IT.COM

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems the problem is only with a few names at Dan - not Sedo. E.g. xeoa.com and vymu.com which are mine, but listed through BrandBucket at Dan, but appear as not listed in my Domain.io account.

I have tried refreshing these listings several times and also removed and added them again, but they still show as not listed. Thanks.
Just to follow up. I found out the problem does not lie with Domain.io.

Xeoa.com, for example, does appear to be listed for sale at Dan. But when I click on the listing, it says "xeoa.com is already sold". So I guess maybe someone put the name in the cart at Dan but didn't proceed with payment. That is why is appears as not listed in my Domain.io account.

•••
Just to follow up. I found out the problem does not lie with Domain.io.

Xeoa.com, for example, does appear to be listed for sale at Dan. But when I click on the listing, it says "xeoa.com is already sold". So I guess maybe someone put the name in the cart at Dan but didn't proceed with payment. That is why is appears as not listed in my Domain.io account.
I think that means a previous owner listed as sold in their Dan account. You may have to have Dan remove sale flag from previous owner so BB can list it.

•••
I was thinking of signing up for a year, but whenever I do, it always leads me to the "Free Trial" area.

Is there is an domain number limit on the Free Trial (I assume there is), and if so, how do I just sign up for a higher-end plan?

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking of signing up for a year, but whenever I do, it always leads me to the "Free Trial" area.

Is there is an domain number limit on the Free Trial (I assume there is), and if so, how do I just sign up for a higher-end plan?
You can sign up for an account (500 domain limit for 30 day trial), then immediately upgrade to a larger plan. You don’t need to wait for the trial period to end.

•••
I think that means a previous owner listed as sold in their Dan account. You may have to have Dan remove sale flag from previous owner so BB can list it.
Thanks, but I don't think that is the case with these names. Because until last names they appeared as listed, and I think BrandBucket uses the Dan text verification to list names. So I think they were listed by BrandBucket and thereby indirectly me.

Last edited:
•••
how many sales have been through domain.io this year?

•••
Thanks, but I don't think that is the case with these names. Because until last names they appeared as listed, and I think BrandBucket uses the Dan text verification to list names. So I think they were listed by BrandBucket and thereby indirectly me.
@Embrand After reading your post I found I had two names with same issue and decided to write Dan support.

Here is their reply.

Good morning Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.
This is not a problem at all. The domains were still in the accounts of the previous sellers. I've already deleted them.

Now, you will see both of your domains for sale and only on your portfolio.

Have a great day!

•••
@Embrand After reading your post I found I had two names with same issue and decided to write Dan support.

Here is their reply.

Good morning Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.
This is not a problem at all. The domains were still in the accounts of the previous sellers. I've already deleted them.

Have a great day!

Here is their reply.

Good morning Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have a great day!
Yes, I just reached out to Dan as well and got the same response. Mystery solved :)

Last edited:
•••
how many sales have been through domain.io this year?

I don't know exactly, as the final transactions all happen on other platforms like Afternic, Sedo, Dan, Escrow.com, etc. etc. The main advantage of using Domain.io is ensuring the widest possible distribution. The only transactions I am actually privy to are those that go through the Dan integration. Currently about 30k of 150k total domains are using the landing pages.

•••
I really really want the ability to change some of the colors on the landing pages.

•••
Can you order the Marketplaces on the Lander (GD first, Dan second, etc.?) or is it ordered by default.

And if it's static, what is the default order?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Can you order the Marketplaces on the Lander (GD first, Dan second, etc.?) or is it ordered by default.

And if it's static, what is the default order?

Thanks.
You can set the order of the buttons using the up/down arrows in Settings->Buttons.
ScreenShot 2022-02-19 at 13.39.53.png

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for much for that, and sorry for asking so many questions but I can't find any documentation at all.

To me, it looks like the site just 1 page...

•••
As per the DNS TXT Authorization Code feature....

Is this an always-on setting or can you enable/disable for only new domains or selected domains then disable it when these are authorized?

I ask because of privacy concerns.

•••
Thank you for the 404 redirect. Meaning any url redirects to home page
I added couple xyz to the account last night, I BIN at afternic, but no buttons are showing yet. Been about 18 hours, it is showing in markets the price. Ok, they are in review at afternic, so explainable
No DAN button but I have a price in your system.

There is one .xyz that was added 2 weeks ago, has a BIN at afternic, but only the DAN button displays, even though its not listed at DAN.(y)
Why no buy from Daddy button, I cant figure out

Interesting with a Dan buy button as #2, a domain i havent gotten around to listing on Dan yet, is displaying a DAN button. Clicked that went to checkout page for price i had listed with Domain.io at DAN.com
Great that you can own a name, not list it at DAN, and sell it via Dan from your landing page

Need a dropped section for names. That wont count against the limit. For now they can be deleted

What is the color of the primary buy button? This is to make logo's, like to see how that would look

•••
I made errors above. Looks like the domain has to be listed at Dan, to show a Dan button.
The price displayed on lander via Domain.io dashboard, is the price that appears in the cart, when I click Dan button with a name that has no BIN at Dan.
With a BIN at Dan, it will show the button with the price domain.io picked up from Dan

The bulk edit for body/description sure saved a lot of time

•••
Hey @aoxborrow what is best way to contact you for some help / clarification...

I sent an email to [email protected] and waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

•••
@aoxborrow Any new changes, features or updates?

•••
Hey @aoxborrow what is best way to contact you for some help / clarification...

I sent an email to [email protected] and waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

This is not helping...do you have any time estimation to get back to your service users...

I can understand it's one man company but some sort of automated response should be provided with mention of tentative time to get back to customer...!

•••
This is not helping...do you have any time estimation to get back to your service users...

I can understand it's one man company but some sort of automated response should be provided with mention of tentative time to get back to customer...!

I apologize for not responding earlier, full stop. I may need to implement a support ticketing system soon. That said, I am not able to help with domain pricing or buyer negotiations.

@aoxborrow Any new changes, features or updates?

To be 100% transparent, I did take some time away to launch ENS.Tools, so feature development was on pause for a bit. The good news is, I have been looking into multiple avenues for ICANN Registrar Accreditation for Domain.io, which opens up many new possibilities for the platform. 🤯

•••
Thanks @aoxborrow .

Hope to see some more functions and quick responses...i know we will see this slowly.

•••
To be 100% transparent, I did take some time away to launch ENS.Tools, so feature development was on pause for a bit. The good news is, I have been looking into multiple avenues for ICANN Registrar Accreditation for Domain.io, which opens up many new possibilities for the platform. 🤯
Gotcha. It sounds like you've got a lot going on. Good for you, I know it's difficult being a 1-man shop. I don't need a new registrar personally, so I might move to a different landing page for a while. Please update us with any new features or changes that roll out for domain.io. Good luck! 👍

Last edited:
•••
New - Issue, how do we move names to our account if we get error did not add name because it is in another user's account. A lot of domainers are bad updating their listings on marketplaces and I guess on Domain.io too.

•••
about groups....is there another way to enter / categorize each domain into a group...

Its not possible to enter on portfolio page...and need to go to each domain page to enter group details.

that is very time consuming...any ideas ?

Thanks.

•••
about groups....is there another way to enter / categorize each domain into a group...

Its not possible to enter on portfolio page...and need to go to each domain page to enter group details.

that is very time consuming...any ideas ?

Thanks.
Just select the names you want to add to a group and click on actions tab on menu and then select group you want it will apply to all selected names

•••
Back