Dynadot

sales DogGroomers.com sold for $104,000

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So this is in not really a retail or a wholesale category, as the plan by Drew is to develop the name. Since not planning to resell, does not need to be the built in 5x or 10x or whatever factor between cost and retail sales target. That said, it seems to me a lot to pay, but I wish him well. He has great success in developing, so I don't doubt he will make a go of it, but it is more whether he could have had similar success with some other name with a much lower price. From the Twitter request that spawned it, it was not that he was looking specifically for a pet grooming name at all, but rather for a name for some common service.
Bob

•••
So this is in not really a retail or a wholesale category, as the plan by Drew is to develop the name. Since not planning to resell, does not need to be the built in 5x or 10x or whatever factor between cost and retail sales target. That said, it seems to me a lot to pay, but I wish him well. He has great success in developing, so I don't doubt he will make a go of it, but it is more whether he could have had similar success with some other name with a much lower price. From the Twitter request that spawned it, it was not that he was looking specifically for a pet grooming name at all, but rather for a name for some common service.
Bob
yes, well maybe in his world - dog grooming is a great place to meet women and gain status.

•••
Maybe MAYBE as a reseller/dev I'd pay that price, but not just for the one domain...

I would need at least these three to feel even remotely confident in securing that niche

DogGrooming.com
DogGroomer(s).com

•••
Weird purchase! he could have established a real dog groomers business for that amount.

•••
$104,000!!!
Is this fur real?​

dog-puns-1581708208.jpg

•••
It's a very high search two word EMD with a 20 DA and a 2.2 million Alexa. He'll be fine in the LR imho but the main limiting factor of this domain is that it is extremely local. The locality is what makes it an overpay vs underpay to domainers.

•••
@slader23 for 1% of that he could have picked up a much better domain with better seo metrics
there is simply no justification for the price.

•••
Q: We know who the seller is and why he aka DomainInvesting aka Elliot has not come out to confirm the sale?
Buyer paid too much for that specific purpose domain for directory site which can be installed cheaply.

Is the sale confirmed by DNjournal?????

•••
If he gave me 104,000 for ten years, I would give him 100 million dollars at the end of the 10 years.

•••
Fun thread to read. I'm rather impressed with the constructive criticism. I agree with nearly all of the feedback (positive and negative).

It is important to note that we buy to develop, not resale. I personally buy all kinds of domains, but anything over five figures is tied to a project.

•••
That means he’s a human being.
Not a billionaire. And objective, still an asset.
Oh and .com always #1!! Now and forever. Take solace didnt pay 6-figures for a non-com

Thanks for sharing his immediate reaction lol.
Still waiting for same reply from Alcove buyer, another one, think, final price was an overpay, with caveat: Good luck all,we all want success!

Samer

I made a similar blog posting today at https://impulsecorp.com/why-i-bought-yachts-com about how I bought yachts.com a few weeks ago, and then had second thoughts about it.

•••
I made a similar blog posting today at https://impulsecorp.com/why-i-bought-yachts-com about how I bought yachts.com a few weeks ago, and then had second thoughts about it.

I just saw a tweet about that domain, then saw your reply here.

Love the processing you did staring at the blank screen of your new domain. A feeling I'm familiar with. 🙂

Good luck on the venture. You just purchased access to an industry, can't wait to see what you do with it.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back