Dynadot

discuss Do you use anyone Above.com ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Do you use anyone above.com ?

I'm considering trying again above.com. At the moment I only park through the bodis. The ones you use have big differences between (bodis, parkincrew sedo, etc.?) Which company is the best for you at the moment ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use above with bodis and parkingcrew. I would definitely recommend it.

•••
I use above with bodis and parkingcrew. I would definitely recommend it.

you also allowed above maximizer ? what's better bodis or parkingcrew ? thank you.

•••
you also allowed above maximizer ? what's better bodis or parkingcrew ? thank you.
Bodis for most domains parkingcrew or maximiser for a few

•••
What davidc1 said is accurate for me as well. Bodis tends to perform better for my portfolio.

•••
tested anyone CTR with and without a "domain for sale" link ? mine increased by about 2% without link.

•••
tested anyone CTR with and without a "domain for sale" link ? mine increased by about 2% without link.
How many domains tested from your portfolio?

•••
•••
•••
All time with link and now 3mounth without.

•••
Above.com offers rotation, so your not locked into one company and one payout. We use competition and our Direct advertisers to maximize your full portfolio. Not to mention the marketplace and brokerage. We now offer Managed Monetization which is a more streamlined monetization avenue. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have about Above.com

•••
Bodis for most domains parkingcrew or maximiser for a few

If it's good just for few, maybe not worth the hassle?
I use Bodis btw.

•••
If it's good just for few, maybe not worth the hassle?
I use Bodis btw.
I agree with davidc1 and psalm91 - the performance @ Bodis is superior. Excuse the following rant...years ago - circa 2014 - (and prior to them being sold a few times) ParkingCrew offered the best results on non fail-listed traffic. I can only guess that rev share was slashed to help pay for the acquisition(s). Recently however, there has been an awakening at PC and I've seen them winning more traffic. PC likely had no choice. They were probably getting hammered. In traditional parking, there is no transparency - and that is the giant elephant in the room. With ZERO transparency - you have no idea what your rev share is. Sure, with Adsense and Adwords you can get a general idea of what G clicks may pay but all that will do is get you aggravated to where you'd like to see more and more of your traffic going anywhere but to G. A discussion like this one will always be ambiguous because one investor might be doing $xx,xxx a month while another is only doing $xxx. You can't assume they are both getting paid the same split. With no transparency - parking is still in many respects - the wild, wild west of the business world. What Bodis has done (by paying a fair share) is expose those paying so poorly and forcing them to ante up. That doesn't equate to full transparency but has helped the average parking investor tremendously and I am extremely grateful to Bodis for taking the lead and injecting some fairness. And to phaethon's comment about "not worth the hassle" - unless phaethon, you are referring to applying for multiple parking accounts or getting paid from multiple sources each month, there is really no hassle or downside to using Above as your aggregator. Above 's system handles the bid competition seamlessly and sends the traffic to the highest payer. If you have accounts at Bodis and PC you simply activate them @ Above and Above does the rest. Even within Above's system you can do your own testing by moving domains to a folder, locking it, and sending the traffic to one or more parking co's in any % you wish. I have traffic that is locked to go 100% to Bodis and other traffic that Above manages. You can change any setting at any time. Finally, let's not forget that some or even a large portion of the revenue increase many of us are seeing is due to recent inflation and that brings me back to my earlier pet peeve of no transparency. As it stands now - you will just never know.

•••
Above.com offers rotation, so your not locked into one company and one payout. We use competition and our Direct advertisers to maximize your full portfolio. Not to mention the marketplace and brokerage. We now offer Managed Monetization which is a more streamlined monetization avenue. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have about Above.com
Hey Jebidiah, above.com is one of the most important topics for a monetizer like me, but this thread seems to be burnt, by all means. January is 2 months ago, no bumps, no conclusions and good conversations about above.com here anymore. I´ve created a new thread today, since I would like to let people tell their stories how´s going with above-managed versus self-serve compared at above.com in example, and to start even a more detailed "workshop" in the thread, to evaluate useful conclusions for every Above publisher here on Namespros (learning never ends). As an Above/Trellian representative you´re of course the first adress to be invited, please feel free to watch it, and feel free to comment there, any insightful feedback will be greatly appeciated!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/above-com-above-managed-or-self-serve.1269251/

Last edited:
•••
use it if u have time to.waste only..

otherwise just use bodis

•••
@alcy I disagree with it being a waste of time. I’ve personally have had great results. My domains that don’t perform well with bodis actually perform better with the maximizer. I think it’s worth testing and giving them a try to see if they add value for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back