Dynadot

opinion Does Parking affect your Domain SEO?

NameSilo
Watch

onlysndp

Established Member
Impact
I heard from somewhere that parking makes negative impact for seo. It means the one who buys it later has to deal hard for SEO?
Is this true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What sense???
You will not receive any gain, because lack of SEO parameters of your newly created subdomain, so nothing will be inherited.
In other words...
Domain and its subdomain(s) are considered by Google separately/independently in terms of SEO.
Each subdomain has its own SEO parameters. 0 in your case.

•••
•••
What sense???
You will not receive any gain, because lack of SEO parameters of your newly created subdomain, so nothing will be inherited.
I just saw when I search for "Cheapfly8" in google, it does show the search result of "Cheapfly8.com" but with the content of "Cheapfly8.besmartass.com". So the problem solved!!! I want to redirect because there I made a simple WordPress with an affiliated flight search engine. And I made a contact form for anyone who is interested in buying.

•••
It depends what kind of parking you are referring to,

if you talk about a sales lander similar to Undeveloped's then no, you won't necessarily lose any seo that has been made on the domain as undeveloped provides both https and a customised description which will get indexed.

if you talk about parking for monetisation from various feeds then yes, any work that has been made on the domain will slowly vanish, domain will slowly get de-indexed from google's index, etc.

Someone that's more experienced in seo will probably give you a better answer though

Not sure I agree that a one page for sale page would be "better" than a parked page with ad links on it. both offer little to no unique content on the page. I think any major change in from the existing content of a domain that is off topic to the previous "keyword theme" of the site would effect or even reset search results after enough time.

•••
Not sure I agree that a one page for sale page would be "better" than a parked page with ad links on it. both offer little to no unique content on the page. I think any major change in from the existing content of a domain that is off topic to the previous "keyword theme" of the site would effect or even reset search results after enough time.

The main difference is the customised text I mentioned that one can enter in Undeveloper's lander.

I can only assume that, even a small amount of relevant text in a single page is better than a totally blank page with only ad links.

•••
That's why I redirected it to my new subdomain and made a single page website. I have there some affiliation link and a contact form. I hope it doesn't make the negative impact on SEO.

•••
Nothing can affect SEO performance of a domain except dropping.
"Nothing" includes parking and redirection (301/302/masking or another technique) to another page/domain.

Because domain means website with no content. SEO is about domains with content. Of course domains without content carry some SEO value depending on age, backlink and former content. You can't increase or decrease that SEO power until you develop that domain with text content. Redirecting (301 redirect) domain A to domain B will transfer SEO power of domain A to domain B. But when you develop domain A with text content on its own internal URL's and remove the 301 redirection to domain B, that transferred power will be transferred back to its original owner, domain A.

In short, whatever you do to your undeveloped domain (except letting it to drop/expire), you can't affect its SEO.

Last edited:
•••
I think this has no value in these modern SEO trends but a parked domain is no use for search engine bots.

•••
I personally have seen very few parked names come up in search results. partly from all the reasons mentioned here. What you do need to consider is the traffic and links already coming into that domain. Unless your making considerable rev from parking ($5 to $50 per month) I think its more important to take advantage of the traffic.
That inlcudes
- a clear way to contact you (make an offer form)
- some customization on the form like a logo or background image and text that is relavant to the domain
- many and clear payment options (escrow, bitcoin, paypal, credit card )
- clear metrics on the domain to help you make the final decision. (what you paid , domain age, .com monthly visits, domain potential etc)
- promoting your names on as many marketplaces as possible.

focus less on seo'ing parked pages and more on promoting the name itself and making it easy to purchase.

•••
The ads are loaded dynamically via scripts, so to a search engine crawler, your website will appear almost blank. Any content-based SEO juice will eventually disappear

•••
No.

The way it works is that a company that wants the ads, uses AdWords. They pay for the PPC. Then the company that wants to place the ads on their domains, uses AdSense - then the AdWords PPC are placed onto the domains.

However, parking companies for their domains do not use any Google ads at all, they have their own system for this sort of thing, which is why I say No - Google ads do not appear on parked pages with no content. (Google Adsense for Domains was retired as a Google product June 27, 2012.)

due diligence is overdue

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back