Dynadot

question Domain Newbie - selling at Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CK_Yau

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone.

I have only begun looking into domains very recently and hand-reg a few .com 2 weeks ago. I then put them up sedo and forget about them.

I have just received an email from sedo saying that someone bought it. Well, small money but happy to get started so soon.

I have provided the auth code to sedo agent but that domain is only 2-week old. I heard that domains cannot be transferred in the first 60 days? My registrar is Dynadot and I have read through the Q&A - I couldn't find the 60-day rule there.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everyone.

I have only begun looking into domains very recently and hand-reg a few .com 2 weeks ago. I then put them up sedo and forget about them.

I have just received an email from sedo saying that someone bought it. Well, small money but happy to get started so soon.

I have provided the auth code to sedo agent but that domain is only 2-week old. I heard that domains cannot be transferred in the first 60 days? My registrar is Dynadot and I have read through the Q&A - I couldn't find the 60-day rule there.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can ask Sedo that you prefer a 'push' for this transfer. Which means the domain remains at the same registrar and gets transferred between members on the same registrar platform. Probably first pushed to Sedo's account at your registrar, and then pushed to the buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Future Sensors. There is a chatbox initiated by the sedo agent handling the transfer. I guess my message would not be read by the buyer.

I told Sedo the fact that this domain is relatively new so it might not be transfered to another registrar. I hope they would smooth things over with the buyer, not calling it off. :xf.cry:

•••
Correct. The communication is with Sedo only. Sedo will help you with a smooth transaction. Congrats on your sale, btw :)

•••
Thanks. But Just saw this update from them:

"Due to a recent registration or transfer this domain is currently under a 60-day registrar lock
We will notify you once the lock has expired and inform you about the next steps."

:xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry: Now they changed the status to "Transfer currently not possible due to transfer lock."

•••
It may be that the buyer insists on this way of transferring the domain, with AUTH code.

•••
Understood. Thanks.

So.... This transaction has been called off I guess? :xf.cry:

•••
Understood. Thanks.

So.... This transaction has been called off I guess? :xf.cry:

Well no, the domain has been paid for by the buyer. All parties have to wait now. The only thing you can do, is ask Sedo why a push is not possible. And then be patient.

•••
Understood. Thanks. I have left a polite message suggesting pushing through Dynadot. Let's see how it goes.

Well, small money but indeed exciting for a 2-week newbie :xf.smile: hopefully this will be the headstart.

•••
Well no, the domain has been paid for by the buyer. All parties have to wait now. The only thing you can do, is ask Sedo why a push is not possible. And then be patient.

It has been quite a while. I have just remembered creating this thread when I purchased my first domain in the early 2021.
I was and still is a complete newbie and time flies - it has already been a year!

So - the domain in question when creating this thread was M/O/S/C/O/W/G/U/R/U in king. I hand regged it and listed it on Sedo at $50 (Buy Now) and honestly was not expecting it would sell at all. Surprisingly, I got an email from Sedo a few days later and someone had bought it.

And a few days ago - I had a similar experience. I snapped a $5 Close-out from GoDaddy and listed it again on Sedo at $80. And a few days later - the same thing happened.

I did not get it - it was not a dictionary word (although in king). Honestly it was an impulsive purchase as it was my first time using GoDaddy.

I will keep reading and reading here in Namepros and learn from everyone. :xf.smile:

•••
It has been quite a while. I have just remembered creating this thread when I purchased my first domain in the early 2021.
I was and still is a complete newbie and time flies - it has already been a year!

So - the domain in question when creating this thread was M/O/S/C/O/W/G/U/R/U in king. I hand regged it and listed it on Sedo at $50 (Buy Now) and honestly was not expecting it would sell at all. Surprisingly, I got an email from Sedo a few days later and someone had bought it.

And a few days ago - I had a similar experience. I snapped a $5 Close-out from GoDaddy and listed it again on Sedo at $80. And a few days later - the same thing happened.

I did not get it - it was not a dictionary word (although in king). Honestly it was an impulsive purchase as it was my first time using GoDaddy.

I will keep reading and reading here in Namepros and learn from everyone. :xf.smile:
Got my first sale in the same way but on GD, a small $50 bin. This place is wonderlful for learning.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back