Dynadot

discuss Does anyone actually buy or sell over the Christmas period ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
Just curious and if not, when does it start picking up again. Views from your personal experiences please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
I guess any outbound sell to corporate end user will be slow. I've paused my outbound reaching for the moment.

•••
Yes, they can happen at anytime. I woke to a very substantial offer today (Christmas eve).

Last edited:
•••
Have one pending sale from today... (outbound)

The internet never closes and although people step away from their computers, most are wired through their cell phones anyways...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
IMO, domain sales do slow down during the holiday season. A lot of people go on vacation and spend time with family, so it's pretty common sense. It probably picks up near the end of January.

•••
That article is referring to the shopping season. I believe the OP is talking about domain sales specifically.
Point is money flows during holiday season. Also, it is the last chance for small to large companies to situate themselves for year end tax purposes.

•••
That article is referring to the shopping season. I believe the OP is talking about domain sales specifically.
The article is not tied to one industry but sales in general

Many people receive cash as gifts and return some gifts which leave them with extra spending money and spend for tax purposes as @Internet.Domains alluded to

Maybe its just my optimistic self speaking, but I remember Christmas week last year as being a great week for me

Others have also reported pending/closed deals above

I will find out if this repeats itself though

Thanks

•••
Sorry this article was meant to be about domain sales.maybe it's the way I wrote it, but I was referring to domains

•••
Last year I had nothing between the first few days of December and late January. So far nothing since late November this year.

I do agree that for some businesses with tax year and calendar year the same inducement to purchase domains before end yeat.

I follow NameBio reports day by day. No marked drop off yet.

•••
I personally feel like its very slow. Some people are selling right now. I am not one of them. No one wants my crappy domains :ROFL: I also hear a lot of other people are ice cold. Things normally start to pick up the first week of jan

•••
I had a small 1k BIN last night but its been slow all month. November was good though.

•••
No sales over Christmas period, hoping one in the new year one :)

•••
I stopped with outbounds for the holidays. People don't like to be disturbed during Christmas.

•••
I sold a fast transfer domain on 24th. I bought some expired domains 24-25th. So I've been active :)

•••
I like to buy around this time. People need money for gifts and sometimes let names go cheap.

•••
I bought 5 domains from 18/12 till now and I sold 1

Bought: 2 misspelled, one 6 letter, one 7 letter in com. One 2 word ( 7 letter ) in com, also “Merry Christmas” in my native language in com and “car insurance” in my native language in .net

Sold: 3 word .com, food related

•••
I like to buy around this time. People need money for gifts and sometimes let names go cheap.

I wrote about this in my website, unfortunately the post is not in English, anyway ... Merry Christmas and happy domain shopping 😄

•••
Did outbound yesterday and got 1 reply out of 20 mails. He is the CEO and said he was interested in buying but we would talk after the holidays if the name is still available as I stated the asking price.

•••
Did an outbound today for a one man company and they negociated and bought the domain. I still have to get the payment but seems like a sell can happen.

•••
Had an offer on 2 names Xmas day and 1 today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back