Dynadot

question Domain listed on multiple sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ajay Handa

Impact
Hi there,
This is not my situation but i generally wants to know... If a person list his domain on multiple sites for auction as Make Offer... And he gets 3 out 4 site bids all reserve amount met... Obviously he will opt high bid. In this situation can he delete the domain from rest of sites even though reserve amount is met. If it will be a problem. What is best he can do to avoid this situation. Is it better not fill Minimum amount

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a problem but seller can opt to go with the first acceptable offer or the best. Obviously, if it’s a high-value domain, there may be incentive for legal action by buyers but in most cases it’s more of an inconvenience and annoyance.

Other drawbacks:
- Maintaining prices and descriptions across marketplaces
- Losing money on a sale because your domain was sold at a lower price while being listed for higher elsewhere. (This doesn’t mean it would’ve sold for higher but still…)
- Having to remove listings from multiple marketplaces after selling a domain (if you’re scrupulous)
- Having to monitor multiple markets for domain traffic/analytics
- Having to remove listings because of marketplace exclusivity requirements
- Having to price a domain differently depending on marketplace type (wholesale, end-user) or commission rate

I’m testing different marketplaces and strategies so am experiencing most of these.

Last edited:
•••
It is a problem but seller can opt to go with the first acceptable offer or the best. Obviously, if it’s a high-value domain, there may be incentive for legal action by buyers but in most cases it’s more of an inconvenience and annoyance.

Other drawbacks:
- Maintaining prices and descriptions across marketplaces
- Losing money on a sale because your domain was sold at a lower price while being listed for higher elsewhere. (This doesn’t mean it would’ve sold for higher but still…)
- Having to remove listings from multiple marketplaces after selling a domain (if you’re scrupulous)
- Having to monitor multiple markets for domain traffic/analytics
- Having to remove listings because of marketplace exclusivity requirements
- Having to price a domain differently depending on marketplace type (wholesale, end-user) or commission rate

I’m testing different marketplaces and strategies so am experiencing most of these.
Thank you very much

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back