IT.COM

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

@aoxborrow

When will the issue with "domain was skipped because it exists in another account" be resolved?
I also would like to know when this would be fixed. Would not be as big as an issue if you had a decent customer support system in place that could resolve these issues in a few hours (24 hours or less). But at present this is not the case.

•••
I tested domain.io last december.
Are there new features ?

•••
Hi all. Just checkin' in... any new features or updates?

•••
•••
•••
Anyone hear from @aoxborrow lately?

Sorry, been crazy busy. New features will come after I roll out some new infrastructure -- all new nameservers that can handle wildcards and larger capacity.

•••
•••
Sorry, been crazy busy. New features will come after I roll out some new infrastructure -- all new nameservers that can handle wildcards and larger capacity.
Nice. Thanks.

•••
It's been in the domain.io system for quite a while, but not using his DNS. Yesterday I changed the DNS to domain.io. It sees the correct DNS but SSL says "No." I guess I can try deleting and re-adding.
You must be using Domain.io DNS to get an SSL certificate. If you don't plan to use Domain.io landing pages, then you don't need SSL. Once the system has verified you are using our nameservers it will provision an SSL cert, usually within 3-4 hours.

Domain.io says Dan's commission on installment/lease sales is 9%. However, when you use Efty landing pages, Dan only charges 5% on installment sales. Does anyone have an idea as to why they are different?
The direct DAN checkout integration and 5% commission works for BIN prices only. The installment/lease option just takes you to the DAN lander where commission will be 9%. We will look to add better support for installment options in the future.

New problem: I have 2 domains I was trying to import but it says they are on someone else's account. How can I verify that I own them? I assume pointing nameservers to Doman.io?
You will need to email [email protected] with the domains to be moved into your account.

The planned and best solution for this is a unique 3rd nameserver correlated to your account that can be easily set from your domain registrar. This way domains already pointed to Domain.io can be automatically moved into the correct account. Using TXT records for verification wouldn't be very convenient for those already using Domain.io DNS. This is my plan, but it requires rolling out all new infrastructure for DNS, which will take time.

Thanks,
Aaron

•••
A great idea :))) OMG, how could I miss this service???? :()

A few questions before trying:

1. At least initially, would it be possible to configure just a few domains with 100% different buttons on each one? I mean individually, without any bulk stuff. Such as:

domain1.com - pure contact form

domain2.com - buy on GoDaddy, buy on NameCheap, buy on Hover. Maybe contact form just in case. Nothing more.

(The domain2 is on afternic, and I know linking structure of the desired registrars. In other words, will the system allow composing 2-3 different custom buttons "f you pay me" without showing prebuilt DAN / escrowcom buttons?

2. Can most typical setups I need, such as 2 described above, be saved as templates for the future?

3. Does the system perform any traffic blocking / filtering, showing 403 access denied or not responding at all? No problems if it does. Just want to make sure is it set. Who needs Chinese content grabbers anyway. And, it would be even desired feature to block TOR - it serves tons of bots checking for vulnerabilities, and rare human users would be unable to pay for the domain anyway (imo, no registrar in their sane mind would accept CC payment for aftermarket domain if the user is hidden under TOR).

4. I think there is no need to check the status of my domains on marketplaces at all. For example, domain1.com from the above example may be also listed on Sedo by myself. I know this. It does not mean that I necessary want to link to Sedo from the domain.io page, or to see notifications about my Sedo listing. Can I optout from this?

5. Is "listed by" name + logo obligatory? If so, would it be hardcoded on all domains I use domain.io for? I'd possibly prefer DAN-style generic "domain seller" instead, or an empty space. Yeah an unusual request maybe, but the buyers are now smart - what if they find lets say $500 BIN listing on a cheap domain, and will guess that a top makeoffer domain listed by the same owner can be also sold for $500...

6. CC numbers for rebills should be stored. Where and how? For security reasons, I'd prefer to use paypal instead. More generally, what payment methods are available?

•••
Your expiration dates are off on some of my names. I havent deleted any drops so get to see who is picking them up. Some are working, but expired ones are wonky
Need a deleted section that doesnt count towards are domain count.
Some updated 2 days ago some 1 day, some 8 hours some 17 hours ago
Your bulk refresh doesnt work, i think that was mentioned here before.
For some reason my expired .coms are showing as renewed by your system but gwhois and domaintools both show its expired, namesilo says its expired, domain.io says i have 356 days
Bet if i refresh it manually it will show correct info.
Again bulk refresh doesnt work. Do I have to manually refresh each one to display the correct info?
Expired august 18 at namesilo but yourcontrol panel shows 353 days to expiry.
I will manually refresh this name now
29 seconds to refresh and now it shows -11 days
(n)

•••
Thanks for keeping us updated @aoxborrow
Still having same issues as last post last month. Time 🪰Did you move on to bigger and brighter things?

•••
•••
News update, mods please dont use this post to start new thread in news section ty
Closed my account today, awesome landers, domain management is good with few issues but I am scaling back due to simply losing interest ty np and a limp loonie. Add 30% to all out of Canada purchases.
1.00 Canadian Dollar =

0.72832804 US Dollars

•••
Is it easy to Upgrade to Downgrade a Domain.io plan as needed? @aoxborrow

•••
Are you planning on having an Archive section we can put domains into @aoxborrow?

That way we can track spending but not see expired domains in our current account.

•••
@aoxborrow I find it annoying that I see SOLD domains in my portfolio view.

Is there a way to to put these in a different section?

•••
@aoxborrow Are you still developing domain.io?

We have not seen you in 2 months!

I added my domains yesterday and I'm still waiting for SSL, 22 hours later. Is this normal?

Google Analytics is not catching all the traffic, only a few domains are being tracked.

If you no longer intend on continuing development, please let us know, so we can find other solutions.

thanks

•••
The SSL certificates have started kicking in. The only problem is they're triggering Bitdefender with the following message:

"Your connection to this web page is not safe due to an unmatching security certificate.
This means that the certificate was issued for a different web address than the one it is being used for, and you run the risk of exposing your data by accessing this page."

edit...this seems to have corrected itself, the domains are resolving correctly.

Last edited:
•••
I've tried to contact him but he never responds. @sircc

•••
I've tried to contact him but he never responds. @sircc
That worries me a little. It's really too bad as this tool has great potential but it does need to be kept up to date with some new features.

•••
@aoxborrow - Are any of those landing page updates coming? Or no?

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back