrow dupex Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 6.30.01 PM.jpg
    Escrow dupex Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 6.30.01 PM.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
•••
and do not forget that "[email protected]" is listed as the owner of FRT.com, since November 2012.

guess where is the domain FRT.com registered? ...

and, by the way, the domain is now with transfer lock off since at least November 2017, when it was locked all the last decade.

so don't get surprised if one of these days someone buys the domain FRT.com without making due diligence.

•••
guess where is the domain FRT.com registered?
With so many cases of stolen domains @ netsol, I'd say any publicly reported aftermarket sale (a sale that was worth to be reported publicly, like 3 letters) should now be considered suspicious if the domain in question was with Netsol. Hope that Rebecca, should the domain be returned to her, will transfer the domain to a more secure registrar (and use some other escrow service, not escrow.com, if she finds a buyer someday).

•••
@Grilled , good work and only confirms what we all (for the most part) believe, CQD.com was stolen, Booth claims he saw no red flags and bought the name with good intentions. Rebecca obviously needs to do what she needs to do now. It is possible both were taken advantage of but ultimately the name needs to be returned.

The ball is in Rebecca's court now to act, it is clear Booth will not surrender the name, it is what it is.

•••
@Grilled , good work and only confirms what we all (for the most part) believe, CQD.com was stolen, Booth claims he saw no red flags and bought the name with good intentions. Rebecca obviously needs to do what she needs to do now. It is possible both were taken advantage of but ultimately the name needs to be returned.

The ball is in Rebecca's court now to act, it is clear Booth will not surrender the name, it is what it is.

i believe we are far from that point. there are several issues that must be addressed by @BoothDomains to show that James Booth has really act in good faith.

Off course he can keep faking that he is not reading the questions that are arising on this thread and that he doesn't have to reply - which he doesn't - but then he better do not come later on claiming that people are defaming him.

At current status off affairs, we have conflicting screenshots from Escrow transactions that point do document falsification, and assertions of due diligence when obviously there has been none, since the domain show suspicious activity before the deal took place, even when Mike Han backed away from a similar deal before James deal.

We are not talking about a newbie in this business. This is a man that claimed to have sold millions in domain deals in just 2 years but now is getting some poor woman sweating on a domain he knows that was stolen.

I really hate this BS talk of being friendly with people that clearly are not matching up to their game. The domain was stolen plain and simple. Yes, it is hard to take the bullet and have to take a hit on a deal that needs to be reversed. But this is when we see if people stands for the image they try to pass to others.

•••
i believe we are far from that point. there are several issues that must be addressed by @BoothDomains to show that James Booth has really act in good faith.

Off course he can keep faking that he is not reading the questions that are arising on this thread and that he doesn't have to reply - which he doesn't - but then he better do not come later on claiming that people are defaming him.

At current status off affairs, we have conflicting screenshots from Escrow transactions that point do document falsification, and assertions of due diligence when obviously there has been none, since the domain show suspicious activity before the deal took place, even when Mike Han backed away from a similar deal before James deal.

We are not talking about a newbie in this business. This is a man that claimed to have sold millions in domain deals in just 2 years but now is getting some poor woman sweating on a domain he knows that was stolen.

I really hate this BS talk of being friendly with people that clearly are not matching up to their game. The domain was stolen plain and simple. Yes, it is hard to take the bullet and have to take a hit on a deal that needs to be reversed. But this is when we see if people stands for the image they try to pass to others.

For me people can draw their own conclusions, I see no evidence James knew anything about the names history (theft) or red flags, nor any evidence he didn't. That is called giving the benefit of the doubt. The goal is the recovery of Rebecca's domain, it was clearly stolen, the evidence of the first escrow deal alone is proof but how she recovers it now is up to her, easy road Booth hands over the name and chases the man he paid, hard road he stands his ground and Rebecca needs to take legal action, that simple. What I believe personally is just a cause for gossip when looking at blame, right now focus on recovery ;)

•••
Mike Han backed away from a similar deal

Kudos to Mike. Not only did Mike assist Rebecca but realizing the name was questionable he immediately returned the domain at a loss, he also provided Escrow documentation to prove it which ethically was excellent and above and beyond what was necessary in order to protect his customer and reputation as a broker.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ute&URL=0800-0899/0812/Sections/0812.022.html

“If the dealer is unable to verify whether the property is stolen from the individual or business, and if the dealer accepts the property that is later determined to have been stolen, the dealer will voluntarily return the property at no cost and without the necessity of a replevin action, if the property owner files the appropriate theft reports with law enforcement and enters into an agreement with the dealer to actively participate in the prosecution of the person or persons who perpetrated the crime.”

Last edited:
•••
“If the dealer is unable to verify whether the property is stolen from the individual or business, and if the dealer accepts the property that is later determined to have been stolen, the dealer will voluntarily return the property at no cost and without the necessity of a replevin action, if the property owner files the appropriate theft reports with law enforcement and enters into an agreement with the dealer to actively participate in the prosecution of the person or persons who perpetrated the crime.”

Since current registrant is in Singapore, he may have no obligation to follow the law of a Florida state or U.S. in general. It is likely that in Singapore law there is something similar though, and also about _posessing_ a stolen property

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back