Domain negotiation failed - they are building site on the plural

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by NickB, Sep 5, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

does above mean:
    that you were offered an amount in x,xxx range and you countered their offer?

imo...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

They started high xxx final offer was £1500 I was/am looking for 3k so by no means high x,xxx but I am not going below 3k - it's worth this and has other potential end users out there which they probably know about (maybe?)

They kept going up by £50 here then £100 there - it actually was a bit of a piss take, but kept that to myself

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

This has happened quite a few times now with different domains - they counter up to 1k or there abouts but are not willing to go higher......

Makes me wonder if I should be taking some of these deals in this range and moving on......will have to have a little think about it

4. Max1000

Max1000 Established Member

Next time, eh, lol! But again, there can be too many alternative similar domains, and you can't reg them all obviously.

5. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

sometimes, some deals are better than no deals.
    but
    it's always a thinking process.
    we tend to think more about leaving money on the table, than taking what's being offered.

in the last few years, i've certainly passed on more offers, than i've accepted.

so, you're not alone.

imo...

6. Amit V

Amit V Established Member

Had absolutely the same happen to me yesterday.Till $1150 and then stall.

7. April004

April004 Established Member

I've seen prospective buyers dropping "r", adding double "r", adding "ing" or some prefixes like The, My, Get, etc. to hand-reg domains owning it.

I had few domains aiming to startups, they were two word generics, but saw few prospects registering:
    get***.app or my****store.com like domains hand registered!

8. richardhope

richardhope Established Member

This is something that happens often with .com... After all, there are always going to be alternative words, plurals, other TLD's, and so on... And what meaning, or relevance, does .com have to a buyer anyway?!

With "domain hacks", however, a.k.a. branded names, there are no comparisons to be made and you are seen to own that word on the web.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  9. NameFu

NameFu Professional Design Services VIP

Lesson learned: reg both plural and singular if it's high value keyword(s) if they're they're both available. I've regretted so many times when I regged only the singular and I see someone regged the plural and have it up for sale for a fraction of my price or when I see the plural regged by someone who isn't even using it, which gives your domain a sense of uncertainty to a potential end user buyer who may be wondering if another company will develop it or not, creating a confusing situation for its future customers.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice