IT.COM

.ai Does .ai tld sound like a good company tld?

NameSilo
Watch

Orion Nix

Established Member
Impact
Let's say a software company not going specifically for AI, but also AI.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'm subjective but still.. after having seen your first post about .link TLD

..if that's going to be you Company website, as opposed to:

- web service of some sort
- product landing page
- educational ML/AI resource
- a shortcut to your Github repo
- your CV page
etc

for all of the above .ai, .link or .whatever or domain hack may be OK
and i personally would expect to see one of those on .ai domain if i saw it somewhere..

..but as a Company/Brand you are supposed to be found on .com
in the first place. period.

imho

•••
Let's say a software company not going specifically for AI, but also AI.

https://www.autonomous.ai/ < Ecommerce

They're market leaders at what they do have employees worldwide. When it's all said and done you have a build a business on a domain. A domain doesn't build a business

If great .com's was a ticket to the fast lane - Schwartz, mann whoever wouldn't be writing about great .coms - as Orwell said "domainers" are still developing 15 years later

Check any exchange worldwide you will find over 50% of the billion dollar companies on garbage ccTLDs. if you have not seen Sol Orwell's episode on domain sherpa watch it.

Is a domain name a marker for business success "absolutely not" - Can it give you a helping hand "yes"

Look at real life facts rather than opinions. zoom.us got to work building a solid product they could scale. Made it to well over $1B in rev on a .us in less than a decade. FYI they still don't even bother with the .com it's because it's no skin of there nose if they have it or not - Easy play with unlimited capital reserves

I would estimate they have 7 to 8 figure MRR

Last edited:
•••
FYI they still don't even bother with the .com it's because it's no skin of there nose if they have it or not -

They bought it recently.

Your $1billion revenue claim is nonsense, I don’t think they have much revenue.

Last edited:
•••
I personally dont get the .AI hype. How many true AI companies or even Pseudo AI companies are out there? The tech is not anywhere near far enough along to have a major amount of business ventures any time soon.

When I see AI I think of Adobe Illustrator over Artificial Intelligence. Its just not there or even close by.

•••
I personally dont get the .AI hype. How many true AI companies or even Pseudo AI companies are out there? The tech is not anywhere near far enough along to have a major amount of business ventures any time soon.

When I see AI I think of Adobe Illustrator over Artificial Intelligence. Its just not there or even close by.

You won't get it Grego, AI is not available for consumers - It's too powerful of a tool for monkey brained individuals.

Facebook is a true AI company I mean find somebody in the valley who would argue otherwise? but to scratch your itch, Kreditech or Sensetime are big players.

The tech is not anywhere near far enough along? That comment wouldn't of aged well 9-12 years ago

•••
The strength of the dot ai gTLD relies on amount of domains registered. I see more of a chance with other extensions. Some domain extensions have few keywords as premium before you run out of decent ideas and most of those come at preimum pricing. The idea is to find the gems overseen with the regular renewal. With the Ai extension after chat.ai is gone i am out..onto the next idea whether gTLD or dot com.

•••

First AI was used to solve the markets in the 80's > Blackrock & Renaissance Tech came out clear winners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladdin_(BlackRock)

$15t in assets (Declared) - "The tech is not anywhere near far enough along to have a major amount of business ventures any time soon."

Last edited:
•••
I see i am the monkey. oohh oohh

•••
They bought it recently.

Your $1billion revenue claim is nonsense, I don’t think they have much revenue.

It could be $800m in rev or closer to $2b before you ever try and call me out, stay in your lane. First and foremost do the math.

8:00

Last edited:
•••
I might not be a too much-experienced person on this topic but here are my two cents.

Yes .ai isn't a mainstream domain extension. Regular people or regular companies don't need it in any way.

Let's say that doctors and engineers are regular fields of study and almost everybody wants to join the bandwagon of doctors and engineers. But there are millions of other fields too, to study out there. The most complex one is being a scientist. Most people don't want to be scientists, or more specifically we don't have that IQ and patience and perseverance to become one. It's a much higher regarded field which a common person doesn't want to get involved with.

Get my point?

It's not mainstream but companies involved in developing artificial intelligence just love the idea of this extension. It gets them the freedom to choose their keyword with a cute little extension that indicated their field.

But at the end of the day, DOT COM IS THE KING AND WILL BE ALWAYS!

Beware: AI is on the rise at an alarming rate.....

•••
It could be $800m in rev or closer to $2b before you ever try and call me out, stay in your lane. First and foremost do the math.

Oh dear, the video says nothing like that.

We’re you hoping I wouldn’t watch the video?

•••
It's ok . Nothing to talk about .

•••
Just to clarify:
  • Yes I was looking for my company domain.
  • I already had the "name".
  • The name was not in use by any other company, it was short and most of the "standard" tlds were taken by domainers (.com, .net, .group etc)
  • I chose .AI, since i like its shortness and strength over all of the other available choices.
Thank you all for your contribution to this talk.

PS Budget was $100, .com was $1M (supposedly).

•••
Just to clarify:
  • The name was not in use by any other company, it was short and most of the "standard" tlds were taken by domainers (.com, .net, .group etc)
  • I chose .AI, since i like its shortness and strength over all of the other available choices.

Choose a different .com and save yourself a lot of future pain.

•••
Just to clarify:

good idea,maybe you can use one of my 1000+ .ai names,listed here www.u.ai

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back