Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
BP plc (official styling BP p.l.c., formerly The British Petroleum Company plc and BP Amoco plc) is a British oil and gas company headquartered in London, England. It is one of the world’s seven oil and gas “supermajors”. It is a vertically integrated company operating in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and extraction, refining, distribution and marketing, power generation, and trading.

How do we find out which domain names are owned by BP plc well we use a feature called Reverse Whois Search with our partners WhoisXMLApi.com , they scan for the chosen term in this instance domain names related to the registrant email address that BP plc uses for domain registrations which are “bp domain name administration” and we get the results of over 1,157 domain names that BP plc has registered in their names.

Names that caught my eye in the portfolio are of course BP.com, Castrol.com, BPX.com, NGL, E-Fuel.com and random one like Hotels.com.HK, where registrant is Expedia but Technical Information is BP, which seems bizarre to me.

See the rest on Robbies Blog: https://robbiesblog.com/domain-names-owned-by-british-petroleum-aka-bp/11387

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BP plc (official styling BP p.l.c., formerly The British Petroleum Company plc and BP Amoco plc) is a British oil and gas company headquartered in London, England. It is one of the world’s seven oil and gas “supermajors”. It is a vertically integrated company operating in all areas of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and extraction, refining, distribution and marketing, power generation, and trading.

How do we find out which domain names are owned by BP plc well we use a feature called Reverse Whois Search with our partners WhoisXMLApi.com , they scan for the chosen term in this instance domain names related to the registrant email address that BP plc uses for domain registrations which are “bp domain name administration” and we get the results of over 1,157 domain names that BP plc has registered in their names.

Names that caught my eye in the portfolio are of course BP.com, Castrol.com, BPX.com, NGL, E-Fuel.com and random one like Hotels.com.HK, where registrant is Expedia but Technical Information is BP, which seems bizarre to me.

See the rest on Robbies Blog: https://robbiesblog.com/domain-names-owned-by-british-petroleum-aka-bp/11387
"Hotels.com.HK, where registrant is Expedia but Technical Information is BP" that is bizzare

•••
"Hotels.com.HK, where registrant is Expedia but Technical Information is BP" that is bizzare
Yeah, a real strange one...

•••
Mostly Junk compared to a lot of the others, but then again I wouldn't expect them to be experts at branding, marketing or PR for that matter :xf.laugh:

•••
I wouldn't expect them to be experts at branding, marketing or PR for that matter
I would and they definitely are. Net zero, eco friendly, "Beyond Petroleum"?

BP going on about net zero and being friends of the Earth is honestly like big tobacco getting in to vapes as a favour to smokers... it's not, they just want to get people hooked onto the next thing, the next big money maker.

•••
I would and they definitely are. Net zero, eco friendly, "Beyond Petroleum"?

BP going on about net zero and being friends of the Earth is honestly like big tobacco getting in to vapes as a favour to smokers... it's not, they just want to get people hooked onto the next thing, the next big money maker.

They may be, but it was more of an off-handed reference to the whole oil spill fiasco several years ago. :xf.laugh:

•••
random one like Hotels.com.HK, where registrant is Expedia but Technical Information is BP, which seems bizarre to me.
Sounds like an interesting blog post all on it's own?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back