IT.COM

Domainer or Domaineer!

NameSilo
Watch

Frenchiexno1

Account Closed
Impact
I'm interested to hear whether people call themselves domainers or domaineers. I've always considered myself a domaineer (I just thought it was easier to say) so what are you guys.

Having just regd some domaineer related names I think I may be the only one!

Still.........that could work........ :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I told people I'm domainer, if they ask what is that mean, then I told them I trade domain or "Domain trader"

•••
I'm somewhat verbose by nature and usually start off by mentioning that I invest in internet real estate, followed by explaining that what I purchase is the letters found before the .com and drawing the similarities between investing in domain names and investing in real world real estate, giving examples of large sales which have occured in the past and giving them examples of why domain names (using examples like Google and Facebook that they've heard of) are so important and valuable.

Response is pretty amazing. I've even had a few friends/co-workers wanting me to invest their money for them in domain names...

.X. said:
Same here, It is to hard to explain to people, and it always turns into a big fiasco.

•••
I go anywhere between - Online Commerce to Domain Collector to "I run a few websites". If anyone wants to know more, they usually ask and if not, that's just fine by me. :)

M.

•••
Spade said:
I actually refer to myself as a Web Asset Manager (outside of the domaining community)
Is that sort of like a "Digital Brand Management Consultant"? ;) That's what I use -- heard it here on NamePros once upon a time.

When I was a cashier at the grocery store, I considered myself a "Transaction Engineer"... :red:

•••
A Domaineer is a Pioneer - like that may add to my sig. :)

•••
Old school: Domainer
New school: Domaineer

That ship just slid down the slip, matey...! Given the "domination" meaning I think it's great. Then again, I own Domainanator.com so I'm into that Power Domain thing...

•••
The Domainanator - I love it, sounds like an Arnie Movie.

What happened to the domain name Arnie
'I had to let it drop'

Asta La Vista Domain Name....

•••
I'm a traditional guy. Domainer will do fine for me.

•••
Domaineer would be the proper term if it was in the dictionary, we do not say "enginer" its engineer, mountaineer, pioneer, etc..I was thinking about this the other day, registered a handful of domains, and googled the terms which led me here afterwards because was going to start a thread with the same questions.

•••
I wouldn't argue which is correct as I think they both work in the case of domaining. Using some examples:
Designer
Gardener
Trainer
Coiner
Miner

As some said before:
Engineer
Pioneer
Auctioneer
Buccaneer
Mountaineer

I think it's more of a personal preference of which one you would like to call yourself.

•••
Perhaps domaineers hand register only. Like gold rushers did.

•••
Perhaps domaineers hand register only. Like gold rushers did.
Perhaps,
I've purchased a few from closeouts but most of mine are hand reg. as I enjoy hand regging.
Neither has brought me a sale yet but have had a few offers on my hand regs and no offers on my closeouts.

•••
Perhaps,
I've purchased a few from closeouts but most of mine are hand reg. as I enjoy hand regging.
Neither has brought me a sale yet but have had a few offers on my hand regs and no offers on my closeouts.
Be patient and hopeful, I sold 2 poker related hand registrations back in the day for $n,nnn.00 and $NN,NNN.oo still have more, my pole is in the water waiting for fish to bite again.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Pioneering days are over.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back