IT.COM

Domain Dojo - Brand Selection Poll

NameSilo
Watch

What would be a great name for a global network of cool domainer-friendly co-working spaces?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Last weekend, I introduced the idea of a "Domain Dojo" or a Domainer-friendly co-working space. Since then we received a number of domain submissions for possible use as brand names for this innovative concept that is currently in the planning stage as part of a larger expansion plan that centers on co-creation.

The basic premise here is that full-time domainers can live almost anywhere. The inherent nature of the industry is that in many ways it can be highly liberating in terms of work location. And yet most domainers are probably living in the same city or town they were living in before they became a domain investor.

In the meantime, there are places in the world where Digital Nomads have become highly productive. You can find entire directories but here is a typical Dojo in a beach community in Indonesia:

There are a growing number of so-called Dojos, that combine community, lodging, dining, and co-working, often strategically placed near beaches and typically with low operating costs.

There are a staggering number of beautiful places in the world with great Internet service, so why be tied down if you don't need to be. I am personally quite fond of Las Palmas in Gran Canarias, in North Africa, a popular destination for Digital Nomads. Others are fond of places like Ubud, Seychelles, Mauritius, Gozo, etc.

For those of us who regularly attend domain conferences like NamesCon, there is clearly a vibrant domain community. However, this is just once per year. So the thinking of this project is to establish a network of Dojos, where domainers can meet, cooperate, learn from each other, and co-create abundance.

As I know a growing number of people in the industry, and know their respective strengths and capabilities, I see opportunities every day to connect dots and help make things happen that might otherwise not happen. Given the right environment, we could all be doing a lot more of that, online and offline. That's the idea.

With that as context, please help select a domain that would fit the Domainer Dojo Lifestyle!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
First, I want to congratulate all of you making this far, you all got free exposure. Win or lose

— My favorite: only one, I voted for initially

ePurpose

Best name for this purpose (digital= “e” prefix)

if wanna further align DN theme. (DN umbrella)

DNCollab but also sounds epik music label

DNtogether names promote unity, w/ purpose

Last edited:
•••
I have few submissions so I won't comment on any names . But overall looks like few great nominations .

•••
•••
Thanks Rob for coming through on ur promise to narrow down the names in next couple days

Solid names, Congrats to the upcoming winner

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I really hoped you would have put some choices with "Brand" in there. As I previously mentioned, I really think the concept could have gone a lot further in being a location not just for domainers to chill, but for entrepreneurs and end-users looking for help in branding their new/upcoming businesses. Would be great for them to be able to brainstorm with domainers .. and hopefully end up with an end-user sale .. or at the very least end with the entrepreneur leaving with a bit more education on the value of a domain and respect for the industry.

In the same light, I really think the name of these locations should be understandable to people not currently familiar with domains or branding, but who might be curious walking by. While there are some decent names there (Grandia is a nice one), the only ones that make sense for what I'm talking about are the "Name_" domains (since there are no "Domain" domains, nor what would have been my first choice with "Brand" domains). These satellite locations are just full of opportunity to grow the end-user domain business .. would be a shame to waste such a golden opportunity because they just pass it by because it has a sign outside that doesn't invite them in for the reasons we'd want.

PS .. I also really don't get how you have Name/Dojos, but not DomainDojos? lol

Alliteration = 10x memorability ;)

•••
OptWork is a very ideal brand name for co-working solutions.
(Opt = Ideal, Optimum, Select etc.)
Also, only 7-Letter, 2-Syllable; very short, descriptive and memorable.

All the best!

•••
I'm scratching my head at my DnDojos.com not making this list :(

•••
" Optwork " can be explained as " Optimum Domainer Network " too.

Last edited:
•••
OptWork is a very ideal brand name for co-working solutions.
(Opt = Ideal, Optimum, Select etc.)
Also, only 7-Letter, 2-Syllable; very short, descriptive and memorable.

All the best!

Actually that is not what Opt means. Opt is an actual word.

opt
/äpt/
verb
  1. make a choice from a range of possibilities.

•••
Voted for
Cybrtrks.com
Even printer refusing to print that name :)

•••
•••
Voted for
Cybrtrks.com
Even printer refusing to print that name :)

Isn’t that one letter off from the Tesla registration of cybrtrk?

•••
•••
•••
I voted for NameDojos (although I think NameDojo is better) it most clearly conveys what the concept is. Just grabbed a few dojo names of my own. 😇

•••
•••
So are you disregarding that is an actual word with its own meaning? K.

This project is for a "co-working" and "lifestyle" brand name;
so, Optwork is ideal for this concept.
Thanks.

•••
The purpose is well written in the poll question...

Frankly this clarity is not given in previous thread and lot of explanation of the lifestyle was highlighted...

I think this is the contest with entries most of them are made up and trying hard to be relevant to the project...

I liked only one...and voted to..

Collab.org

I think the core concept is to staying together and working together... don't know why there is need of DN/domain/name words in the name for this project...that is like something else...
I see some are using same mantra of DN at the start to get attention...

And Dojo is described to say about lifestyle but again it in the name doesn't look cool and definitely not needed.

Just my opinions.

Good luck to all and @Rob Monster

I don't have my names in this list.

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
collab.org is the obvious winner. Nice project!

•••
DNTogether and Collab.org are the best names in the poll IMO.

•••
Yeah purpose is well mentioned, it's Domainers co work and collaborations .

Collab.org is nice name but too generic . If I see a website I may assume anything from tech to arts to music to sports to games to entertainment . No one would guess it's Domaining communiety or else it would be last thing to realize .

Also if Collab is obvious winner it wouldn't have gone for polls .

Again it's my opinion.

Frankly this clarity is not given in previous thread and lot of explanation of the lifestyle was highlighted...

I think this is the contest with entries most of them are made up and trying hard to be relevant to the project...

Collab.org

I think the core concept is to staying together and working together... don't know why there is need of DN/domain/name words in the name for this project...that is like something else...

And Dojo is described to say about lifestyle but again it in the name doesn't look cool and definitely not needed.

Just my opinions.

Thanks,
Ravi
If you red the requirement it's about

Collab.org

Just my opinions.

Thanks,
Ravi
Yeah purpose is well described and though Collab.org is nice name but it's far too generic .
Social,technical,musical,sports,

Collab.org

Just my opinions.

Thanks,
Ravi

•••

I was initially confused as well .. lol .. from my understanding however .. is that it's now a brand that should represent:
(1) the locations as well as
(2) concept of working remotely as well as
(3) implying the co-workspace concept and
(4) people getting together (not necessarily just at those locations) .. *AND* ..
(5) keeping domains in focus .. *AND*
(6) Have all the other elements of a good domain name (Radio test, correct grammar, good/strong wordflow, have meaning to majority of intended target audience, etc)

The only one in the list that covers all 6 is NameNirvana .. NameDojos does as well if the locations are to be branded as part of the network. The fact other names are even being considered

What I said above was just my personal opinion about how it could have the potential for more if it could also be inviting for start-up entrepreneurs looking for guidance on branding and in getting a domain. Essentially creating a new stream for potential end-users, which is why I would have loved to see some options with "Brand" or "Branding" in it, as well as why I'd hesitate on pretty much all choices that don't give the impression of it being a place for branding or getting good domain help/ideas. (For example, only domainers understand the DN abbreviation). I think Grandia is probably the best brand on the list .. but don't see the connection for this project.

Keeping that in mind .. the only two that really fit if there is to be focus on domains/brands, are the two with Name in it (because unfortunately there are none with Domain/Domaining or what I feel would be the best choice with Brand/Branding). NameNirvana is good is you want a name focused on individual locations, or either NameNirvana or NameDojos is the brand is to be for the whole network.

That being said .. if it's just random gathering places where there isn't necessarily a focus on domains/branding .. then that changes things 100% .. *IF* that's the case .. and the scope of the locations is not to be focused on domains/brands, then I like Grandia, and also like the ring/flow of Dojoville, plus Dojoville does bring some scope into play even if it's just the dojo part and not the domain part. I also like Collab, but only if Colab can also be secured .. and again .. depends on the specifics .. if it's going to be a commercial location (cafe/hotel), you'd also want to eventually look at the .com's to be sure you could at least get them later.[/QUOTE]

•••
Think outside the box ... about people who want to finally meet domainers to help them find / create brand name / rebrand, the name that make a difference, and not just to get a sunny beach view or a 10oz of mountain oxygen. You can always host the Domain / Brand Name event, workshop (sponsored by local business or registry, registrar or hosting company ... whatever suit’s t local people). Live online streaming. ... “We've got your back” attitude. (Reserve your free or $xx tickets @ Fullvenue (?) . IMO

Last edited:
•••
Back