Dynadot

question Domain Earning Figures

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dennisok

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, please are the revenue figures displayed on domains in the marketplaces real and can they still continue to generate same amount of money after been transferred to a new owner? Regards.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which marketplaces are you talking about? if the earnings shown come from domains that are measured in the marketplace then yes, the earnings are accurate. eg. Above.com's stats are real since they come straight from the users' performance.

There are two factors that affect the earnings you might get when you transfer a parked domain from one owner to the other:
a. The revenue share of the new owner with the parking service
b. Whether the domain is a typo or not.

(a)
if the seller is a veteran in parking they will most probably have a better share than someone that is new in the parking business. So, if you are new then chances are the earnings will be lower

(b)
typos depend on the original website's performance. If that website performs well then the typo will also perform well. That can continue as long as the original website performs.

With non-typos, since they depend on dying traffic, the earnings typically get into the unprofitable state within 1 to 3 years.

•••
O
Which marketplaces are you talking about? if the earnings shown come from domains that are measured in the marketplace then yes, the earnings are accurate. eg. Above.com's stats are real since they come straight from the users' performance.

There are two factors that affect the earnings you might get when you transfer a parked domain from one owner to the other:
a. The revenue share of the new owner with the parking service
b. Whether the domain is a typo or not.

(a)
if the seller is a veteran in parking they will most probably have a better share than someone that is new in the parking business. So, if you are new then chances are the earnings will be lower

(b)
typos depend on the original website's performance. If that website performs well then the typo will also perform well. That can continue as long as the original website performs.

With non-typos, since they depend on dying traffic, the earnings typically get into the unprofitable state within 1 to 3 years.
Ok. Thanks for your response. I meant earnings stat shown in the GoDaddy market place for instance?

•••
@dennisok ,
sorry, I don't buy from GoDaddy so I don't know how they get their stats.

•••
@dennisok ,
sorry, I don't buy from GoDaddy so I don't know how they get their stats.
Ok. So from your experience, where do you think is okay to buy a good traffic domains? Regards.

•••
Ignoring the facts I mentioned earlier?
I would buy from Above.com or by contacting people myself and ask them to send me exported stats from the parking places they have their domains on.

•••
Ignoring the facts I mentioned earlier?
I would buy from Above.com or by contacting people myself and ask them to send me exported stats from the parking places they have their domains on.
Alright, nice one. Thanks alot. I sincerely appreciate.

•••
I wouldn’t go off the stats/revenue you see on godaddy. I’ve bought thousands of domains from gd and can tell you that they aren’t very accurate.

•••
I wouldn’t go off the stats/revenue you see on godaddy. I’ve bought thousands of domains from gd and can tell you that they aren’t very accurate.
Ok. Thanks so much but any experience with Sedo traffic domains?

•••
Back