Dynadot

Domain not working at all ClientHold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sye

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

We have domain on register.com, since 4th of september, its on clienthold. there is no iccaan issue no verify issue, i think its due to last transfer or renewal. but as domain name is on register.com it will now expire on 2023. but whois record says that it is still clienthold.

Due to clienthold my domain dns is not working, i have changed dns, but no any name server and dns are working on the domain name.

I called 8-10 times yesterday and chat 12+ times, but they are not able to understand the issue. they only told me that wait 48 hour to propagate. i told them clienthold status means my domain name is suspended for name server, it will only show but will not work globally, but they do not understand anything.

I have raise ticket, chatroom, call, but no one able to understand the issue with my domain name. it is just like dead domain name, do not evne point to any ip. obviosly if you will research about clienthold status, thats mean domain name will not work for dns/name server. but register.com team dont have that knowledge, as in their panel domain name showing active, so they think its all fine.

Please advise what should i do now. as domain name information changes etc so there is 60 days lock too for transfer, We are facing downtime since over 48 hous, lost business due to this issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you're using the domain for business, you should renew it at least few years

•••
this domain name is not expired. its active till now 2023. not expiry issue. but clienthold intact after renewal/transfer

•••
Register .com might put in on hold due to some sort of complaint they received (spam, trademark, etc.)

Maybe try to transfer it to another registrar. ClientHold should not prevent the domain from being unlocked for transfer, and should not prevent you from retreiving authcode. At least in normal situation...

•••
Thans for your input, they have resolved the issue. took 48 hours.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back