IT.COM

advice Domain Renewals coming up - Transferring out of GoDaddy - Which Registrar to renew them with?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi and Happy New Year! I am hoping to get some feedback in regard to finding a good Registrar which has a good amount of domain extensions. Currently all my domains are at Godaddy because I had DDC and was getting an ok discount. However I just noticed that my DDC was expired and they have raised the price on it. I was already debating before of transfering them out but this just made my decision easier for me. I appreciate your input very much! If a Registrar has a phone number which one can call and talk with; thats a big bonus.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If getting in touch on the phone is a big deal for you, then maybe Domain.com or Bluehost. Outside of phone support, I'd recommend Dynadot / Namecheap

Last edited:
•••
If getting in touch on the phone is a big deal for you, then maybe Domain.com or Bluehost. Outside of phone support, I'd recommend Dynadot / Namecheap
Much appreciate it!

•••
•••
•••
Porkbun definitely has phone support, including on weekends. Dot com transfers are $9.73 per domain.

Dynadot and Namecheap are also good (haven't checked the phone support issue).

•••
Porkbun definitely has phone support, including on weekends. Dot com transfers are $9.73 per domain.

Dynadot and Namecheap are also good (haven't checked the phone support issue).
Thank you 🙏

•••
Porkbun has low prices, great customer service, and phone support. Highly recommend!

•••
Porkbun has low prices, great customer service, and phone support. Highly recommend!
I must say I also agree sofar as I am actually looking into that currently. The prices seem to be better than godaddy DDC as well plus they have all the extension I need except .bet and .ca which I have less than a dozen of

Last edited:
•••
I must say I also agreee as I am actually looking into that currently. The prices seem to be better than godaddy DDC as well plus they have all the extension I need except .bet and .ca which I have less than a dozen of
Indeed, I think the only other registrar that offers cheaper prices is Sav, but I've read mixed reviews about their support.

Porkbun is the best if you're looking to minimize domain cost AND maximize customer service at the same time.

•••
Hi and Happy New Year! I am hoping to get some feedback in regard to finding a good Registrar which has a good amount of domain extensions. Currently all my domains are at Godaddy because I had DDC and was getting an ok discount. However I just noticed that my DDC was expired and they have raised the price on it. I was already debating before of transfering them out but this just made my decision easier for me. I appreciate your input very much! If a Registrar has a phone number which one can call and talk with; thats a big bonus.
My DDC has stayed grandfathered at the original price, with my last renewal just a month ago. There were people who said that they called and asked for the original price and got it back for another renewal. So, if that is the only reason you are leaving, consider asking them to renew DDC for the lower price.

•••
I am currently using namecheap for my domains but I been hearing solid things about cloudflare, so you could look into them.

•••
•••
•••
If you want your names to be on the Sedo MLS path, then Dynadot and Sav are your best bet. If customer service matters, then Dynadot, Namecheap or Porkbun are good for this.

•••
I primarily use GoDaddy, but have been happy with Dynadot as well.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot, if you want a great registrar, and both Afternic FT and Sedo MLS.

•••
Dynadot is a good option for pricing and support. Like the order history look up except for some of my auction buys.

•••
Indeed, I think the only other registrar that offers cheaper prices is Sav, but I've read mixed reviews about their support.

Porkbun is the best if you're looking to minimize domain cost AND maximize customer service at the same time.
I started to Transfer over my first batch of domains to them that the expiration is coming up

•••
My DDC has stayed grandfathered at the original price, with my last renewal just a month ago. There were people who said that they called and asked for the original price and got it back for another renewal. So, if that is the only reason you are leaving, consider asking them to renew DDC for the lower price.
I tried that with numerous reps and management but didnt get anywhere. Honestly if it wasn't for this thread community support/advice and godaddy not raising the price on DDC, I wouldnt had looked into porkbun and the others that were suggested. I found out that porkbun has much better prices for registering, transfer and renewal than godaddy's DDC. If I would have had known sooner, I would have had saved thousands of dollars during all these years!

•••
I am currently using namecheap for my domains but I been hearing solid things about cloudflare, so you could look into them.
I choose porkbun but will send over couple of extentions to dynabot as porkbun doesnt cover .bet or .ca

•••
•••
•••
If getting in touch on the phone is a big deal for you, then maybe Domain.com or Bluehost

Omigosh! I would highly recommend against Domain.com. Their control panel is atrocious! High prices across the board also.

•••
If you want your names to be on the Sedo MLS path, then Dynadot and Sav are your best bet. If customer service matters, then Dynadot, Namecheap or Porkbun are good for this.
thanks for the info on Sedo MLS. Its good to have that option! I registered an account with porkbun but will open one with dynabot as well and do an in depth dive when i get a chance.

•••
Back