Dynadot

discuss Domain Sales #9-10

NameSilo
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
So domain sale number 9 was a bulk sale of domains I was not going to reregister. It was 53 names that had some challenges to them. I took a blood bath on them. The only consolation is that they were not 100% losses, just 90% :(

Domain sale number 10 was much smoother. It was a 5L, and I made a little money on it. Still nothing to get excited about. It erased 1 of the 53 losses above.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It erased 1 of the 53 losses above.

Ummm .. that is huge! Congrats! :)

Some of your early stuff was a little iffy based on the ones in the appraisals ... if you were able to go even on 53 bad ones at the cost of only 1 good one then I'd say that's fantastic! :)

EDIT: Crap .. I miss read that .. erased 1 OF the 53! Oh well .. it's a start at least.

More importantly you've recognised the dead weight in your portfolio .. which will certainly make you more money in the long term! :)

Last edited:
•••
Ummm .. that is huge! Congrats! :)

Some of your early stuff was a little iffy based on the ones in the appraisals ... if you were able to go even on 53 bad ones at the cost of only 1 good one then I'd say that's fantastic! :)

What makes the 53 bad domains even worse was that I paid GoDaddy for a 2 year reg and privacy. So those 53 bad names would be well Im so embarrased to say, but it is what it is . . . 53 names at 34 a reg equals a very costly mistake, well mistakes!

Im not saying this sale erased that. Im saying essentially this sale cleaned up one of those regs, basically.

As an aside, it is one of the reasons I dislike GoDaddy so much. I was on the phone with them and the guy was like this is great . . . he sold me. No hateration for that. But think about a name like FindYourHonda dot com. I dont expect a GD rep to say I cant believe it isnt regd yet, you will probably make thousands on it . . . Too many names like that. Dont worry I shoulder most of the blame bc by myself I came up with some crappy names!!

•••
The person at GoDaddy literally said "I cant believe it isnt regd yet, you will probably make thousands on it" for FindYourHonda.com?

That person needs to be fired ... or .. more likely .. the supervisor who allows that sort of opinion should be fired. That is absolutely horrible, unprofessional, deliberately deceptive .. and a flat out lie.

It's got trademark red flags all over it. That's the first and only thing that should have came out of his mouth because that part is fact.

Wow .. truly unbelievable.

Did you pay for 2 years privacy? If so try to at least get refunded that.

•••
The person at GoDaddy literally said "I cant believe it isnt regd yet, you will probably make thousands on it" for FindYourHonda.com?

That person needs to be fired ... or .. more likely .. the supervisor who allows that sort of opinion should be fired. That is absolutely horrible, unprofessional, deliberately deceptive .. and a flat out lie.

It's got trademark red flags all over it. That's the first and only thing that should have came out of his mouth because that part is fact.

Wow .. truly unbelievable.

Did you pay for 2 years privacy? If so try to at least get refunded that.

He literally said thousands off that domain. I don't recall the exact sentence per Se, but I remember thinking I'm the smartest mofo around, boy was I wrong.

•••
from my limited experience getting rid of liabilities (i.e. crap) is financially no less important than making profitable sales. as every sold/dropped low quality asset makes your portfolio healthier and gets you closer to becoming profitable and successful. congrats!

imo

•••
So domain sale number 9 was a bulk sale of domains I was not going to reregister. It was 53 names that had some challenges to them. I took a blood bath on them. The only consolation is that they were not 100% losses, just 90% :(

Domain sale number 10 was much smoother. It was a 5L, and I made a little money on it. Still nothing to get excited about. It erased 1 of the 53 losses above.
Congratulation,

That is exactly how it's work for us, some time we lose but sometimes we get more then 100% what we lost.

•••
•••
Back