Dynadot

discuss Do you track your time investment in domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you answered 'No' to the above question, I suggest you start tracking your time, do some calculations and see what cmes out to be your hourly rate for the next 1 hour.
Of course, doing it for 1 month or 3 months may not make sense unless you are doing outbound, but over a period of 1 year, or 2 years, do some rough back of the envelope calculations. That would get you some sense of what your hobby or business is yielding for you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do people (even serious people) consider their domaining, from an hourly rate perspective? Really don't think so. IMO

Last edited:
•••
If one does it as a hobby, I doubt "hourly rate" is the only metric to find out wheather it is worth the time.
Anyways, time tracking is very important.

•••
Not tracking. but maybe taking into account, is needed. It is part of investment (as a cost). And in my case I want it back as return as well (first turn into money and then, buy time).

•••
Not tracking. but maybe taking into account, is needed. It is part of investment (as a cost). And in my case I want it back as return as well (first turn into money and then, buy time).
Absolutely! I think this is a very important thing to do! Have a rough estimate atleast!

•••
Either domaining or washing the lettuce.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back