Dynadot

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I've reduced the subscription pricing significantly across all plans, some as much as 60%. I migrated all existing subscriptions to the new cheaper pricing. This is part of a larger strategy to scale the service and move towards more usage-based pricing, with free/pro tiers.

The major development I finally completed is the complete revamp of DNS infrastructure. It will allow me to do all the neat things that were blocked before, like NS3 owner verification nameserver, fast SSL certs, full custom DNS support. When you use the ns1.domain.io nameservers, it shows a parking page immediately, the old system had an annoying delay. Now you can update DNS records across 100k domains in a few minutes. PowerDNS 🤌

I have have changed and improved the parking checks. I just fixed some issues that were causing some checks not to complete, so feel free to refresh all your domains. Now it will try to determine what parking service you are using based on nameservers. It will check if your domain is live and responding, check if SSL is working, check if DNSSEC is enabled, and show if your lander redirects. These all are checked regardless if your domain is parked at Domain.io. So it's more useful for finding domains across your entire portfolio that aren't working correctly. I plan to flag these and other issues like expired domains to more easily surface them. Yes, most checks are on 24/hrs, although it's more frequent (every few hours) in the first few days after adding a domain to catch any changes.

Making the domain column stationary would be nice. I also plan to add settings for what columns and page size, etc. And of course finally ship the Public Portfolio/white label market, new Template features, AI goodies, Sales/Financial dashboard, etc. etc. Got big plans! :D

Totally gnarly dude. I see the column showing where the domain is parked is starting to populate.
Not picking up on the .ca yet.
Online column, I guess your system runs a check ever so often. once per 24 hours
I really would like to see the domains column stationary , so when I scroll right to see all the columns, even as far as nameservers, I cant see the domain name. High priority with so many columns
Template, says use bulk for existing domains. There is still only 1 template and another member and i had a vote and its unanomous, need more customization background colors or add image.
I did add a logo to a lander today, I remember sizing issues before but it looks as sweet as it tasted

Site: domain name search at google is 10/10
I counted how many letters google puts in description, and nailed that perfectly with the body/description area content I can add in bulk or individually for each name.

Tried to manually refresh a .ca to see if parking spots would fill up. Nope. Says last checked one week
Tried with .xyz manual refresh did work, last checked 8s ago
One .ca is still running its course, but i do see redirects for .ca working, not all.

Well... I could have saved us a lot of time by checking the box next to domains, highlighting the entire list and doing a bulk refresh dns. That filled in all the blanks i think, the scrolling right and left all the time making me a tad dizzy so close shop for the night and see how nice and shiny it looks in the morning.
More high quality search engine optimized original content by the master himself I hope this helps

Last edited:
•••
Doran says Efty customers will still only be charged 5%, so I guess the same will apply to Domain.io:
I don't have a ton of faith that GoDaddy will continue to allow the 5%, unfortunately. But fingers crossed, I guess. 🤞

•••
Thanks, but I don't think that is the case with these names. Because until last names they appeared as listed, and I think BrandBucket uses the Dan text verification to list names. So I think they were listed by BrandBucket and thereby indirectly me.
@Embrand After reading your post I found I had two names with same issue and decided to write Dan support.

Here is their reply.

Good morning Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.
This is not a problem at all. The domains were still in the accounts of the previous sellers. I've already deleted them.

Now, you will see both of your domains for sale and only on your portfolio.

Have a great day!

•••
@DomainRecap said
Any other sales marketplace or system I've ever used requires you to drop any domain you sold or no longer own. It's just common sense.

So false ^
Wrong. Incorrect. I would prove that beyond any reasonable doubt but its not the time and this thread not place.

I think you're having difficulty with vocabulary, as every marketplace I use (Dan, Sedo,. GD, Afternic) does REQUIRE you to drop domains you have sold (there is even a popup or reminder on most to "delete your listings on other marketplaces" and places like Sedo will punish you if you leave a BIN on a sold domain and it gets hit) but that is not the same thing as "LOTS OF BRAINLESS HAMMERHEADS DO NOT DELETE THEM".

Clear?

And even then you can get them deleted and added to your account, either through a Authorization Code or sending WHOIS proof to their support team.

And yes Mr Naïve, people track others all the time - I see threads on other forums all the time where users are trying to find out who owns what, tracing Google IDs, trying to find sale prices on certain domains, using Bots to track sales and changes in WHOIS, etc. and it seems like Domain.io may be one of their prime tools in accomplishing this goal.

The problem seems to be that Domain.io started as a portfolio management system, then morphed into a place where you can conduct sales, but no work was done to tailor the old system with what is required of the new.

It's patently insane to have a Marketplace and then tell the legal owners of domains that they can't list it because some guy who owned it 5 years ago is still tracking it. WTF?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Has anyone in here heard from @aoxborrow ?

I'm alive. I apologize for the ghosting. I'm sorry to everyone that has contacted me about duplicates names or other questions, I responded to everything I could today, let me know if I missed anything. I have been super busy putting out fires at Namebase and setting up a new team over there. I was not at all looking for a job but couldn't pass this one up.

I have no plans to sell or shut down Domain.io, it is my favourite child and I still have a million ideas and things I want to do with it. It has never stopped growing in revenue, so hopefully it can pay for its own AWS bill some day soon :D.

I do have to admit that the news of DAN joining BigDaddyCorp was a little depressing, since DAN was one of the few to actually innovate and push for transparency and cooperative networks. DAN with Afternic distribution is going to be pretty hard to compete with. Although I can't help but notice some Domain.io influence in the latest updates from DAN and Efty. :D

That said, the roadmap for Domain.io is still very clear, it just might take a little longer. I will build full-featured Bulk DNS management including redirects, with domain ownership verification via custom nameserver. That will finally address the issue with duplicate names. I will add traffic stats, financial dashboard, and all the other most requested features here:
https://domainio.nolt.io/

I'm hoping that with DAN's influence maybe we finally get a public API for Afternic (or maybe it comes through DAN), so that I can finally build the fully automated solution I've always wanted.

•••
I'm alive. I apologize for the ghosting. I'm sorry to everyone that has contacted me about duplicates names or other questions, I responded to everything I could today, let me know if I missed anything. I have been super busy putting out fires at Namebase and setting up a new team over there. I was not at all looking for a job but couldn't pass this one up.

I have no plans to sell or shut down Domain.io, it is my favourite child and I still have a million ideas and things I want to do with it. It has never stopped growing in revenue, so hopefully it can pay for its own AWS bill some day soon :D.

I do have to admit that the news of DAN joining BigDaddyCorp was a little depressing, since DAN was one of the few to actually innovate and push for transparency and cooperative networks. DAN with Afternic distribution is going to be pretty hard to compete with. Although I can't help but notice some Domain.io influence in the latest updates from DAN and Efty. :D

That said, the roadmap for Domain.io is still very clear, it just might take a little longer. I will build full-featured Bulk DNS management including redirects, with domain ownership verification via custom nameserver. That will finally address the issue with duplicate names. I will add traffic stats, financial dashboard, and all the other most requested features here:
https://domainio.nolt.io/

I'm hoping that with DAN's influence maybe we finally get a public API for Afternic (or maybe it comes through DAN), so that I can finally build the fully automated solution I've always wanted.
Unfortunately, you disappeared again. I sent you a DM on Twitter on Nov 15 and also later replied to your email asking to increase the domain limit or add a new subscription tier because I hit the maximum of 25K domains, and I can't add more domains.

DAN and Domain.io are the best things that happened to the industry, IMO. Domain.io is a paid tool now and needs more attention from you because people depend on it.

•••
Thanks for the awesome write-up for what looks like a well crafted and useful product (I have not tried it yet). I think many of the best products come from someone seeing a need personally, and then create a product in response, as you have.

Three questions:
(1) I understand the bulk upload process at start. So I get just one or two new names, do I still use bulk upload, and do I replace my entire set again (or do marketplaces not like that).
(2) Do you have any intentions of adding Namecheap Market, or not sure if possible as not sure they allow bulk upload?
(3) Does the portfolio page show if names are Fast Transfer enabled at Afternic or Sedo.

Thanks again for starting thread, creating product, and clear description.

Best wishes for success.

Bob

PS It is just sensitive me, but for professional appearance I would rename the buy direct button.
Hi Bob,

Thank you for the kind words and thoughtful questions. Sorry I didn't see this message sooner! Some answers:

1. Two of the current three markets (Afternic and Sedo) support a type of "reconciliation" upload, where you can upload your entire portfolio and only the changes are used. So that means domains that have been marked Sold in Domain.io will be removed from your listings (as they are excluded from the export), and new or changed domains will be updated. How often you do this depends on your sales volume and preference. Some users do it almost daily because they have large portfolios (e.g. 10k+) that are changing frequently. For me it depends on how many domains need to change and if they are new additions or sales. If I sell one domain and don't have any other pending changes, it is still faster to just go login and delete the domain from the 3 marketplaces rather than exporting and uploading the spreadsheets. But usually for adding any number of domains with pricing, or any combination of adding and deleting , I use the spreadsheet upload to ensure the pricing and capitalization is consistent with what I have in Domain.io. Also, you can set per-market price adjustments so for example you might price Afternic 10% higher than Dan, and for this reason you might always use the spreadsheets just to avoid pricing inconsistencies.
ScreenShot 2022-01-03 at 20.33.41.png

2. The next markets I plan to support are Squadhelp (Premium and Standard via API) and probably GoDaddy (Premium Listings), but I have watched the Namecheap Market launch with interest. They do offer API access, with each customer getting their own API key (which is great for 3rd party integrations like mine), but unfortunately the API is geared mostly towards bidding on auctions, so it wouldn't allow the type of full automation of listings that would be ideal for sellers. (Also, it is only @namecheap domains as far as I know!). Their regular registrar API may handle the listing end, but so far I have tried to avoid direct registrar integrations that could open security concerns. If there is enough demand I would be happy to add this market, even if it is only price monitoring to start.

3. With Sedo I am working to to be able to manage a seller's entire portfolio including SedoMLS Premium status (fast transfer). So the answer is not yet, but it will come in the next few months. With @Afternic, currently I am just scraping their listing page and I'm not able to tell if a domain is fast transfer from there. I am hoping to get direct API access from them that would indicate this, BUT adding the GoDaddy Market will be something of a workaround in the meantime. As part of the @GoDaddy listing status it will check if the domain is in the "register flow" of GoDaddy, which would indicate Fast Transfer as you and @Joe Styler so helpfully pointed out in the comments on this Twitter thread:

BTW I enjoyed your accounting strategy thread. I have asked many domainers to share their portfolio spreadsheets so I can learn from their process, and I envy the level of detailed record keeping that I have seen. I plan to bring that fine level of accounting to Domain.io with a full financial dashboard down the road.
https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-name-portfolio-record-keeping.1261690/

•••
If they had a free feature for 50 domains that would be great

So there is a free plan for 100 domains on DomainHolder.io (the predecessor to Domain.io), but I found that it was often used to host borderline domains like copyrighted stuff and keywords banned from other markets e.g. coronavirus/covid-19. IMHO, if you have less than 50 domains, you probably don't have a huge need for Domain.io, and if you do have close to 50 valuable domains, then the 100 domain plan is only $79/year, or about $6.50 per month -- not exactly pricey!

But the main reason I chose not to do free plans is that the frequent market checks require server resources that aren't "effectively free" like a hosted landing page with limited traffic is. The marketplaces like Afternic rate limit how often they allow scraping, so total throughput is finite. I didn't want a large amount of free domains taking up resources that could go to making paying users' experience better. I may change my mind in the future, and 50 domains seems like a more reasonable cap, but no plans at the moment.

Last thing I'll add is that you can do a trial for 30 days for up to 500 domains, which should be plenty of time to get your pricing in order and market listings cleaned up. At the moment, nothing is stopping you from deleting your account when the trial ends and opening another account later on. (Deleting your account deletes everything, which means you can register again with the same email.) Although if somebody starts abusing this heavily, I will put something in place to prevent it.

•••
Just am trying this..
I list on UNI for all my domains as I get to interact with the buyer and make my own deals, even tho they are still part of GD, I definitely sell more names there than Afternic, Sedo and Dan which I tried for 3 months.

Any chance you could add UNI

I have a rep with Sedo that just adds my names when I email her so the txt in the domain does not matter to me on that,
Still looking at everything and it seems really simple and fast
Nice Job

Last edited:
•••
Is it possible to configure the landers to pay in installments via Dan?
Not currently, but it is high on my list to implement.

I am going with 2 BIN buttons, does that mean using daddy and Dan leaves no space for make offer button?
I guess a paypal button would be hard to create
You can control the "Max Buttons" limit in the Settings -> Buttons section, up to 7 buttons(!). I don't believe the make offer button counts towards this limit.

I'm a little weary of building direct payment integrations (like Paypal and Stripe) as that potentially puts me in the middle of a dispute between buyer and seller. I think I will build these later on, but possibly require a certain level of subscription to enable them. That level subscription will also allow full white-labeled everything, with no Domain.io branding anywhere.

Any chance you could add UNI
Uniregistry platform is going away, will be absorbed into Godaddy this year. So not planning to build anything for Uniregistry at this time.

•••
Hi Dane, thanks for trying it out.

1. Can we set up Categories for our Portfolio? And is it possible to link to a list of all names within a specific Category?
There is the concept of Groups. You can add domains to one group, and filter by groups. Also if you click on a group name, it automatically filters by that group.

2. Can we remove the "DOMAIN PARKING BY DOMAIN.IO" from the bottom of every page?
Not currently, but possibly in the future. Right now it is helpful for me to grow the business and get SEO links and referrals to Domain.io. Unlike other branded landing pages, there is no marketplace at Domain.io so there is no harm in customers potentially clicking through.

3. Can we change the background color of the large area behind the domain name? Currently it's black (or dark grey).
For logos it tries to pull the most common background color and uses that, although it doesn't always work perfectly. I plan to fix that and make the background color and text color editable. I will also introduce additional templates/themes.

4. Can we change the color of the buttons? (the Contact Us button currently has no color)
The button colors will likely be tied to a "theme" color.

5. I found a bug. If we choose to display both the Make an Offer and the Contact Owner buttons, only the Make an Offer button works. When the Contact Owner button is clicked it shows the Make an Offer form, NOT the Contact Owner form. Can that be fixed?
Yes, that is a known bug, will be fixed shortly.

6. The instructions say that the landing pages are SSL but so far mine are not. Does that just take time, or ??
Yes, the SSL certificates can sometimes take an hour or two to be provisioned, depending on how many new domains were added.

7. Would it be possible to adjust the font-size ON MOBILE for domain names that are too long to fit on one line?
It should be autoscaled to fit, and only wrap if it is just super long. Can you send me an example of one that is wrapping incorrectly?

•••
Ya right. The above statement is false
Not gonna go into details otherwise we would have big butt hurt.
True anyone could list and maybe drop listers are using domain.io
One of my 3 recent drops did get picked up so I deleted it.
Give Aaron a chance to come on and he will fix the old listing issue.
Put a bin on your dan landers

Could you please say that in English.

Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about or who you are referring to. If you say that the "statement is false" then please quote exactly which statement you are referring to.

Most of my comments were in response to this one:

The issue with not being able to add names that are in another user's account is really becoming a problem now.

If you cannot manage your complete portfolio, then the whole purpose is lost.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, so ownership verification is somewhat tricky. You can refer to Afternic asking you to send (easily faked) registrar screenshots to prove domain ownership for the past decade(s) as evidence of that.

First I'll explain why TXT verification is necessary, but not always convenient. If a domainer is using DAN landers, they'll have their nameservers set to ns1.dan.com, ns2.dan.com. If another domainer buys the domain and also wants to use DAN landers, they most likely won't change the nameservers. In order to prove ownership with a TXT record, the new owner would need to temporarily change nameservers to say their registrars', set the unique ownership TXT record, wait for verification, then change the nameservers back to ns1.dan.com to use the landers. So while useful, it's not something you want to be doing for hundreds of domains with any frequency. This was part of the motivation behind building the bulk TXT record capabilities of Domain.io, so that you can verify ownership on multiple marketplaces automatically when using our nameservers.

To be clear, all domain platforms (including Domain.io!) should offer TXT verification because not everyone will be using their nameservers. You should be able to verify ownership without changing nameservers.

Small aside, even setting the ownership TXT record for DAN will not automatically move the domain into your account if it is already in the DAN system (this requires 3rd nameserver or contacting support). I am not sure why exactly this is, but Sedo does a better job and will correctly and quickly approve the domain in your account with only TXT record verification. And of course Afternic does not have any automated owner verification system, as it seems they prefer to waste everyone's time rather than paying for development.

For handling conflicts where the name is pointed to the platform's nameservers, the best solution is using a unique identifier in the nameservers, because it lets the domainer make one change at the registrar level, and then the landing page platform can handle the rest. I first saw this on Above.com (see attached), not sure if they pioneered it but props to whomever thought of it first. Dan.com started with TXT verification and added the unique 3rd nameserver sometime in the last year or two I believe.

For Domain.io, I will be making a series of changes to address domain ownership. First, I will begin allowing duplicate names but add an ownership flag. Like other platforms, the first person who adds the domain will be considered the owner. If the domain sells and the new owner adds the same domain to the system, their ownership will be "Unconfirmed" until they verify ownership using either TXT record or Domain.io nameservers with a unique ID. Once that happens the ownership flag will automatically be assigned to the new owner (no existing data about the domain is ever moved to the new record, they are completely separate records). The previous owner's instance of the domain will be changed to "Unconfirmed".

In the scenario where the previous owner has already marked the domain SOLD, the new owner adding the domain to the platform will be assigned ownership as if it was any other newly added domain. This won't require any special ownership verification. The previous owner's instance of the domain will be changed to "Unconfirmed", while retaining their accounting data.

(Note: hopefully market integrations can continue to improve so that domains getting marked sold will become more automated.)

In the scenario where the previous owner has not yet marked the domain sold, the new owner will either need to verify ownership using one of the aforementioned methods, or can reach out to support and I will assign the ownership manually. The seller's instance of the domain will change to "Unconfirmed", but it is up to them to mark the domain sold. I will leave it to the seller because this is usually when you want to record the Gross/Net Sale Price and Sales Venue (coming later). The system will notify previously confirmed owners when ownership of a domain has changed, similar to the "Account Maintenance" emails from Sedo.

I want to explain why Domain.io can safely have many records of the same domain across multiple user accounts, even though that won't be common. Domain.io does not currently offer any central marketplace. For the general public, the only way to "view" a domain is the landing page directly hosted on the domain for sale. The landing page is only shown if the domain is pointed to Domain.io nameservers and if the domain is marked "For Sale". Soon there will be the Public Portfolio page, which is a brandable page showing domains from the seller's portfolio. Sellers have total control over whether this is enabled and which domains are shown. Only domains with "Confirmed" ownership will be shown. This means domains must either be pointing to Domain.io nameservers or have completed TXT/nameserver verification to be shown on the seller's public portfolio.

Finally, I will just add that while it's technically true that Domain.io could be used to monitor the prices of some domains of interest, it doesn't give anyone access to any data that isn't already publicly available at Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. Also it should be noted that Domain.io requires a paid subscription after 30 days. If someone is literally paying to check the prices on your domains, they are more likely a potential buyer than anything nefarious.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-02 19.31.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-02 19.31.48.png
    185 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
•••
@aoxborrow Are you still developing domain.io?

We have not seen you in 2 months!

I added my domains yesterday and I'm still waiting for SSL, 22 hours later. Is this normal?

Google Analytics is not catching all the traffic, only a few domains are being tracked.

If you no longer intend on continuing development, please let us know, so we can find other solutions.

thanks

•••
•••
•••
If they had a free feature for 50 domains that would be great

•••
I am going to set up an account today. Solid maybe.
1. is the text in the description area editable?
2. Can we use CAD the beloved loonie for .ca?
3. Does your control panel show registrar? Doron has me hooked on efty. Addicted for 6 years. He has some amazing features, but lacks other " things" i like. I only save $1 per month switching.

I see the description under price is what gets indexed in gooogle.
Really would like to display my .ca in CAD to be frank, thats what Canadians expect.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but when you click buy now using Dan button, if you click back, page wont reload proper.I have Dan button on efty pages, I tried to replicate, as I get same checkout page, but it works fine via efty lander

1. Yes the description is editable now, and will support more advanced formatting and HTML/JS/CSS snippets in the future.

2. Currently the system supports USD, EUR, GBP, because those are the currencies supported by Sedo and Dan aftermarkets. (Afternic only supports USD). So pricing it in CAD would mean I would need to convert it before exporting your listings or for integrations with Dan for example. This is possible, but it may lead to some confusion with buyers when they see CAD on the landing page and USD on the checkout. I would like to support more currencies in the future, just not a lot of demand right now.

3. Yes, tracking Registrar, nameservers, and expiration date is a main feature.

I did a quick test at PHP.IO and the back button worked fine when you are presented with the first page of the Dan checkout process, you can hit back and return to the landing page.

•••
@James Rayers I see in his opening post a lease options button.
I think that would be under create your own button, and link to https://dan.com/buy-domain/{domain}
Looks like an integration is coming soon.
Spent my whole day working on domain.io
Only changed several nameservers few days ago, but added my portfolio via efty.
Found an error i had added ******.ca at afternic it is a .com
Changed all my listings at sedo, afternic and dan to same price and bin only. I seem to have issues when i use make offer will discuss in pm.

Overall, this system is a Ferrari. So domainer friendly, easy to edit on mobile. Way easier to do edits and mange my portfolio than efty. Plain Jain with everything you need.
It was fun seeing the price discrepancies, Dan was always cheaper.
I am going with 2 BIN buttons, does that mean using daddy and Dan leaves no space for make offer button?
I guess a paypal button would be hard to create

Tons of potential here, just getting domainers to pay $10 or more a month is like selling a domain to a realtor. I am in, but I would like a not for sale landing page

Also see what pages you are hitting to do the updates in control panel area. Very interesting, blew my numbers up at sedo lol, but not at dan..

•••
Also see what pages you are hitting to do the updates in control panel area. Very interesting, blew my numbers up at sedo lol, but not at dan..

Aye, I am aware of this and it is unfortunate side effect of scraping prices. For Sedo we will be able to roll out full API integration in a few months which avoids scraping.

•••
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

Show attachment 206982

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

Show attachment 206983

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

Show attachment 206984

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

Show attachment 206985

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

Show attachment 206986
Show attachment 206987

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
Show attachment 206988

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

@aoxborrow , I signed up today few hours ago but haven't gotten any verification email as of now, checked SPAM and also tried to get verification email by clicking Resend button but still no email. Also sent an email to your support.

•••
@aoxborrow , I signed up today few hours ago but haven't gotten any verification email as of now, checked SPAM and also tried to get verification email by clicking Resend button but still no email. Also sent an email to your support.
Sorry for the email issues, I have activated your account. My email provider Mailgun says the emails were delivered without issue, so not sure what happened.

•••
oooh... gotta try this one...

•••
Back