Established Member
Impact
Help me to choose a name:

addressdot.com
or
Wholesale-Sales.com

Please / Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

addressdot.com
or
Wholesale-Sales.com

Please / Thank you!
I would find a better name than those two..

•••
•••
•••
I need reg-fee name..
thoughts about DynaDot.com name..

If you ask me what is the least you like between the domain names of domain registrars, it would probably be dynadot dot com, I think their success has nothing to do with their domain name but their content and services.

If you want a good domain, you should probably take a look at aftermarket. But if you need reg.fee domain only, you might have a better chance with new gTLDs. but consider the renewal costs.

•••
Addressdot.com seems to be taken? Not sure if you regged it yourself but it ain't all that bad.

Don't go for a ngtld. Stick with a dotcom. There are some options available if you are creative or look hard enough.

•••

addressdot.com
or
Wholesale-Sales.com

Please / Thank you!
Both are bad. The "dot dot" is just awkward. The hyphenated sales domain seems redundant and not descriptive of whatever it is you are selling.

•••
Don't go for a ngtld. Stick with a dotcom.

Well I wouldn't say that to someone who has 1 .com and 3 other domains with different tlds in their signature.

If he needs a dot com domain, than looking at aftermarket would be a wiser choice for him imho.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well I wouldn't say that to someone who has 1 .com and 3 other domains with different tlds in their signature.
98% of my portfolio are .coms
I like new tlds as well but I can't find any good .domains

•••
•••
98% of my portfolio are .coms
I like new tlds as well but I can't find any good .domains

Well I think this is the case now. Most of the good domains are mostly taken in any extension, like couple of years back it was way easier to hand reg. good new gTLD with no high renewal but each year it gets harder as its possible.

•••
You’re just rarely going to find a great dot com domain for reg fee but if that’s all you’re willing to pay then you must settle for low hanging fruit.

•••
I think it depends on what you are trying to do with the domain name. Are you creating a site to list your domains for sale to the general public? Are you going to develop your own website or forward to some marketplace? If creating your own website, do you want to rank in Google? Are you looking to create a brand for your self as a domain sales expert or do you want to offer other services? Are you going to include advertising - like Google AdSense or some other integration?

In any case, I would not recommend using a hyphen. I also would not use anything other than .com. The name addressdot, if marketed well with a good logo, could end up being very successful. Good luck!

•••

If he needs a dot com domain, than looking at aftermarket would be a wiser choice for him imho.

You could be right... I dunno. When someone is trying to sell 'premium domains' and is using a ngtld himself that just doesn't add up in my book. Not even when he's selling mosty ngtlds.

There are probably just a handfull of really great domains in the ngtld namespace that would be perfect for a domain portfolio but I bet they're already registered or being sold as a premium by the registry. But you know, each to his own I suppose.

For me it's also a practical thing. The more people you can attract to your portfolio the higher chances are of selling a domain. End users (the majority) don't recognise them or are not aware of a lot of new tlds so they're more likely to skip your site and check out your competitor.

Like, if you did a google search and #1 would be domains.forsale and #2 would be domainmaket.com. The second domain would look more credible to a broader audience so they'd be inclined to visit #2. I for one would. Just my opinion ofcourse and the future may prove me wrong :)

•••
I think it depends on what you are trying to do with the domain name. Are you creating a site to list your domains for sale to the general public? Are you going to develop your own website or forward to some marketplace? If creating your own website, do you want to rank in Google? Are you looking to create a brand for your self as a domain sales expert or do you want to offer other services? Are you going to include advertising - like Google AdSense or some other integration?

In any case, I would not recommend using a hyphen. I also would not use anything other than .com. The name addressdot, if marketed well with a good logo, could end up being very successful. Good luck!
Thank you very much!

•••
A few below that have expired - mostly .co though, check out expireddomains.net and you can put in your search parameters and see if anything crops up that you like

DomainService.co
DomaInexpert.co
DomainSolutions.co
ProDomain.org
DomainSpace.co
SellingDomains.org
DomainPlace.co

EDIT: Also take at look at Godaddy's closeouts

Last edited:
•••
Maybe brandable?
The word direct associated with business … Direct sales is the process of selling products..
upload_2018-10-15_0-29-9.png

•••
spend some money on a good name. if the name of your portfolio isnt good, it give a bad first impression if you are trying to sell name within the portfolio.

•••
Definitely need to find a better domain.
OR buy one on the aftermarket.
What I find funny is that domainers want to sell domains for $$$$ to end users, but they themselves don't want to spend any money on the aftermarket for their needs.

That being said, I don't think you really need a portfolio. If you have names that people want, then they will find you by typing in the domain. Just make sure it resolves to a proper landing page with a contact form.
End users don't need to browse portfolios to come up with branding ideas.

•••

addressdot.com
or
Wholesale-Sales.com

Please / Thank you!

How about a creative typo.
DomainProfolio:xf.cool:
DomainProfolio.net
DomainProfolio.org
They are all still available.

Btw, I always think it was profolio but one day it changed to portfolio. :dead:
Someone said this word is affected by Mandela effect:ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
There are plenty of decent .com domains for domain portfolios always available for reg fee, that said I 100% agree that if you are serious about selling others on the idea of investing in brand domain, you need to be willing to invest in a domain yourself. You also need to be able to find great domains.

These are all available in .com and just the tip of the iceberg.

NameNatural
NameGang
NameEssence
HeavenlyName
NameOriginal
NameOmega
ExceptionalName
NameFavorite
NamePremiere
NameDreaming
MarvelousName
EverlastingName
NameAllstar

•••
A lot of great opinions and ideas expressed already in this thread (I think my like button might get worn out :xf.wink:). I am not keen on either name suggested, and urge you to look further. Here are my thoughts.
  1. You have probably already done this, but consider what your personal brand will be prior to selecting a name. If someone were to summarize in one sentence what service you offer, what would it say? If you are going to go for high value domains to major companies, your own domain name should be in that class. If you plan to sell at $$ to low $$$ end to one-person operations then something else may be appropriate.If you plan to be conservative, only legacy and don't go for a cute name. If you want to appeal to highly creative branding companies then a more edgy name makes sense.
  2. I agree with @Kate that you may not yet need a domain name and website, even though I am a big believer in your own website. If you have a handful of domains, without a clear central theme, better just to list them on marketplaces and use landers such as Undeveloped that look nice and professional.
  3. Re ngTLD I think that route makes sense if (but only if) you plan to handle a significant number of ngTLDs. If you do sell ngTLDs I think it is incongruent to yourself use a com and try to convince others that a ngTLD makes sense. If you have a mix, you can go either way.
  4. You may not know your future plans that well (most of us do not). To me, in your situation I think a brandable makes the most sense - like look hard at what you can get in your price range. The advantage of a brandable is it could appeal to both conservative and creative types, and does not box you in style wise. Alternatively, I would go with one of the names along the lines suggested by @indiegrind . I like many of them, especially NameEssence and NameOriginal.
The very best in your search and your domain investing future, @address !

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back