IT.COM

discuss Domain expired almost a year ago, not dropped

NameSilo
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
I was looking for a domain to use for a personal website. I found one with a "Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-01-16" but it has not been dropped. Has anyone ever seen that before? It is 2023, right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was looking for a domain to use for a personal website. I found one with a "Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-01-16" but it has not been dropped. Has anyone ever seen that before? It is 2023, right?
Did the name ever drop?

Sometimes the registrar will 'hold on' to domains after the projected drop date. This is one of those things that should be prohibited...it would keep the sleezy ones from putting their paws in the pot.

•••
Did the name ever drop?

Sometimes the registrar will 'hold on' to domains after the projected drop date. This is one of those things that should be prohibited...it would keep the sleezy ones from putting their paws in the pot.
Nope. It looks like they finally renewed it until 2028.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back