IT.COM

Does PorkBun.com UI need work? (Give feedback/Take Poll)

NameSilo
Watch

Do you like PorkBun's user interface, "as-is"?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • MAYBE! Add an optional dashboard interface for serious users

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I am trying to find a registrar to move my domains to. I WANT to move to PorkBun but I hate hate hate their default UI. It attempts to be eye candy but the results are counter-domainer friendly.

The fonts are tiny, and the info provided is limited (I'd love whois search info at least) but the thing I hate most, and what keeps me from using PorkBun as my primary registrar, is the overabundance and saturation of HUGE ICONS... argh!

Because of this (IMO) terrible design, I can view only 15 rows of domains on my PorkBun dashboard. I get 21 rows full of much more useful info at Epik. I can review and manage more than 25% more rows at a glance! This is immeasurably useful by comparison.

PorkBun, can you PLEASE create an alternative BASIC UI for domainers who value content and information over fluff?

This is not an attack on PorkBun. I love them. I just want a professional, more useful interface

PLEASE and THANK YOU

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It must be different on mobile, on desktop it's not bad. Everything avail under "Details", icons aren't enormous, at a glance pretty much all dn management is there.

PB is one of the cheapest registrars, so I mean there are some things that won't appease all. You can try the official thread for suggestions, they've been pretty good with considering feedback from us over the years (other, older threads):

https://www.namepros.com/threads/porkbun-official-thread.1267018/

•••
My results are based on my PC monitor. 15 rows (at PB) vs 21 rows (at Epik). At a glance. Without scrolling
on desktop it's not bad
More than 25% fewer rows of domains to view at a glance at PorkBun. This is significant when managing a large portfolio

You can try the official thread for suggestions
I've already suggested this to PorkBun directly. This is an attempt to specifically address this matter with the domainer community, in order to receive appropriate, helpful feedback. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Oh you must mean without scrolling.

I dunno, not an issue to me. Negligible, really. You can literally get to everything you need on one click.

I agree, the font is small, and the icons provided are for more mainstream users. They could fit more on the screen at a single glance without them.

+1 on a "pro" design option suggestion.

•••
•••
They've actually been adding different view settings recently.

Just above the list of your domains, click the "domain management settings" button.

Maybe the "utilitarian view" option may be more to your liking.

You can even go back in there and have it show nameservers within the list.

•••
As @nlitenme said, we have a few new view options including the Utilitarian View which was made specifically to be domainer focused. We haven't formally announced it as we are doing some other domainer focused overhauls including on our marketplace landers (shameless plug to sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know on this). As others have said, we're always open to constructive feedback either via posts like this, on our official forum, or emailed directly to support.

OINK!

•••
I am trying to find a registrar to move my domains to.
I too am on the hunt...the Epik system is so pro domainer friendly...I can't find another I like as much. I've never experienced PB but since you are giving them a look I will as well. If there is a 'toggle' that will give a more pro interface, that would be helpful. Of course, they will have to have domainer friendly pricing for transfers and regs.

•••
Even though there's always room for improvement, I like their UI just fine. It gets the job done

Last edited:
•••
Utilitarian View which was made specifically to be domainer focused
@Porkbun
18 rows with this one. Much better and getting close. You could probably match or beat the 21 rows I have found elsewhere if you lessen the height of the whois column dropbox

Would be great to include some whois stats, too.

Last edited:
•••
@Porkbun
18 rows with this one. Much better and getting close. You could probably match or beat the 21 rows I have found elsewhere if you lessen the height of the whois column dropbox

Would be great to include some whois stats, too.

Give it a whirl now.

•••
Give it a whirl now.
35 ROWS!! You guys rock!! Looks like you will have a UI for everyone!

Hopefully, others can use this opportunity to share ideas.

The other item on my wishlist is whois search data. Total searches, and whether multiple searches are conducted by a singular, or multiple, IPs

THANK YOU!!!!

•••
35 ROWS!! You guys rock!! Looks like you will have a UI for everyone!

Hopefully, others can use this opportunity to share ideas.

The other item on my wishlist is whois search data. Total searches, and whether multiple searches are conducted by a singular, or multiple, IPs

THANK YOU!!!!
We don't actually track WHOIS queries but that's an interesting idea I'd never thought of. I'll add it to our wish list. If you use our marketplace landers, we did add some basic analytics to those that can be viewed in the marketplace settings modal for the domain. We also added the ability to configure your own Google Analytics ID, if you wanted to pump data into there. It's still a work in progress:

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 4.28.54 PM.png

•••
We don't actually track WHOIS queries but that's an interesting idea I'd never thought of
dynadot doing this since many years.

and the recent update on utilitarian view is unmanageable. it needs odd-even list coloring and hover effect.

@internext buy a vertical monitor.

Last edited:
•••
and the recent update on utilitarian view is unmanageable. it needs odd-even list coloring and hover effect.

@internext buy a vertical monitor.

Check it out now. See if that makes it less unmanageable.

•••
@SlackJawedYokel
Looks great to me. My goal wasn't to make it "unmanageable". I think it's looking great, but if you want to add some padding to make the rows easier to distinguish, I am not against that. I love it as it is now, but I'd be super-happy with 25 rows or more personally.

Hopefully, more people will chime in.

shameless plug to sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know on this
Found it! Its a toggle under Privacy Settings (Receive Non-transactional Email) in the Account Settings area

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back