Dynadot

news Domain Aftermarket we will share a curated list of our public top sales including domain name and t

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovedomains

Established Member
Impact
just got this e-mail from GoDaddy

Hello There,

As part of our dedication to transparency within the Domain Aftermarket we will share a curated list of our public top sales including domain name and the corresponding price of the transaction, beginning in October.

We are excited for the additional visibility this will provide Domain Investors such as yourself.

If you would like to request a transaction to be excluded from publication, please contact your account manager at Premier Services, Afternic, or email [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is meant to replace the Uni sales report, it will include Uni sales as well as Afternic and GoDaddy.

Sorry for being so absent recently, I'll try better

Paul, you have the stress of 80M domains rest on your shoulders Thanks for your time, Paul!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks
What exactly is a GD account manager?
Do I qualify for one of these 'account managers'?
Never got this email you guys are referring too.

GoDaddy has a special accounts team called Premier Services, typically if you carry at least 250 domains with GoDaddy you may qualify. You do not need to have a premier rep in order to opt out though, simply email our support team auctions@godaddy

•••
Why only the top 20? Sedo for example makes weekly reports of all their sales (at least the non opted-out) over $2,000 if I'm not wrong.
It would be very good for the domain industry and for Godaddy itself if you disclose all the sales over $2,000.
The more sales you report, the more people will be willing to list their domains for sale at Godaddy. And also it would help to get a better idea of the real end user domain sales, not only the ones reported at auctions.

There are internal restrictions that forced 20 per month as a compromise vs nothing

•••
Paul, you have the stress of 80M domains rest on your shoulders Thank you for your time!

Samer

thanks, but it's not all that bad. I've just been heads down on Uni integration work since late last year

•••
There are internal restrictions that forced 20 per month as a compromise vs nothing
Thanks for the reply. Well yes, definitely 20 per month is better than nothing :)

In fact, reporting the Top 20 sales per month at Godaddy and Afternic will be very important for the industry. So thanks again for it!

Last edited:
•••
To report or not to report? A related thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/breaking-news-not-all-domain-sales-are-reported.1171438/

====

Just Imho-

Possible reasons not to report sales:

- NDA

- Being too busy

- Not seeing how it would benefit the business

- Seeing how it may harm the business (For example: oh, he sold blah-blah dot something. He knows his job. What other niches he is in? Let me also try...)

Possible reasons to report sales:

- Being a domain marketplace (needs to be promoted!)

- Need to satisfy an ego. Also,
Compensation (psychology). In psychology, compensation is a strategy whereby one covers up, consciously or unconsciously, weaknesses, frustrations, desires, or feelings of inadequacy or incompetence in one life area through the gratification or (drive towards) excellence in another area,

- Being a good Samaritan - dedicating time and efforts to support third party platforms like dnjournal or namebio, and/or trying to make the industry better by educating potential buyers.

====

I personally do not want to see my sales reported, so thank you @Paul Nicks for limiting the report to 20 domains and for an opportunity to exclude sales... Yeah, some folks may be of different opinion. Even right here on NP, a number of members do contribute exclusively or almost exclusively reporting their sales. To each his own... :)

•••
Back