IT.COM

question Domain Extension Upgrade!!

NameSilo
Watch

mesdil

Established Member
Impact
How would a company that currently owns a domain with the .CO or .IO extension perceive the offer of a .COM extension in terms of an upgrade or an increase in the value of their business? I'm interested in understanding their perspective.
Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How would a company that currently owns a domain with the .CO or .IO extension perceive the offer of a .COM extension in terms of an upgrade or an increase in the value of their business? I'm interested in understanding their perspective.
Thank you in advance!
In case of .co they most probably may consider buying the. com
In case of .io it depends.

If it's a valuable name and they have trademark make sure it doesn't become an UDRP case

•••
In case of .co they most probably may consider buying the. com
In case of .io it depends.

If it's a valuable name and they have trademark make sure it doesn't become an UDRP case
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
In case of .io it depends on what, can you explain more, please!!

•••
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
In case of .io it depends on what, can you explain more, please!!
In case of .io it depends on how suitable .io is compared to .com, as some names sounds good with .io and also most new web based businesses are opting for itb since com's are taken. When respective .com is available at cheaper price they may buy and redirect one to another.
Either case, contacting a trademarked company will easily put you at risk. So check that.

•••
In case of .io it depends on how suitable .io is compared to .com, as some names sounds good with .io and also most new web based businesses are opting for itb since com's are taken. When respective .com is available at cheaper price they may buy and redirect one to another.
Either case, contacting a trademarked company will easily put you at risk. So check that.
Thank you, I appreciate the information and advice you have shared 🙏🙏

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back