IT.COM

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Has anyone in here heard from @aoxborrow ?

I'm alive. I apologize for the ghosting. I'm sorry to everyone that has contacted me about duplicates names or other questions, I responded to everything I could today, let me know if I missed anything. I have been super busy putting out fires at Namebase and setting up a new team over there. I was not at all looking for a job but couldn't pass this one up.

I have no plans to sell or shut down Domain.io, it is my favourite child and I still have a million ideas and things I want to do with it. It has never stopped growing in revenue, so hopefully it can pay for its own AWS bill some day soon :D.

I do have to admit that the news of DAN joining BigDaddyCorp was a little depressing, since DAN was one of the few to actually innovate and push for transparency and cooperative networks. DAN with Afternic distribution is going to be pretty hard to compete with. Although I can't help but notice some Domain.io influence in the latest updates from DAN and Efty. :D

That said, the roadmap for Domain.io is still very clear, it just might take a little longer. I will build full-featured Bulk DNS management including redirects, with domain ownership verification via custom nameserver. That will finally address the issue with duplicate names. I will add traffic stats, financial dashboard, and all the other most requested features here:
https://domainio.nolt.io/

I'm hoping that with DAN's influence maybe we finally get a public API for Afternic (or maybe it comes through DAN), so that I can finally build the fully automated solution I've always wanted.

•••
I'm alive. I apologize for the ghosting. I'm sorry to everyone that has contacted me about duplicates names or other questions, I responded to everything I could today, let me know if I missed anything. I have been super busy putting out fires at Namebase and setting up a new team over there. I was not at all looking for a job but couldn't pass this one up.

I have no plans to sell or shut down Domain.io, it is my favourite child and I still have a million ideas and things I want to do with it. It has never stopped growing in revenue, so hopefully it can pay for its own AWS bill some day soon :D.

I do have to admit that the news of DAN joining BigDaddyCorp was a little depressing, since DAN was one of the few to actually innovate and push for transparency and cooperative networks. DAN with Afternic distribution is going to be pretty hard to compete with. Although I can't help but notice some Domain.io influence in the latest updates from DAN and Efty. :D

That said, the roadmap for Domain.io is still very clear, it just might take a little longer. I will build full-featured Bulk DNS management including redirects, with domain ownership verification via custom nameserver. That will finally address the issue with duplicate names. I will add traffic stats, financial dashboard, and all the other most requested features here:
https://domainio.nolt.io/

I'm hoping that with DAN's influence maybe we finally get a public API for Afternic (or maybe it comes through DAN), so that I can finally build the fully automated solution I've always wanted.
Unfortunately, you disappeared again. I sent you a DM on Twitter on Nov 15 and also later replied to your email asking to increase the domain limit or add a new subscription tier because I hit the maximum of 25K domains, and I can't add more domains.

DAN and Domain.io are the best things that happened to the industry, IMO. Domain.io is a paid tool now and needs more attention from you because people depend on it.

•••
I signed up again as its the best domain management tool there is. Landers are excellent, but the html body area is not recognizing the code.
I sent email week or two ago, no response.
Totally agree @Sameh

•••
Why you would take a job with NameBase when you have paying customers for Domain.io? 😐

•••
I got a 4 button set with godaddy and contact us. Turning others on and off no way I can get make offer button to appear.
I dont see it on your example website, does anyone have lander with make offer working?

Custom html box is not working, my tawk.to widget
and <script> broken <\script>
don’t work.

•••
Hi Alex, do hope your well. I fixed the issue with body/description not updating in bulk.
Wondering how daddys sales platform Dan.com and their raising of commission is going to affect our sailing commission via your landers.
We, me and my business partners, look forward to a reply

•••
•••
Hi Alex, do hope your well. I fixed the issue with body/description not updating in bulk.
Wondering how daddys sales platform Dan.com and their raising of commission is going to affect our sailing commission via your landers.
We, me and my business partners, look forward to a reply
Doran says Efty customers will still only be charged 5%, so I guess the same will apply to Domain.io:

•••
For some reason I wasn't getting updates from Namepros on this thread, so I didn't know @aoxborrow had come back. Glad to see that, hope you're doing well. 👍

•••
Doran says Efty customers will still only be charged 5%, so I guess the same will apply to Domain.io:
I don't have a ton of faith that GoDaddy will continue to allow the 5%, unfortunately. But fingers crossed, I guess. 🤞

•••
Are people still using Domain.io with the Godaddy/Dan commission updates?

I love the portfolio organization and the ability to export to upload to afternic etc.

•••
Are people still using Domain.io with the Godaddy/Dan commission updates?

I love the portfolio organization and the ability to export to upload to afternic etc.

Sales through Domain.io landers using the "Buy Now" Dan.com integration still only cost 5%. But yes, on the downside, if your domains sell on Afternic while using Domain.io landers, you pay 25% now.

•••
•••
Does Domain.io have the ability to link adsense to it's landers?

•••
Emailed support 1/15/2023 to have name move to my account in another person's account, and sent in screenshot of name at my registrars account. Emailed again a few days later.... Still no response. This makes using Domain.io difficult if we can't add names to our account.

Last edited:
•••
Emailed support 1/15/2023 to have name move to my account in another person's account, and sent in screenshot of name at my registrars account. Emailed again a few days later.... Still no response. This makes using Domain.io difficult if we can't add names to our account.
Emailed for same on 1/5. Never heard back. I have a paid subscription.

•••
Doesn't look like adsense code works. I added code and it just messed up custom html area. Real mess in that section, no ads appeared or even a blank box. Just big black box
Did manage to embed a youtube video, but it extended that block 2/3 it looks like regularly wider, so the buttons block shrunk and the entire button was not viewable.
Thank you for that question though, its good to know what can or cant be done.
@Steve Andersen are you saying its already in another domain.io account?
Does Domain.io have the ability to link adsense to it's landers?
Edit: I added the code for a display ad, I was using the generic one first. It is showing a blank area where the ad would be. I know it takes time to resolve, with no content i am not leaving on there for to much longer 20 minutes now

Last edited:
•••
@MasterOfMyDomains Yes that is what I am saying. If you catch a name on the drop, an auction, a re-reg, or via an actual purchase you can’t add to your domain.io portfolio if already in another users domain.io account.

They are using one master database with domain name as the key record identifier so domain can only be in one account. I know he mentioned he was going to resolve this last year but still no solution at this time. I don’t think he has any employees just himself so it takes a long time to get support at times.

•••
Zero support for this product.

•••
•••
They are using one master database with domain name as the key record identifier so domain can only be in one account. I know he mentioned he was going to resolve this last year but still no solution at this time. I don’t think he has any employees just himself so it takes a long time to get support at times.

Yes, it's just me, and unfortunately I've had to take a full time job so Domain.io isn't quite getting the attention it deserves. I don't intend to sell it and I have lots planned that I want to do, but progress and support will be slower in the short term. The issue with duplicate names is proving ownership – I can't allow two people to add the same domain to their account, there is only one landing page. So the best solution is using a unique 3rd nameserver to automatically prove ownership. I intended to implement this as part of revamping and improving all of the DNS infrastructure, but it will take time.

Are you still running DomainPage.io Aaron?

No, that is not my site, although it is pretty much a clone of my old site DomainHolder.io

•••
Can someone take a look and see if their google analytics are working. Mine are not
And my tawk.to widget has disappeared again. last time the code got wiped right off the system.
The widget was working earlier today

Edit: it seems i wiped the code off the templates of individual names, I added them to each name as in settings, where i replaced the code that got removed, the widget doesnt work or it would appear now.

Why doesn't it work when added to https://app.domain.io/settings#template
Everything worked good when i first signed up
By far best landers in the biz when everything works
Custom html issues in settings and google analytics not working in settings area or when added to individual name.

Last edited:
•••
Analytics are working again. Sort of.
I usually view in realtime>content or realtime>locations However thats not showing up for domain.io landers. It is showing in realtime>overview
Confirm it works realtime>content on porkbun lander as well as realtime>locations

•••
Is there a way of pointing your domain to your domain.io landing page without changing the nameservers (ns1.domain.io) of the domain name?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back