Dynadot

Does GoDaddy have an "arrangement" with HugeDomains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Ok so I ordered a backorder with KikVR in king. It took a very long time for anything to happen. Then today I finally got word today of unsuccessful Backorder.

Domain was registered originally with Godaddy so I felt confident I'd get it on backorder thru Godaddy.

but alas. no good.

and whois shows it's owned by HugeDomains

yall know I'm the Paranoid type so would like to hear some opinions. or info.

Does HugeDomains "needs" supercede say some little domainer who ordered a Backorder with Godaddy?

Granted. in hindsight I'm realizing now. Ordering a Backorder on any domain is like a "heads up" to the big boys about a domain that's about to delete.

as the saying goes "There is no honor among thieves."

anyone with any experience on this?

How did HugeDomains beat me to grabbing a Godaddy expiring domain?

I don't get it. All I can think of is that HugeDomains IS Godaddy?
Or HugeDomains Dropcatch servers simply is faster than Godaddy?

or does it matter who orders the backorder first?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Because HugeDomains' army of registrars are much better than GoDaddy's backorder service, and it doesn't matter where the domain is registered at or who ordered first.

•••
Yes, hugenames has more servers than anyone, so they have more chances to catch names, they just hava that many more hands to grab, tha
Ok so I ordered a backorder with KikVR in king. It took a very long time for anything to happen. Then today I finally got word today of unsuccessful Backorder.

Domain was registered originally with Godaddy so I felt confident I'd get it on backorder thru Godaddy.

but alas. no good.

Does HugeDomains "needs" supercede say some little domainer who ordered a Backorder with Godaddy?

Granted. in hindsight I'm realizing now. Ordering a Backorder on any domain is like a "heads up" to the big boys about a domain that's about to delete.

Once the name expires, and leaves the registry channel, it is the the fastest dropcatch who can make the connection to claim it first, that get's it.

So since Dropcatch/Hugedomains has the most registry connections, their odds of catching it outweigh anyone else.

Simple as that.

•••
Yes, hugenames has more servers than anyone, so they have more chances to catch names, they just hava that many more hands to grab, tha

Once the name expires, and leaves the registry channel, it is the the fastest dropcatch who can make the connection to claim it first, that get's it.

So since Dropcatch/Hugedomains has the most registry connections, their odds of catching it outweigh anyone else.

Simple as that.

Too bad you can't hire them to get the domain you want.

Of course useless since they will charge the usual price anyways.

•••

but alas. no good.

I used godaddy backordering years ago without a hitch. Ive been trying for years to get the domain related to a brand I created "LITHIUMPICNIC.COM" for years.it was held by a hobbyist photographer in Vietnam who had fun pretending to be me. I placed a backorder which stood for years. Somewhere between ordering it and executing on it the wording of the terms changed - what was previously touted as "be the first in line should it become available" is now something along the lines of "have a chance among many others to bid on it at auction". THEIR auction. So rather than be the next stop on the domain train after expiration... I'm now placed in a pool of bidders. A situation that I wouldr invariable lose to HUGEDOMAINS/nameblight. It should be criminal for GoDaddy to even sell backorders any more because you have a lottery tickets chance of getting the domain given the arese-n-all of snipers HUGEDOMAINS and etc employ. I'm still not convinced (like the Orig Poster) that they don't have some deal or kickback or head up notice at the least. Anyone have success contesting these practices or am I destined to join the sore back end club ... They want 5k for it. The bid the farck out of the auction at the 11th hour for $250.

Would love to hear your story or links to related articles.

Thank you for listening,
Philip

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back