IT.COM

guide Domain Worth Retaining

NameSilo
Watch

Raj2610

Established Member
Impact
Let's use this thread to figure out if it is worth retaining a domain. I am hopeful that senior Domainers are going to support the newbies in treading on the right path.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow- thanks for the feedback. With Vegopolis- It is just veg with the suffix being opolis or city of in Greek. I'll take your advice and renew the ones you like. I actually just had a low 5 digit sale today, so renewing the ones you like can't hurt.
Regarding the Steakopolis.com name, I probably have 10 others that are better like SteakLand.com, SteakHub.com, SteakCentral.com, SteakTown.com and Steakster.com. Unless I want a mini monopoly of steak names, it's not one of my best.
I appreciate your time and will visit this thread again soon.

•••
@NameFit
Bedfordsolar.com
I need your feedback on that domain name

Last edited:
•••
@GoodKindName

Here you go

Enlado.com - this is ok, generic name, pronounces well, cannot get confused with other words
InspiringCannabis.com - Sorry not familiar with that market, you may have to do research yourself.
Vitamician.com - 'ician' is typically for person's like dietician, physician, musician etc. Not sure if thee is person who just deals with vitamins only. Cannot fit into typical categories of 'product', 'business name/personal brand' or 'service'.
10.works - not much experience with other extensions. But you have to think about on the left side. is this something unique about it, how is it different from 11 or 9. Understand numbers also sell, we cannot comment why 889 is better than 890..(just an example)
Calm.Chat - other extension, with so many extensions around, people will not get used to them.
Fast.Lease - if the company is desperate that they want the word lease in their name and cannot get hold of .com, then sure. Or if you think "fastlease.com" is very good, then may be. not sure fast is 'that' important factor in leasing business.
Wategy.com - this is a good product brand, water filters, pitcher, any water product
Betting.Express - same comment as above, just too many extensions around, sure bets is also there.As more and more extensions come, current (new) extensions get diminished in value.
Medditate.com - gave it a thought not sure if it is appealing, some brandables houses like SH/BB etc. will list it but it outside of them you will not be able to sell it. Even there, it may be sitting for years.
Unimited.com - you do want to use brandables that are confusing with the real word, understand same logic goes for Medditate (there one does not have choice). But one reads this, first impression comes is that it is unlimited - then you realize, oh the 'l' is missing. Not sure if you think there is relation to another word, but at outset, that does not matter. You will not be able to tell audience, no actually, it is similar to xxxx. You always have to go with first impression.
LikeShift.com - not sure what business model you can have around that,
ExpoGig.com (not sure why but I'm getting tons of views on this name on DAN) - not sure, if it was gigs sure.
Reseem.com - generic word, if you want to go generic, you want to make sure that people can remember easily (spell back easily). this one is not. Enlado is way better than this name. People will not go wrong.
WeCosmic.com - normally we is followed by activity, like wechat, wework etc. not sure cosmic fits well. if you think it is about people who believe in cosmic things, not sure what business model you will have.

Hope it helps

•••
@OSEGHALE

Bedfordsolar.com- when you are using two words, you always have to see whether the constituent words are complementary. If one part can be easily replaced by another word, then there is nothing unique about it. It could very well be named redfordsolar from that perspective. If you mean to imply a geo location, it has very limited market, you want names for which you think there are multiple buyers/ multiple uses.

•••
@GoodKindName

Here you go

Enlado.com - this is ok, generic name, pronounces well, cannot get confused with other words
InspiringCannabis.com - Sorry not familiar with that market, you may have to do research yourself.
Vitamician.com - 'ician' is typically for person's like dietician, physician, musician etc. Not sure if thee is person who just deals with vitamins only. Cannot fit into typical categories of 'product', 'business name/personal brand' or 'service'.
10.works - not much experience with other extensions. But you have to think about on the left side. is this something unique about it, how is it different from 11 or 9. Understand numbers also sell, we cannot comment why 889 is better than 890..(just an example)
Calm.Chat - other extension, with so many extensions around, people will not get used to them.
Fast.Lease - if the company is desperate that they want the word lease in their name and cannot get hold of .com, then sure. Or if you think "fastlease.com" is very good, then may be. not sure fast is 'that' important factor in leasing business.
Wategy.com - this is a good product brand, water filters, pitcher, any water product
Betting.Express - same comment as above, just too many extensions around, sure bets is also there.As more and more extensions come, current (new) extensions get diminished in value.
Medditate.com - gave it a thought not sure if it is appealing, some brandables houses like SH/BB etc. will list it but it outside of them you will not be able to sell it. Even there, it may be sitting for years.
Unimited.com - you do want to use brandables that are confusing with the real word, understand same logic goes for Medditate (there one does not have choice). But one reads this, first impression comes is that it is unlimited - then you realize, oh the 'l' is missing. Not sure if you think there is relation to another word, but at outset, that does not matter. You will not be able to tell audience, no actually, it is similar to xxxx. You always have to go with first impression.
LikeShift.com - not sure what business model you can have around that,
ExpoGig.com (not sure why but I'm getting tons of views on this name on DAN) - not sure, if it was gigs sure.
Reseem.com - generic word, if you want to go generic, you want to make sure that people can remember easily (spell back easily). this one is not. Enlado is way better than this name. People will not go wrong.
WeCosmic.com - normally we is followed by activity, like wechat, wework etc. not sure cosmic fits well. if you think it is about people who believe in cosmic things, not sure what business model you will have.

Hope it helps

Thank you so much for taking the time to honestly assess my domains. I really appreciate your feedback. It made me think more critically about them and to admit that I should assign more importance to possible end-users when deciding on names.

•••
This is a great thread!

In general I don't keep a name unless it has potential retail value of 4 figures, but that's just my business model. A decent portfolio should have a sell through rate of low single digit percent. For example, if your sell through rate is 2% and your average acquisition cost is $20, you should plan to get your investment back in one year, AKA $20/0.02 = $1000 per name, and if you want extra profit, aim for at minimum $1500-3000 selling price. At average cost of $40 per name, your average selling price should be $2000 and up and so on...This is what I've done and worked very well for myself. Handreg can cost less with registrar promotions etc, however, imo all handreg would have even lower STR, and change the entire calculation.

For the list of names, right off the bat, I can spot HeroPilot with great potential for 4 figures, over $2k retail price, I also really like LetUsBrand. BeautyIsNow has potential as well as beauty is a very strong keyword...maybe zapwe too. It doesn't mean that other names are worthless, I just don't see them with 4 figure retail value at 2% and above STR.

I really like it how you have explained the concept or ROI . Most people i have known (even though they arent many) expect to buy a catchy domain and hope to sell it fast. When they are unable to sell it, they get disappointed and tend to make more mistakes.

The problem is most people do not understand the importance of having business plan & a sales model.
Focusing on STR will also highlight the need of having a decent portfolio.

•••
@NameFit

TopCarStore.com
Isoob.com
Crypters.net
Vaccinoted.com

Need your feedback on these.
Thanks

•••
Can I get your comments about this domain?

3uy.net

I thought it may look like 'buy.net' with a proper logo. Is this brandable? Or can I sell it with a decent price?

•••
Great thread. Thanks to all who are giving their valuable insight

I would love to hear good or bad about these -
All .com

Help/chief
Soeft
Cure/cave
End/Edge
Cash/Prism
Prime/Tact
Viva/Feed
Vibe/Bird

•••
@MrSatan

Sure, here you go

TopCarStore.com - store is just odd word for cars, plus too long
Isoob.com - this can cause confusion with other words. This is a generic name at best. If you want to go generic, but it needs to be catchy, and not confusing with other words.
Crypters.net - not sure what crypters means or it is not popular term, plus for other extensions, standards are higher
Vaccinoted.com - if you are thinking that somebody may misspell, and you may get traffic, if somebody were to to misspell, they would type veccinated, vacinated etc.. Plus you may want to have names one which one can establish a business on. If it (misspelled) was not your intent, then you do not want to have a word sounding like a popular word. People are going to type that popular word only. Going back to first interpretation of misspelling, that is what it matters. One does have a second chance when it comes to domains.

•••
@Zei

3uy.net - you have to look at how the end user will 'use' this name not what a potential buyer would think.

•••
DebtFreeExpert
TopTrendingSongs

all .com

•••
do you think these kind of names worth renewing for brandpa alone as marketplace update changed lot of things , if I have to renew, its just for brandpa listed so confused ? I wouldn't even buy these names now

deckolo.com
daxoa.com
blockela.com
blockogo.com
blockomo.com
storagesun.com
favova.com
bodyvisor.com
maxprospect.com
brainepic.com
birdbeam.com
scribefully.com
triposa.com
merchantful.com
detecteo.com
Brainbusy.com
Brainquip.com
Scanolo.com
Tipogo.com

Last edited:
•••
@Surender Singh

Sure

Help/chief - there are not many commercial viable businesses that are in helping business. Even though this business may not be be 'helping' business, having help itself in the name gives impression that it is help (may be free/not a commercial entity).
Soeft - hard to pronounce if you want the user to spell it back to you
Cure/cave - just cure and cave do not fit, , the constituent words have to be complementary
End/Edge - just end and edge do not fit, the constituent words have to be complementary
Cash/Prism - even though prism does not add any value to cash, but since there is definitely need for 'cash' term, then it may do
Prime/Tact - this is ok, this could be any skill coaching/training, or even situation handling scenarios, like emergency services
Viva/Feed - this is also ok, feed itself being popular word and viva gives positive spin to that
Vibe/Bird - if it would have like blue bird, white bird or anything like that, they become little catchy. But when you put vibe, it makes people think 'hm.. what does the name mean?' while that is not the case when you say blue bird - they already know it does not mean anything, just some name. So you have to think this way, when people think 'hm.. what does it mean' - you have to come up to their expectations. This way, at one side, you are limiting your audience, but at the same time targeting specific audience. Different theories which one is better, actually does not matter which one is better, now you are in the territory of 'if you are able to sell it or not'.

But in general, if you are in two (meaningful) words domains, keep in mind the following
1. Whether the constituent words are complementary. If you can just replace one part with another word and it conveys the same/similar, then probably they are not. First always focus on what the name is about, most fall into category 'one thing' not two things. Once you have established 'about' part, then try replacing the other part.
2. Another way to test it is - try putting them in one sentence (one straight sentence only). If the sentence makes sense, sounds good, the name is likely good.
To add:
3. It is all weighed in the popularity of the word - popularity overrides all the rules. e.g. Cash and prism do not fit well, do not fit in a sentence, fail both rules above, but since word 'cash' is so popular, so it will do.
4. Above everything, always think, is there a business model on the name. If the name does not have end-user use with commercial viability, then you may get few $ more at best.

Hope it helps

Last edited:
•••
@Surender Singh

Sure

Help/chief - there are not many commercial viable businesses that are in helping business. Even though this business may not be be 'helping' business, having help itself in the name gives impression that it is help (may be free/not a commercial entity).
Soeft - hard to pronounce if you want the user to spell it back to you
Cure/cave - just cure and cave do not fit, , the constituent words have to be complementary
End/Edge - just end and edge do not fit, the constituent words have to be complementary
Cash/Prism - even though prism does not add any value to cash, but since there is definitely need for 'cash' term, then it may do
Prime/Tact - this is ok, this could be any skill coaching/training, or even situation handling scenarios, like emergency services
Viva/Feed - this is also ok, feed itself being popular word and viva gives positive spin to that
Vibe/Bird - if it would have like blue bird, white bird or anything like that, they become little catchy. But when you put vibe, it makes people think 'hm.. what does the name mean?' while that is not the case when you say blue bird - they already know it does not mean anything, just some name. So you have to think this way, when people think 'hm.. what does it mean' - you have to come up to their expectations. This way, at one side, you are limiting your audience, but at the same time targeting specific audience. Different theories which one is better, actually does not matter which one is better, now you are in the territory of 'if you are able to sell it or not'.

But in general, if you are in two (meaningful) words domains, keep in mind the following
1. Whether the constituent words are complementary. If you can just replace one part with another word and it conveys the same/similar, then probably they are not. First always focus on what the name is about, most fall into category 'one thing' not two things. Once you have established 'about' part, then try replacing the other part.
2. Another way to test it is - try putting them in one sentence (one straight sentence only). If the sentence makes sense, sounds good, the name is likely good.
To add:
3. It is all weighed in the popularity of the word - popularity overrides all the rules. e.g. Cash and prism do not fit well, do not fit in a sentence, fail both rules above, but since word 'cash' is so popular, so it will do.
4. Above everything, always think, is there a business model on the name. If the name does not have end-user use with commercial viability, then you may get few $ more at best.

Hope it helps
Thanks a lot!...That's wonderful insight & good learning for a newbie like me. You are doing a wonderful job!

•••
@Samer
Here you go

DebtFreeExpert - good personal brand, everyone wants to be debt free
TopTrendingSongs - too long, additionally will be hard to build a business model on it.

•••
Hi @Domain Monk, we can advise on the value of the names, selling is all together different ballgame. Most of the names are brandables, so one has to rely on the marketplaces for a sale. Here you go

deckolo.com - no, just with word, deck - not sure how many products use this word. Just too complex word for simple word 'deck'
daxoa.com - hard to pronounce
blockela.com - this could be ok, this could be antispam/ad blocking software
blockogo.com - no, just too many syllables
blockomo.com - same as just one above, too many syllables
storagesun.com - this could be ok, storage name, or even energy company,
favova.com - it is somewhat ok, better than other generics (abstract names) since it cannot be confused with others. It slightly enters the territory of 'favorite' (bookmarking/opinion etc). Some countries have significance of 'ova' at the end of the name.
bodyvisor.com - this is rather good, any AI stuff, VR equipment etc. body protective etc
maxprospect.com - without s, it is somewhat 'restricted'
brainepic.com - you are in three word territory
birdbeam.com - ok, complementary words, satellite/broadcasting services,
scribefully.com - this has some use, both constituents complementary, but would not proceed if scribefull/scribeful was established business.
triposa.com - this is ok, any travel / trip related sites. Plus you may have to look into markets where the names end with 'osa'
merchantful.com - this is ok, merchant/b2b connection platform
detecteo.com - this is ok, spyling/intelligence/detection software etc. related
Brainbusy.com - this is ok, any mind exercises, mind puzzling games
Brainquip.com - this is ok, coaching/mentoring application, quotes etc.
Scanolo.com - not favorite because of syllables, but still ok, since word 'scan' does not have many substitutes (again would not go for it if scanlo was established business)
Tipogo.com - no, not really, do not see business model on this.

Best.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Domain Monk, we can advise on the value of the names, selling is all together different ballgame. Most of the names are brandables, so one has to rely on the marketplaces for a sale. Here you go

deckolo.com - no, just with word, deck - not sure how many products use this word. Just too complex word for simple word 'deck'
daxoa.com - hard to pronounce
blockela.com - this could be ok, this could be antispam/ad blocking software
blockogo.com - no, just too many syllables
blockomo.com - same as just one above, too many syllables
storagesun.com - this could be ok, storage name, or even energy company,
favova.com - it is somewhat ok, better than other generics (abstract names) since it cannot be confused with others. It slightly enters the territory of 'favorite' (bookmarking/opinion etc). Some countries have significance of 'ova' at the end of the name.
bodyvisor.com - this is rather good, any AI stuff, VR equipment etc. body protective etc
maxprospect.com - without s, it is somewhat 'restricted'
brainepic.com - you are in three word territory
birdbeam.com - ok, complementary words, satellite/broadcasting services,
scribefully.com - this has some use, both constituents complementary, but would not proceed if scribefull/scribeful was established business.
triposa.com - this is ok, any travel / trip related sites. Plus you may have to look into markets where the names end with 'osa'
merchantful.com - this is ok, merchant/b2b connection platform
detecteo.com - this is ok, spyling/intelligence/detection software etc. related
Brainbusy.com - this is ok, any mind exercises, mind puzzling games
Brainquip.com - this is ok, coaching/mentoring application, quotes etc.
Scanolo.com - not favorite because of syllables, but still ok, since word 'scan' does not have many substitutes (again would not go for it if scanlo was established business)
Tipogo.com - no, not really, do not see business model on this.

Best.

Wow thanks mate , that's a great work your doing ,lot of gratitude

•••
•••
@NameFit Could you pls offer your advise on the following domains
Dopeabuse.com
Doperehab.com
Are they marketable?
Who can buy them. Thanks

•••
@Steve75

These names do not sound appealing. Few reasons

1. 'Dope' has only 'informal' meaning, for a business name, people do not use such words (it is little bit on the slang or little derogatory if we stretch it) - meaning they do not sound like 'business' like names
2. Between rehab and abuse - rehab can be a business name but abuse can be informational at best
3. Businesses will not name themselves even as 'Drug xxx' reason being, imagine you saying to someone, oh his brother was admitted to 'Drug rehab' (that itself does not sound good). 'Dope Rehab' would sound worse. Do not think you will find businesses like 'ABC Drug Rehab'. This is a little sensitive area for people.
Businesses and people alike would stay away from such names which have direct mention of words like 'drug', 'dope', 'weed' etc etc. On the same line, you will not find many businesses that have word 'Alcohol' in them (even famous Alcoholics Anonymous does not have name like that, they are aa.org). You will not see the word 'smoke' used in stop smoking products. On the same lines, nobody names their senior homes as old age homes.

You want to keep certain things a bit 'subtle/honorable'. Classic example is 'Planned Parenthood' - that name is genius, no mention of word 'unplanned' or 'unplanned pregnancy'. You never want to sound 'negative / with a tint of bad' in your business names.

Guess you get the idea.

•••
@NameFit Could you pls offer your advise on the following domains

3dhologram.tech
bfor.bet
dayoutlets.com
ebatteryonline.com
ev-carinsurance.com
evautoloan.com
evcarloans.com
evmotorparts.com
holo3dprinting.com
holoag.com
holographic.network
holosurgeons.com
no-codedevelopment.com
nocodesoftwares.com
reachranks.com
Noqoder.com
NocoPlugins.com

•••
@seodavid08

Sure. Most of the domains have very thin market/limited scope services of which can be provided by generic businesses. Only name that catches some attention is reachranks.com which can be professional networking site or even career advice/counseling site.

Best.

•••
What about cocainize.com which is a dictionary word or a name like cocalord.com for marijuana

•••
@Steve75

The word 'cocainize' may be a dictionary word, but it is not used in every day language. The use of cocainize is in medical field, and do not think that (using cocaine to anesthetize body) is an accepted practice. Cocaine itself is illegal in many countries, do not think this technique will be ever used in medical field. Even it ever comes into practice, name can be used for informational use only, not a business model.

In general. you may want to have names that give a good vibe to user. Use of words like cocaine, drugs, dope, alcohol, smoke etc. should be avoided even though intent is good.

Best

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back