IT.COM

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@aoxborrow Is it possible to not show a price at all, but simply display a Contact Owner button?
Not currently. If you have a price set in Domain.io, it will be shown on the landing page. I may add this as an option for landing pages in the future, or as part of the "Not for Sale" template.

>> There is the concept of Groups. You can add domains to one group, and filter by groups. Also if you click on a group name, it automatically filters by that group.

But is it possible to link to a list of all names within a specific group? Like if I want someone to see all names within a particular category.

No, the public portfolio is feature is not yet live so it is not possible to show any domains in your account. I don't think the groups would apply there, so maybe a different concept of Portfolios or Categories could be added.

>> I plan to fix that and make the background color and text color editable. I will also introduce additional templates/themes.

Any idea when that will be? Currently the landing page seems kind of "blah", mostly dark grey or black and white.
Adding additional layouts, themes, and customization options for the current lander design is lower on priority list, so might be a month or two.
>> The button colors will likely be tied to a "theme" color.

Same question as above.

>> Yes, that is a known bug, will be fixed shortly.

Any way to be notified so we can change the settings on certain names?

>> Yes, the SSL certificates can sometimes take an hour or two to be provisioned, depending on how many new domains were added.

I'm talking about over 24 hours now and all names are still showing as Not Secure.
I am looking at the domains you added yesterday, and all the domains that are pointed at Domain.io nameservers were only recorded as "pointed" at 11am today, about 3 hours ago. That should have put them next in line to get an SSL cert created, which should have happened already. I can see that some have completed just now. Can you tell me when you updated the nameservers for xxxxxAnApartment.com?

>> It should be autoscaled to fit...

I don't think it's working. All lettering for all names seems to be the same size on mobile.

>> Can you send me an example of one that is wrapping incorrectly?

Sure, where should I send it to?

Thanks!
Thanks for the example, I see what you mean, the domain name in the body text. I'll see if going smaller than body font is the right choice here.

•••
Adding additional layouts, themes, and customization options for the current lander design is lower on priority list
What is higher on your priority list?

I answered your other questions via email.

•••
What is higher on your priority list?

I answered your other questions via email.

Individual DNS control for domains, domain redirects, additional market integrations (squadhelp, godaddy), public portfolio, cookie-less traffic analytics.

•••
Individual DNS control for domains, domain redirects, additional market integrations (squadhelp, godaddy), public portfolio, cookie-less traffic analytics.
Thanks. I know you didn't ask, but a public portfolio (with categories), a little splash of color on the landing pages, and having an option to *not* show the price is at the top of MY list. 😄

•••
Thank you. Logo added to domain name sent in pm
Also would be nice is <br> or <div>
So if I type 4 lines in, they are 4 seperate lines. You will see what i did at domain.
Line1
Line2
Line3
Line4
Is all showing Line1 Line2 Line3

How do I go back to default setting of names listed by date added?
Once I go alphabetical, I can't find a way to go back to default, and your platform always remembers the last setting.

•••
So if I type 4 lines in, they are 4 seperate lines. You will see what i did at domain.
Line1
Line2
Line3
Line4
Yes! I totally agree. And a slightly larger font for the custom text area would be nice. It's pretty small right now.

Last edited:
•••
I am making a button for lease to own. Link goes to https://dan.com/buy-domain/*********.xyz
Since i have 2 button set, and my main one is Buy at Godaddy, second Dan, adding custom buy button bumps the Dan one off the page, but thats ok, as the custom installments one goes to Dan, and the custom one becomes your main button.

I added a url in Website area, but didn't see it display anywhere.
Thanks for the ******.xyz/?nocache
That is a time saver too, when doing updates.

Listed By
Sales@YourBusinessURL (add telephone number)

Multiple ways to contact seller or bin or lease to own, or talk to godaddy sales rep.

Edit was trying to break that link used as example

Last edited:
•••
@aoxborrow - Currently we can use {domain} to automatically insert the domain name into the Headline. It would be nice if we could also use {domain} to insert the domain name into the Body / Description. Would that be difficult to implement?

•••
I was adjusting a name, and only the Dan button and contact owner were showing.
No godaddy. I have a 2 button set up. Upon further review, the make offer is turned off for all domains, but it was turned on for this name, by default i guess, and that was preventing the godaddy button from displaying.
Turning off the make offer and installments settings, the godaddy button is appearing now.
Dan Godaddy Contact Owner
Never did show make offer as it is controlled in main area first.

I emailed you with several other issues like "how are we doing "in top right, does not show on mobile.
No nameservers on mobile in domains area
Adding a logo now, there are blank spots on both sides, so width issue.
Still the ultimate tool, you didnt build it to make money, it was built to make time

•••
Thank you. Logo added to domain name sent in pm
Line1
Line2
Line3
Line4
I've updated it so you can use <br> for new lines in the description.

How do I go back to default setting of names listed by date added?
Once I go alphabetical, I can't find a way to go back to default, and your platform always remembers the last setting.
The column to the far right is "Added" which is the default sort. Or to reset everything you can log out and log back in.

•••
@aoxborrow - Currently we can use {domain} to automatically insert the domain name into the Headline. It would be nice if we could also use {domain} to insert the domain name into the Body / Description. Would that be difficult to implement?

I added the ability to use {domain} and <br> tags in the description. Also made the font size slightly bigger.

ScreenShot 2022-02-08 at 02.46.05.png

No nameservers on mobile in domains area
I made all columns visible on mobile.

•••
•••
I would like to use the landers for more of my domain, but I am waiting for the DAN Lease to Own button to be implemented.

I also think it would be great if we could choose which marketplaces to show. Some people might not list names at Sedo, for example.

•••
•••
Make your own custom button and direct it to
https://dan.com/buy-domain/*****.com and if you have installments set up, both BIN and installments option should be on that page. Easy to do
I would like to use the landers for more of my domain, but I am waiting for the DAN Lease to Own button to be implemented.

I also think it would be great if we could choose which marketplaces to show. Some people might not list names at Sedo, for example.

•••
Make your own custom button and direct it to
https://dan.com/buy-domain/*****.com and if you have installments set up, both BIN and installments option should be on that page. Easy to do
Thanks, I have also done that. But then the installment button will show for all names listed at DAN, and I have some names listed at DAN that do not offer installments. It seems like you cannot remove the custom button from individual domains.

Also, it would be nice to have a button with the same layout (logo) as the standard DAN button. But still a great and good-looking lander I think.

•••
•••
Custom buy button is available for individual names in settings

Last edited:
•••
The <br>
issue has been resolved. Looks great. You updated all my nameservers in dashboard while i slept. Thanks!

•••
I am beginning to have some names that do not update in the Markets section. The names are definitely listed for sale, but no longer appear as listed at Sedo and DAN.

I tried deleting the names and adding them again, but it didn't help. Maybe it is some kind of cache?

•••
You can select and individually refresh market prices. Deleting and re-adding them is not any faster than refreshing. Can you tell me some of the names?

•••
You can select and individually refresh market prices. Deleting and re-adding them is not any faster than refreshing. Can you tell me some of the names?
It seems the problem is only with a few names at Dan - not Sedo. E.g. xeoa.com and vymu.com which are mine, but listed through BrandBucket at Dan, but appear as not listed in my Domain.io account.

I have tried refreshing these listings several times and also removed and added them again, but they still show as not listed. Thanks.

•••
What is the color code of the primary button?
Also it says i have had 3 leads in 30 days but only conversed with one person. I click that box and i go to
https://app.domain.io/domains?sort=leads&status=forsale
Which does show the name that got the inquiry first but no info on it. I am unaware of other leads

•••
What is the color code of the primary button?
Also it says i have had 3 leads in 30 days but only conversed with one person. I click that box and i go to
https://app.domain.io/domains?sort=leads&status=forsale
Which does show the name that got the inquiry first but no info on it. I am unaware of other leads

It looks like the other two inquiries were you just testing the form. There is one from your primary email and one from the same email with .CA ending. I will be adding a UI for leads so you can see exactly what they were.

•••
That makes sense. Thank you

•••
Back