Dynadot

alert Domain name was stolen from my account - MCV.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Stan123

Established Member
Impact
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I really hope you will regain your domain back, and I hope criminal(s) who stole it will "cherish" every prison meal very soon.

•••
now i remember DNB - didn't NP look in to this account back in Nov 2017 - would be good to see what the mods have on this account.

☟ This statement says otherwise

i think he was referring to DNB trying to sell it on flippa

Last edited:
•••
wrong...@Stan123 was never the owner of the domain.

Last edited:
•••
You guys are true idiots, I take my hat off to you, for being imbeciles!

Duh, he says he didn't login to his account since 6 months ago, so Network Solutions thought it was the best time to steal his domain, since they can see every time he logs in.

Network Solutions thought that by the time Stan123 notices, the domain would have been long sold by then for thousands of dollars.

when all's said and done.. the only idiot left in the room is the one who accuses without solid 100% proof.

Last edited:
•••
•••
wrong...@stan123 was never the owner of the domain.
Completely possible.

@Stan123 - Can you provide any proof of ownership? If so that would certainly help to keep the narrative moving in the right direction. You can understand receiving skepticism as I do not believe a whois history has been found with your name on it yet. (anyone please correct me if I am wrong)

I personally was just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt as there would be no purpose to make such a claim unless their intent is to discredit or hurt someone else's reputation.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
So can Virtual Estate, LLC provide any proof they purchased it? Seems the previous owner says they did not.

Is @DomainNameBroker.com banned from NPs or did they just stop visiting?

If this domain is stolen then the Flippa auction needs to be cancelled as a sale would further complicate matters.

@FlippaDomains @Daniel Errecart

•••
Well, there you go.

Looks like with that information provided @Stan123 was most probably the owner as of 7/30/17.
Why would there be two Whois details...I dont get it.....One says Virtual estate LLC is the owner and the other stanleychen...confusing.

•••
you should file police complaint. when notices will be served to all parties involved, they have to appear before law , and return your domain.

•••
Why would there be two Whois details...I dont get it.....One says Virtual estate LLC is the owner and the other stanleychen...confusing.
One is an archive of what the whois was as of 7/30/17.

The other is the live whois - who is in control now.

•••
it would be good to get @Daniel Errecart to weigh in on this issue. he may be able to provide info on who is selling or who they are representing

•••
One is more up-to-date than the other.

But still doesn't prove the OP owned it. Anyone can open an account here with the username "Stan" based on a whois search. Proof of a domain renewal receipt, or a screenshot of when the domain was in the OP's account would suffice.

Otherwise, assuming OP is indeed real former owner, looks like he logged into his NS account, found his domain missing. Last time he logged in was 6 months ago. Pleanty of time for a hacker/insider to push the domain to another NS account and then transfer it out.

•••
I am the owner of MCV.COM, I registered this domain with NetworkSolutions in 1997. And I renewed this domain until April 2019. Someone hacked into my account and did an illegal transfer to “Internet Domain Service BS Corp”. Now this domain name is not under my name anymore, Is there a legal way to get it back?

Internet.bs registrar works and gets domains.
I once registered forex.re through them and the domain was taken from someone else account. That person called me and I gave him the domain back. Don't know if he called me as a spam and I fell for it, or it was just a mistake that the registrar made.

I think you will need to contact internet.bs as well since their system is full of bugs.

•••
•••
Wasn't there a sales thread where the price of MCV.com was being lowered almost daily?

The domain changed hands on 9/24/2017

Judging by the previous contact email that used yahoo.com, I'm guessing the OP's password was compromised in one of many large email hacks, then was used to transfer the domain out by whoever did it.

There are no recorded sales of MCV.com at NameBio.

Last edited:
•••
*edit he is from ukraine facebook.com/yakov.yukhananov

•••
I'd say from Flippa's side it should be easy to verify or discredit @Stan123 's story if his phone number has not changed.

(I'd say trusting a contact from the yahoo email isn't an option since it was likely compromised and no way to prove the original person is back in control)

Question is - will they become aware of this claim before the auction closes?

Last edited:
•••
There is no proof the domain was stolen by Yakov, who has been around for more than a decade on most domain forums. Simply pointing out the date the WHOIS changed. The domain could have been stolen weeks or months earlier, and stayed dormant in the possession of the thief until they were ready to sell it. The fact that two (3?) brokers were involved, shows a desperate need to sell fast, the same with the lowering of prices. Why were those threads deleted? @Eric Lyon can recover them.

•••
While there was no WHOIS change on 8/20/2017 that's most likely the date the domain was first accessed by whoever stole it. Eg if they asked for the domain to be unlocked or the auth code, via Network Solutions.

In March 2017, the domain was renewed, presumably by the OP, until 2019. Between those two dates, there are no updates recorded in the WHOIS. All data from DomainTools.

•••
•••
•••
Well why was Yakov selling this domain, actually giving it away for dirty cheap, with bank wire payment only, refused to use escrow because of fees, even if you agreed to pay fees?

I think that statement says a lot, I agree he has been around a while, maybe he fell on hard times?

•••
That's a great question that he'd hopefully be able to answer. Brokering stolen assets isn't a badge of honor, brokers need to verify ownership etc. but overall they follow the "orders" of the seller regarding price and method of sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back