Dynadot

advice Domain sale through Namecheap - payment to PayPal & fees advice needed, thanks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Good Day

I have received an offer for one of my domains at Namecheap

The buyer is happy to buy through namecheap marketplace - I don't have any communication with the buyer.

I am happy with Namecheap - I like the customer support

The sales commission fee is standard 10% for namecheap

Funds will be the transferred to PayPal account . I understand PayPal will incur a fee of around 4%

I have only ever sold through Sedo & Afternic and been paid via wire transfer,

How do these commissions stack up? Great to hear your advice, thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sedo=10/20%
afternic=20%
dan=10%
namecheap=10% then 4%

just do math...it is within norm.

You don't _Have_ to use paypal you can keep it at namecheap.

if you have to sell at namecheap; then do.

•••
I thought if you sold a domain on namecheap you can only use the money to spend at namecheap? Not withdrawal? Is that wrong??

•••
you can/could send it to paypal

Profile ==> Billing ==> Withdraw

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You can ask to their support team if you don't find

•••
sedo=10/20%
afternic=20%
dan=10%
namecheap=10% then 4%

just do math...it is within norm.

You don't _Have_ to use paypal you can keep it at namecheap.

if you have to sell at namecheap; then do.
Thanks for the great comparison - I feel reassured now. Have a lovely day :)

•••
Have you try to withdrawal from namecheap marketplace? If they use masspay like sedo and afternic, then PayPal will not incur a fee of around 4%.
Do you get full amount on paypal when you withdrawal from namecheap marketplace?

•••
Paypal took 5.4% (for me). On top of that, my funds on paypal are on hold for additional 21 days. Unless I provide tracking info or print a shipping label. Like Namecheap is expecting a package from me!? Or I can select "Service or Virtual product", then it says I will get my funds in 3 to 7 days.

Namecheap got money instantly, paypal got money instantly, timestamp ...you wait. YOU WAIT!

Unless something changes, this is the last time I use Namecheap for selling domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back