Dynadot

advice Domain Renewals coming up - Transferring out of GoDaddy - Which Registrar to renew them with?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi and Happy New Year! I am hoping to get some feedback in regard to finding a good Registrar which has a good amount of domain extensions. Currently all my domains are at Godaddy because I had DDC and was getting an ok discount. However I just noticed that my DDC was expired and they have raised the price on it. I was already debating before of transfering them out but this just made my decision easier for me. I appreciate your input very much! If a Registrar has a phone number which one can call and talk with; thats a big bonus.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Dynadot, if you want a great registrar, and both Afternic FT and Sedo MLS.
thats great to know that both options are available in regard to Afternic FT and Sedo MLS ... thank you

•••
•••
Dynadot is a good option for pricing and support. Like the order history look up except for some of my auction buys.
opened a porkbun account yesterday and will open a dynabot today ... good to have couple of good Registrars as it will come in handy!

•••
•••
Omigosh! I would highly recommend against Domain.com. Their control panel is atrocious! High prices across the board also.
I agree with you on that! I think one of my backorders was sent to them years ago. I moved it out before the renewal and never looked back!

•••
I agree with you on that! I think one of my backorders was sent to them years ago. I moved it out before the renewal and never looked back!

There was a really short window several years back when their reseller offered cheap transfers, but like you said you had get outta Dodge before renewal time!

•••
name cheap .com
name .com
sav .com
register .com
network solutions .com
domain .com
ionos .com
namesilo .com

Last edited:
•••
NameCheap .com
Name .com
Sav .com
Register .com
Network Solutions .com

I agree. Avoid them all like the plague!

Sorry -- except for NameCheap. Decent enough.

Last edited:
•••
What's the bottom line on Dynadot vs Porkbun?

•••
What's the bottom line on Dynadot vs Porkbun?
Dynadot is a Sedo MLS partner, whereas Porkbun unfortunately is not.

•••
Most of my names are with Dynadot and Namecheap.

•••
Last edited:
•••
$9.22 .com pricing that way (oink!)

Just wondering out loud... is Porkbun headquartered in Oinkorage?

(alas... I may have to give 'em a try!)

Last edited:
•••
Forge, they are apparently in Sherwood, Oregon, Langer Farms Parkway. So perhaps the farm is nearby? Or maybe it was a farm that has since developed into this domain enterprise? Who knows, maybe the pigs run the place whole hog? :xf.rolleyes:
Admittedly, it would be interesting to know the full story behind this interesting registrar and its name.

I choose porkbun but will send over couple of extentions to dynabot as porkbun doesnt cover .bet or .ca
Don't be afraid to also compare the various registrar terms of agreement and privacy policies. Namecheap thus far has impressed me the most for having clarity and fairness in their terms of use. Some TOS appear quite unfriendly and even difficult to understand.

It may not seem to matter now, but this might be worth considering as well before you move your entire portfolio to a different registrar.These issues do matter if a problem arises with a valuable domain disappearing from your account.

Last edited:
•••
Porbun is very cheap. Cheaper you can find SAV and Cloudflare

•••
•••
Eff godaddy. My discount domain club just recently got auto renewed for double what I paid last year. Is that even legal, to raise the price of something on autorenew? I agreed to $119 not twice that much. What if they decided to raise the price to $10k... They could just auto renew at whatever amount they want without new authorization?

After talking with "support" I was told that they stopped grandfathering existing members, a couple weeks before my renewal, on the old price and that the double price ~240 was the new price for everyone.

Same 20+ years of patronage for me and they are losing my business for good because they snuck in that (illegal?) double priced charge and refuse to offer me the original price. $120 to lose my two decades of business.

•••
•••
I chose Dynadot mainly for the Afternic/Sedo MLS listings. The bulk/super bulk pricing helps as well. Spent about $1500 in my first month there transferring in from GD.

•••
I chose Dynadot mainly for the Afternic/Sedo MLS listings. The bulk/super bulk pricing helps as well. Spent about $1500 in my first month there transferring in from GD.
Dynadot customer service is also very good, and they do a great job with the transfers.

Dynadot also does a fantastic job with "privacy off." With one click of a button, all the registrant information is readily shown, INCLUDING one's email address.

To me, that's important? If someone is considering buying a domain, one of the first steps might be to check to see who owns it. Dynadot, like Namecheap, does allow a full view of all registrant information up front, including their actual email to allow direct contact.

So, congrats on the transfers!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back