Dynadot

advice Domain Brokers - Do they work?

NameSilo
Watch

maibravo

Established Member
Impact
Hey all!

I've been wondering about the idea of domain brokers.
My thought was that if I had some good domains but not yet much experience selling domains, there would be no reason for me not to get someone else to sell them for me. Pay them on commission - a fixed percentage of the sale - which would achieve a mutually beneficial situation.

That seems like a good idea, right??

I found some online domain brokers ( ddna.com ) and got in touch with them but got no reply.

So my question is... Does anyone have experience / success with this?
Suggestions on who to seek out?

Thanks!

Mai

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you have high quality domains, a good broker can easily be worth it.

But even top domain brokers are not miracle workers. They need quality assets to work with.

Brad

•••
•••
To attract a domain broker you need exceptional names which are reasonably priced. Otherwise a sale is unlikely to occur and the broker makes nothing. No one likes to work for free.

•••
If I were a domain broker, I will select the high quality domains that will sell.....otherwise I waste time not selling anything....

•••
If I were a domain broker, I will select the high quality domains that will sell.....otherwise I waste time not selling anything....

No, of course, that's understood. The domains *have* to be interesting for the broker. There's no point otherwise. I just wondered if there was something I don't know in terms of finding such brokers or they are just hard to find.
Reading the thread on here about this and now some more. It seems like it's not SO easy to find them, which is odd, considering how useful their services.

•••
My thought was that if I had some good domains but not yet much experience selling domains, there would be no reason for me not to get someone else to sell them for me.

There is only one way to get good at selling your own domains...by selling your own domains. You can get good at selling domains within a year or less (with enough volume). Guess were you will be a year from now if you don't start now...exactly where you are now.

•••
Domain brokers won't sell your average domains worth average $2500-$5000, because ,it gets only 15% commission or $375-$750 and harder to sell....

Brokers will rather pick high quality domains worth $50000-$100000+ to get bigger commissions of $7500 -$15000 with the same amount of time and brokering efforts selling $2500.....

That's why brokers don't waste time responding your emails with ordinary domains....

You get my point!

Look at Rick Schwartz, he doesn't response any emails that offer less than $100000......

•••
Above comment are mostly correct. In my experience brokers don't touch "ok" domains, only premium. I was also looking for someone to sell my $1000 - $2000 domains, but could not find a single soul, which I think is a gap in the market.

•••
There is only one way to get good at selling your own domains...by selling your own domains. You can get good at selling domains within a year or less (with enough volume). Guess were you will be a year from now if you don't start now...exactly where you are now.
Yeah absolutely, but I was still curious to know how the broker thing works. There's a time for everything.

•••
Above comment are mostly correct. In my experience brokers don't touch "ok" domains, only premium. I was also looking for someone to sell my $1000 - $2000 domains, but could not find a single soul, which I think is a gap in the market.
May be I should fill in the gap, provided I can make a decent profit.....don't think it will work....unless i do for charity....

Last edited:
•••
I agree.

•••
May be someone can show me how to become a successful broker? or top end broker?

•••
•••
•••
May be someone can show me how to become a successful broker? or top end broker?
As far as I'm reading, top end brokers get hired based on their extensive experience and great record. If you want to start being a "medium end" broker ( -> gap in the market), get in touch with me :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
As far as I'm reading, top end brokers get hired based on their extensive experience and great record. If you want to start being a "medium end" broker ( -> gap in the market), get in touch with me :laugh:
Show me how?

•••
Few are worth but rest are useless

•••
•••
a domain broker is intrested in a good domain name which is reasonably priced

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back