Dynadot

discuss Domain King prices SmartGlasses.com at over $10 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mkt Sales Leads

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buy a name from me and you get a fair price and no hype. I won't try to tell you a 100K domain is worth 10M!

•••

I own: SmartGlasss(.)com 🤔

•••
There's high value in both domains smartglass.com and smartglasses.com from a key words perspective. But I don't think in this day and age are either brandable? No. So $ 10 million dollars for a key word domain when we all know what's coming around the corner. What's that? What's around the corner? Search engines won't be key word focused, instead they will be brand focused. So key word domain names will become LESS and LESS valuable over time. That's why I don't think the D.K.'s sensational valuation will ever be met, but the publicity certainly has. That's why he's doing it. Publicity. @iTesla that does make him smart.

Last edited:
•••
There's high value in both domains smartglass.com and smartglasses.com from a key words perspective. But I don't think in this day and age are either brandable? No. So $ 10 million dollars for a key word domain when we all know what's coming around the corner. What's that? What's around the corner? Search engines won't be key word focused, instead they will be brand focused. So key word domain names will become LESS and LESS valuable over time. That's why I don't think the D.K.'s sensational valuation will ever be met, but the publicity certainly has. That's why he's doing it. Publicity. @iTesla that does make him smart.

Google has prioritised brands over end/keyword names for some time and it hasn't made the slightest difference to end/keyword sales. Companies will always want a generic/strong keyword name to accompany their more brand-centric name.

•••
"To prove how brain dead so many CEOs are, I have had very few SERIOUS inquiries SO FAR. "

Even at $3.5 million it was overpriced.

•••
"To prove how brain dead so many CEOs are, I have had very few SERIOUS inquiries SO FAR. "

Even at $3.5 million it was overpriced.
Doesn't conventional domain wisdom state that the price is whatever the buyer and/or seller believe it's worth?
If Rick sells it for over 10 million it's because he and the buyer agree the name is worth it.

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't conventional domain wisdom state that the price is whatever the buyer and/or seller believe it's worth?
If Rick sells it for over 10 million it's because he and the buyer agree the name is worth it.
If he finds that buyer. He didn't find it at $3.5M, he's less likely to find it at $10M.
Besides "smart glasses" isnt really the term anymore.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I can see 3-5 million easily for this name. The guy is a legend, he’s leaving room to negotiate with his pricing smart.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back