IT.COM

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys, I'm so sorry about this and my lack of updates. I really banged my head on this export issue for multiple days and could not get anything to work. It worked locally and I hadn't changed anything with exports recently. Finally it resolved itself and turned out to be an issue with Google Tag Manager that they fixed a few days ago. There is only one mention of it on the internet and it's from someone who uses the same JS library as me.
Working now perfectly for me. Thanks

•••
Guys, I'm so sorry about this and my lack of updates. I really banged my head on this export issue for multiple days and could not get anything to work. It worked locally and I hadn't changed anything with exports recently. Finally it resolved itself and turned out to be an issue with Google Tag Manager that they fixed a few days ago. There is only one mention of it on the internet and it's from someone who uses the same JS library as me.
Hi, I'm having some issues with the prices on the market.

It shows that many of my domains don't have a BIN on SEDO, while they do.

•••
The export is working for me again. Woohoo!

New problem: I have 2 domains I was trying to import but it says they are on someone else's account. How can I verify that I own them? I assume pointing nameservers to Doman.io?

•••
Hi everyone, it's possible to bulk change my prices in Afternic, Sedo and Dan from Domain.io?

Thanks

•••
Uploaded a dozen .tv’s tonight, just wanted to check it out and get a feel for it, I like it.
Only problem is, I’m trying to log in on my phone now instead of my desktop, no dice. 100% positive password is correct, did the, “forgot password”, said it sent me an email but I didn’t get one. (Checked spam too)
Not sure if there’s a bug or what, assuming I can get back into it I plan on testing a large amount of my portfolio with it.
Pretty cool and much needed resource.

•••
Can you show me demos of the different landing pages? It would be a good idea to link to landing page demos on domain.io.

•••
Php.io is owned by owner for example

•••
Sorry the landing page is very basic, it needs a lot more work. Take a look at Alter.com, BrandBucket.com or BrandPa.com landing pages for good examples.

•••
•••
do you think it needs more works : https://prnt.sc/04nG8EBK6OTZ
What do you mean by that?

Google doesn't want me to pay $28,850 for a domain. On Google you just want to perform free searches.

But when you are asking $28,850 for a domain name, then I think you need a little bit better landing page.

•••
Anyone know if there's a way to turn on SSL for a name listed on Domain.io? It's set to "No" on one of my names and I can't find a way to turn it on to "Yes."

•••
How long since you added it?
If quite while, maybe delete and re add
Takes time for his system to issue is my guess

Last edited:
•••
How long since you added it?
If quite while, maybe delete and re add
Takes time for his system to issue is my guess
It's been in the domain.io system for quite a while, but not using his DNS. Yesterday I changed the DNS to domain.io. It sees the correct DNS but SSL says "No." I guess I can try deleting and re-adding.

•••
Hi, I'm experiencing some sync issues. Sometimes Domain.io says my domains have not a BIN price on SEDO, DAN, or AFTERNIC, while they do.

Also, I would ask you when you'll let us design better landers and get insight data about views.

thanks

•••
Sorry the landing page is very basic, it needs a lot more work. Take a look at Alter.com, BrandBucket.com or BrandPa.com landing pages for good examples.
Alter Brandbucket and Brandpa are brandable domain marketplaces. Domain.io is a domain portfolio manager that also provides a landing page for quick checkout.

•••
Domain.io says Dan's commission on installment/lease sales is 9%. However, when you use Efty landing pages, Dan only charges 5% on installment sales. Does anyone have an idea as to why they are different?

•••
Domain.io says Dan's commission on installment/lease sales is 9%. However, when you use Efty landing pages, Dan only charges 5% on installment sales. Does anyone have an idea as to why they are different?
Typo?

•••
- Go to this page on DAN: https://dan.com/users/settings/profile
- Get your "Dan Distribution Network ID" from the bottom of the page.
- Add it in the correct field on this page on Domain.io: https://app.domain.io/settings#markets

Now, if a sale happened on DAN coming from your Domain.io landing page, you'll be charged a 5% commission only.

•••
Thanks Sameh, I understand that. But it specifically says on domain.io settings that the 5% only applies to Buy-Now and not for installment sales.

•••
Is your new role at Namecheap likely to affect development @aoxborrow?

Big fan of the marketplace sync so would love to see that available via Efty if you, understandably, can't continue development.

•••
•••
New role at Namecheap ??

I recently joined Namecheap/Namebase to work on decentralized domains, which has long been a major interest of mine. This shouldn't affect Domain.io too much, as I have been splitting time between it and other projects since it launched last year. I am interested in taking on a business partner though, particularly someone to help with customer support, documentation, and marketing.

•••
I recently joined Namecheap/Namebase to work on decentralized domains, which has long been a major interest of mine. This shouldn't affect Domain.io too much, as I have been splitting time between it and other projects since it launched last year. I am interested in taking on a business partner though, particularly someone to help with customer support, documentation, and marketing.

Any new feature since december ?

•••
I am interested in taking on a business partner though, particularly someone to help with customer support, documentation, and marketing.
I'm gonna shoot you an email.

•••

@aoxborrow

When will the issue with "domain was skipped because it exists in another account" be resolved?

•••
Back