IT.COM

Domain parking choice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainist21

Impact
Hello,
I am kinda new in domain selling and I want to know which domain parking I should go for:
Should I go for afternic, dan or sedo?
Which one of the above generates some revenues?
And talking about nameservers, which nameserver I should set my domain to (dan, sedo or afternic)?
I guess when we talk about domain parking then we're talking about a nameserver and a landing page right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well I'm also new but I think I caught few things reading this forum. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want to generate revenue, best option for parking would be Bodis, but it's not so easy to generate revenue if you don't have some higher quality domains that will get a lot of daily views. You can try it for sure, the platform is easy to use, you can find all the info there.

I guess when we talk about domain parking then we're talking about a nameserver and a landing page right?
Yes, if you want your domain parked, you need to use nameservers of that specific platform.

Personally, if you don't have aged domains with a lot of backlinks, I think that better option would be parking them without ads on one of the platforms where you are selling them, and having a nice sales lander that people will see rather than bunch of ads if they will not bring you a nice profit... But again, you can try to earn with parking and if that doesn't work you can always switch.

•••
•••
If you plan to keep your domain and are strictly looking for parking with ad links for monetization Bodis is known for doing this effectively so you just sign up and follow their instructions.

If you are looking for monetization while the domain is for sale then DAN+Bodis and the instructions are here at blog.undeveloped dot com/introducing-a-new-class-of-hybrid-domain-for-sale-pages-in-partnership-with-bodis-com-686f28bb2b71

•••
use bodis only

but it's pointless to talk here when u have 500.np.threads about parking..just Google namepros parking

when u done reading u will be a pro..well..beginner pro..

•••
•••
The problem is when you dont know what to check before registering the domain, there is a 95% chance it will not produce any traffic. From the remaining 5% 80% will have some traffic, but not enough to cover the renewal costs. So its very important if you want to earn revenue from parking to use different tools to predict if the domain will produce at least 10 USD+ per year.Sometimes you get lucky and register the domain which is on average one dollar per day, but those are extremelly rare nowdays.

•••
Hi

i've been earning ppc revenue for 16 years.
getting paid from a variety of platforms during that time

and the best tip i could share,
is that i've always used a variety, which means more than one, at the same time.

since each name is unique, and no parking platform is the same, then ...

imo...

•••
•••
Hi

i've been earning ppc revenue for 16 years.
getting paid from a variety of platforms during that time

and the best tip i could share,
is that i've always used a variety, which means more than one, at the same time.

since each name is unique, and no parking platform is the same, then ...

imo...
If you ever wanted to put together a little comparison I bet many people would find value in it. It's hard to tell the smoke from the mirrors sometimes!

•••
•••
•••
Hello,

Yes, if you want your domain to be parked, you must utilise the platform's nameservers.

Personally, if you do not have aged domains with a lot of backlinks, I believe that parking them without ads on one of the platforms where you are selling them, and having a great sales lander that people will notice is a better solution than a bunch of advertisements if they will not bring you a nice profit... But, once again, you can try to earn money by parking and, if that fails, you can always swap.

•••
u think it's about to close?

I have no clue about that. But my last "payment" has been lingering for many months. As has everyone else's afaik.

•••
I wouldn't bother thinking about income via parking unless you have domains in same niche as you will never meet min payout earning cents a day.

•••
I wouldn't bother thinking about income via parking unless you have domains in same niche as you will never meet min payout earning cents a day.

For the beginner with just a small set of names, I would agree.

For all the rest, YMMV.

(sorry, repost: this subject just goes round and round in the washer for all eternity.)

•••
Hello,
I am kinda new in domain selling and I want to know which domain parking I should go for:
Should I go for afternic, dan or sedo?
Recently, I started using the Dan/Bodis hybrid model. This was surprisingly easy to set up, with excellent customer service.
Dan cites that they do not take any of the parking revenue. When you set up the account, you need to either upload the domain names directly on Bodis, or wait until someone clicks on the domain on Dan to have it automatically added.
I had tried Sedo, which seemed pretty good for parking, but their policy was unclear as to what portion of the ad revenue goes to them.
Some parking revenue has started coming in, so we'll see how it goes.

•••
•••
•••
Hello,

I want to experiment to earn domain name parking income. Is the extension important in the domain name I will buy? Is there any advantage to .net .io or xyz extension? Also, old domains or new registration, is this important?

•••
Hello,

I want to experiment to earn domain name parking income. Is the extension important in the domain name I will buy? Is there any advantage to .net .io or xyz extension? Also, old domains or new registration, is this important?
I suggest to study before experiment!
The extension has no sense in the parking business.
Different story if you buy a domain for investing, then extension is fundamental.

•••
I suggest to study before experiment!
The extension has no sense in the parking business.
Different story if you buy a domain for investing, then extension is fundamental.

Where do you check traffic and statistics before buying a domain name?

•••
Estibot can provide some basic stats for a start. But I'm sure the pros here have other great suggestions to add.

•••
•••
Recently, I started using the Dan/Bodis hybrid model. This was surprisingly easy to set up, with excellent customer service.
Dan cites that they do not take any of the parking revenue. When you set up the account, you need to either upload the domain names directly on Bodis, or wait until someone clicks on the domain on Dan to have it automatically added.
I had tried Sedo, which seemed pretty good for parking, but their policy was unclear as to what portion of the ad revenue goes to them.
Some parking revenue has started coming in, so we'll see how it goes.
i tried dan hybrid but not good Revenue for me?
is it good for you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back