IT.COM

advice Domain Not Renewed - How To Acquire?

NameSilo
Watch

JeffLemon

Established Member
Impact
A domain name I am interested in has not been renewed by the current owner. I'm aware they now enter into a grace period, but in the mean time, what's the best course of action I can take to try and acquire the domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no course of action during grace renewal other than to make an offer on it and based on the registrar it might go to auction before its released for drop. If its picked up at auction it will not drop.

Once its about to drop, if it drops, you can place a backorder. If others want the same name you will either have to bid at an expired auction or hope your catch it and not someone else.

•••
There is no course of action during grace renewal other than to make an offer on it and based on the registrar it might go to auction before its released for drop. If its picked up at auction it will not drop.

Once its about to drop, if it drops, you can place a backorder. If others want the same name you will either have to bid at an expired auction or hope your catch it and not someone else.
Thanks, how would you know when it is about to drop?

•••
Thanks, how would you know when it is about to drop?
The drop date is typically 30 days after expiration so if not renewed or auctioned off before then it drops.

•••
It will take about 60 days before you can buy it if not back ordered also.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back