Dynadot

question Domain Name Strength Tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cfisher440

Impact
I’m wondering, are there any tools out there that will check the strength of a domain name based just on the name itself? I envision something like this giving the domain a score. Maybe between 1 and 100 with the closer to 100 you are the better the domain name is. So it’s not going to give you a monetary appraisal. It’s just a score. Would be based on a lot of various factors such as length (shorter domains get more points), dot coms get more points, domains with actual words get more points, etc…

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’m wondering, are there any tools out there that will check the strength of a domain name based just on the name itself? I envision something like this giving the domain a score. Maybe between 1 and 100 with the closer to 100 you are the better the domain name is. So it’s not going to give you a monetary appraisal. It’s just a score. Would be based on a lot of various factors such as length (shorter domains get more points), dot coms get more points, domains with actual words get more points, etc…
What are you defining as strength?

•••
•••
There are way too many factors and it depends what you want to use the domain for eg if you want to sell it, then a value appraisal from godaddy or the percentage likelyhood of selling from dotible are useful. If you want the domain for blogging then you want an existing high DA, TF and CF. If you want it for parking, then a high search volume and backlinks may be useful. Way too many factors for one tool.

•••
If someone could develop that kind of tool, that would be fantastic!

•••
Good morning.

I think that you have answered your own question. Short, actual (English) word in dotcom. Does exactly what it says on the dot.tin.

Sometimes, things are simpler than we believe, and we choose to make them more complicated.

Obviously, there are exceptions to the above-mentioned rule of thumb but if you can get as near to that as possible you have a chance to be successful.

Good luck on your journey.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
No such thing exists because its all extremely subjective and is nothing more than an opinion- not a set in stone truth. As are the standard domain evaluators that spit out a sum. What you think is strong I might think is weak etc.

Its a nice idea but valuating domains is complex, can change overnight based on trends, subject to changes the tool wouldn’t be aware of. It will always require human evaluation.

•••
Yeah this strenght can be other for other people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back